Women Ghost Me (Prayer Request)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
I know of some women who have met their husbands online.
Not a good strategy for either party.

He just pestered her like crazy on facebook until she finally went out with him
Yikes.

Facebook banned my account for sending too many messages and adding too many friends to quickly.
That's because Facebook is run by a bunch of twenty-something girls who don't like needy, desperate guys.

I also have a cousin who met his wife online.
Again, not a good strategy.

I don't get it. But I think at the end of the day, it's a matter of two personalities that click together. Some personalities don't seem to have very many matches.
At the end of the day, it's about getting off Facebook and getting out into the real world.

Blessings and all the best to you.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
That's because Facebook is run by a bunch of twenty-something girls who don't like needy, desperate guys.
Off-topic, but it's actually run by a bunch of hypocritical wokesters.

Either way, meeting someone online used to be a good way to go... back in the 90s. Not anymore, IMO. Women are too afraid to meet offline (then why do they go there in the first place?), and too many guys are there for sexual fantasy or one-nighters.

I agree that reality is best, but when you encounter no one -- and I mean no one -- in the real world, you have little recourse.

S

Seeking-Christ

I would prefer to meet women in real life. But my job, learning disability, work problems, and church problems have prevented for years. I'm sorta feeling that God put me in isolation. That is why it would be really nice if He would just kill my sex drive. That wouldn't fix loneliness, but it would get rid of 1/2 of the desire. Or it would be really nice if God would fix some of my problems that I don't have any control over. I don't care which ones He chooses. I think the Church problem is a really bad one, because that is where Christians are supposed to find support.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
I think the Church problem is a really bad one, because that is where Christians are supposed to find support.
I know I am cherry-picking here, but I feel your pain. I can definitely relate to this one. Single men in the church are all but abandoned.

S

Seeking-Christ

I know I am cherry-picking here, but I feel your pain. I can definitely relate to this one. Single men in the church are all but abandoned.
It's worse here. I haven't been to a Church building for a year. I haven't been to Church on a regular basis for 2 years. Covid is part of the reason. But My personal Church problems started way back in 1993 or so. I was actually bullied in Church. Then things weren't going well for my parents. So they changed to a Church where they could hide. Went into that Church without friends and came out with out friends. The next church was a little better, but it split and fell apart. Back to a church to hide. Same issue. Next Church behaved like the former church. Then the next church had some strange ideas. Left that one. Then back to the Church I got bullied in. Then Covid hit and haven't been back!

S

Seeking-Christ

I think God chooses when we die.

Job 14:5

A person’s days are determined;
you have decreed the number of his months
and have set limits he cannot exceed.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
It's worse here. I haven't been to a Church building for a year.
It's been about three years for me.

I was actually bullied in Church.
Why does that not surprise me? Probably because we have imperfect people being led by professional preachers who think their only job is to preach in buildings where religious people hide from the real world.

Went into that Church without friends and came out with out friends.
One of the most difficult places to make friends is in church.

So they changed to a Church where they could hide.
The church is a great place to hide since no one ever talks to you. After all, only one person is allowed to talk!

Went into that Church without friends and came out with out friends.
In defense of the people in your church, there is no time to make friends. After a 15-minute worship session and 45-minute sermon, you have exactly 20 seconds to exit the building, just so you are not the last one out.

The next church was a little better, but it split and fell apart.
More churches are doing that these days.

Then back to the Church I got bullied in.
Yikes, what made you go back there?

I wonder what you think of the idea of infiltrating this church of yours. You could get back at these bullies by showing love to others where no one else will.

For example, my nine-year-old son and I invited ourselves to a church we had not been to since he was a toddler. We waltzed right in as if we were heirs to the Kingdom of God or something.

It was an unusual layout of the building. Just before you reached the sanctuary's doors, there was a large room with tables and a buffet. This area is where we would have food after the sermon, and since the congregation was mostly upper-middle-class, the church could afford to make the meal free of charge every Sunday.

During the service, I couldn't stop thinking about this older, scraggly-looking man sitting at one of the tables by himself. It was quite obvious he was very poor-- probably homeless-- and he was probably waiting for the sermon to end so he could get a free meal. Since the sermon was not resonating with either of us, I motioned for my son to follow me out of the sanctuary.

We sat down next to the homeless guy and introduced ourselves. His truthfulness was refreshing as he explained he was only there to get a meal he had not had for a while.

I could tell immediately that the church staff was highly bothered by our friendliness toward this man. After all, they were probably secretly praying under their breaths that this guy would just go away.

But the most amazing thing happened the following week. Instead of this man sitting by himself, an elder I have known for years was sitting next to him, carrying on a conversation as if they were best buds.

Don't let your church get in the way of your working for the Kingdom of God. March in next Sunday like you own the place and begin your ministry. Find someone who is even more kicked to the curb than you and offer to pray with them. Do what your pastor will never do and disciple them one-on-one, even if they are older than you!

If the higher-ups don't like it, tough! Make them kick you out. The pastors, elders, deacons, and assistant pastors probably don't care anyway if they allow bullying in the church. Get back at them by making them look bad. You do that by ministering to the people they refuse to minister to. This is your chance to be a rebel, just like Jesus!

S

Seeking-Christ

Yikes, what made you go back there?
That's a good question! When I write stuff, I got to decide on what to cover and what to leave out.

That Church fits the theology of my Parents as well as myself. Also there are some people there who already know us. Even though one could argue that they aren't as friendly as they were back in the old days. Those that bullied me, probably don't attend anymore. It was Two boys in the 5th grade Sunday School class, who used to tied my shoe laces to the table. They did it during the lesson. When I was in High School/Vocational School, taking electronics, I re met the one guy. He was having some sort of faith crisis. He still went to the youth group at that church, but in School he told everyone that He is an agnostic. Used all kinds of swear words, and was such a jerk that even the jerks didn't like him! I was told by another guy who attended that youth group that one day during a youth meeting he bit someone, and said He is now a vampire. The next guy, I was told, started selling drugs to kids. Several years after High School graduation the first boy started working for Officemax. As far as I know He was there until they closed the store. I lost track of both of them!

Boy Number 1's dad is high up in that Church, which is explains why He got by with acting the way He did.
Boy Number 2, I know he was from a divorced family, but other then that, I don't know anything more about him.

You people can pray for them too, if you feel inclined to do so.

L

Live4Him2

I know that this isn't a humorous topic, but I thought that this comedian's audition, which was mostly about dating (including ghosting), was pretty funny:

S

Seeking-Christ

I know that this isn't a humorous topic, but I thought that this comedian's audition, which was mostly about dating (including ghosting), was pretty funny:

He's right, ghosting is a stupid word for it.

Flowergirl19

Jun 1, 2021
If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.
—Matthew 18:15

Flowergirl19

Jun 1, 2021
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:12

FredVB

Feb 26, 2022
It is right for any to ask for prayer for where they feel need, and we who are believers should pray for others of us showing they are in need, where they are in proximity to help if that is possible that should be done.

Ghosting is in the general culture now with online communication. I experience it too, it really happens, many times. I have kept losing relationships I had hopes with online. My circumstance is rather different from others, with different standards I need, and there is great unlikelihood of finding one right for me right in my own area. Online communication has become more important, at this time.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Matthew 6:31 plus 33
:)