"Women Only Want Money"; "Men Only Want Sex." How Do You Cope With These Assumptions?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
What about the word or term courting? I don't use it myself, but I have heard this term used before. :unsure:
I'm not sure what courting consisted of in generations long since gone but it sounds an archaic term for the most part. What I do know is that when I was a Christian teen there was a huge courtship / purity movement that basically put many of us under a lot of pressure and no where to turn because the way it was explained to us courting was like preparing for marriage and it could easily put young people under a pressure of sort of making a decision about whether to get engaged / married before they were even allowed to go on a date.

So some of us have a bad taste in our mouths with that word and others just don't have a good concept of going on a date apart from being in an exclusive relationship as often those terms were used almost interchangeably. And of course current trends outside the church don't help us figure out a godly way to do romance either.

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
Well courting/dating in in a Christian way is beneficial on many levels.
By removing premarital sex from the dating equation, a couple can truly focus on the things that build a foundation for a solid relationship.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Women Only Want Money"; "Men Only Want Sex." How Do You Cope With These Assumptions?

Not all women want money...and not all men want sex only... Some women and some men yes....Not everyone is chasing for money and sex not everyone worships good looks ... But maybe most people want money and sex...and Some want money only some want sex only . ..

there are also some people who don't need/want money and sex, they might be telling the truth we are not living their lives so maybe true 🤔 ) It is just that some of us know what we can give what we will give what we want and want we want to have...

I happened to watch a video on youtube about women/men who want money,luxury, sex and good looks so they go for it...they intentionally look for people who can give those things to them...but I know that living that kind of life is not what God wants for us...and that is not how a believer should live...we should stay away from those things(lust for money and sex)

If you are a man of God or a woman of God you would not intentionally look for sex and money as your standard to find someone ...you will look deeper deeper than what sex can give and money can buy....😊

I believe there are still some men and women out there who don't really care about those things. Some of them just want to find someone to love and love them back...someone waiting for them at home someone who wonders/worries where they are when they don't come home yet...someone who won't give up on them no matter what life throws at them someone who will hold them annd tell them we will get through everything together just stay by my side 😊

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
The short quick comparison between 'dating' and 'courting' goes something like this...

Dating:

You find yourself [physically] attracted to someone you either just met or have been around at church, work, etc.

You do not know them very well.

But you want to get to know them.

So you can see if they might a good candidate for a spouse.

After determining that "the feeling is mutual", the two of you spend time getting to know each other - with 'romance' in mind...

You "test" the 'chemistry' to see if it seems right.

You may/might [actually] date more than one person at the same time.

At whatever point the two of you want to be 'exclusive', you begin to "go steady" (phrase from the past).

If and when the two of you decide that your relationship should be made 'permanent', you become 'engaged' to be married.

And then - at some later time - you get married.

Courting:

You discover that you have developed "feelings" for someone you are already well-aquainted with.

(Exceptions may occur in the case of some kind of mutually-agreed-upon arrangement.)

You believe they are a good candidate for a spouse.

After determining that "the feeling is mutual", the two of you decide to enter into a "go steady"/engagement type of relationship with each other (as an 'exclusive' arrangement from the beginning) - with 'marriage' in mind...

If/When the two of you decide that you are certain you want to spend the rest of your lives together - you get married.

~

Courting starts with a "go steady"/engagement level of commitment and dedication to the marriage.

Of course, the 'engagement' may be broken if the two ultimately decide that it is for the best - and, no marriage actually occurs.

T

TheIndianGirl

These assumptions are written bluntly/crudely but I believe they are essentially true even for Christians. However, I would take out the words "only" to read " Women want money. Men want sex." I believe women and men want these things, and more, such as friendship, etc.

I once read that men think about sex most of the time while they are awake. Whether or not this is true, I believe men want sex on a very regular basis even into elderly years. My impression is women become less interested in sex after about 40 (but my observations from movies/reading are that Western women may have a higher sex drive into older years).

Women don't necessarily want "money" but they want comfort and feeling of protected, which generally involves a man with a decent full-time job who is able to provide. Many experiences in life, as well as a "better" life (whatever that means to a person) require money.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
These words "dating and courting confused me lol 😁 which one is one or which is which 😁 whatever you call it...courting or dating don't sleep /have sex with them until marriage... They are not your husband/wife .

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
yea they are kind if interchangeable terms tho old fashioned people would call it courting.
courting is more for marriage and dating for long term relationships or fun

according to the dictionary, to court someone means you try to win the love of someone you want to marry.

a date is a social or romantic appointment.

much of a muchness really. People also call dating a game, and its a game in which they try to win.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont really like the whole fakeness of the dating game tho

Its like if you see someone you have to tell them right away Im just happy being friends I dont want to marry you or anybody sorry. But you supoosed to do it in a way that doesnt hurt anybodys feelings.

otherwise everyone just assumes you only going with them cos you want to marry them.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
With all this confusion over terms and definitions, I'm just glad most felines are loners. =^.^=

If anybody needs me I'll be following the ancient lynx custom of taking a nap in a tree.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
With all this confusion over terms and definitions, I'm just glad most felines are loners. =^.^=

If anybody needs me I'll be following the ancient lynx custom of taking a nap in a tree.

There is confusion and Lynx takes a nap?!?!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Always! I follow the advice I got from an old friend, Hobbes.

CALVIN: the world is a complicated place, Hobbes.
HOBBES: Whenever it seems that way, I take a nap in a tree and wait for dinner.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
These words "dating and courting confused me lol 😁
It may be said that 'courting' is marriage-minded from the beginning - "by definition" - while 'dating' is, by comparison, something more like "hey - let's see what happens"...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
It may be said that 'courting' is marriage-minded from the beginning - "by definition" - while 'dating' is, by comparison, something more like "hey - let's see what happens"...
Sometimes dating is more like "hey - let's see what happens" but sometimes it's more like "hey - I don't have anything to do this weekend and I'm bored to tears."

The latter is mostly by people who have no imagination and lack the reflexes or attention span to play video games or read a book.

climbthehill

May 13, 2020
U.S.A.
If I don't have much money And I don't want sex....if she still adores me, then she is my Kind of Girl! 😀

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
americans are strange people
I get the impression many worship the almighty dollar.

Other cultures I dont really get that, they worship other things, like royalty, or sport, or dragons, or the coconut tree....but for americans, the greenback dollar is like their god.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
americans are strange people
I get the impression many worship the almighty dollar.

Other cultures I dont really get that, they worship other things, like royalty, or sport, or dragons, or the coconut tree....but for americans, the greenback dollar is like their god.
🤣 just Americans? (Thx, I needed a blanket, it’s cold outside)
I know dozens of regulars here on CC that post a lot. But the strangest one of the all isn’t an American. 🤔

Take comfort... Most people are strange. You can see this, right?
I‘m strange. It’s totally okay. 👍

I’m confused tho? How is worshiping Royalty or Sports/Athletes ...ya know, ...not strange? Humans? Not that I’m justifying the love of green paper is any better...but I hate the be the bearer...MOST people worship money. It’s not limited to where you‘re located on Google Maps.

Look closer. 👀 On the topic of money—we must all pay attention 🤑....to the biggest deception ever of “I don’t worship money...everyone else does.“

BTW, Who worships Dragons? Like are we talking about, Bruce Lee “Dragon” or Puff The Magic here?
Its not like they even exist

... neither do unicorns, Bigfoot or Queen Elizabeth*

*When will they admit that she’s a hologram?

Worshipping Coconut Trees seems a bit coocoo and nuts?

It’s even in the name Coocoonut....never mind ....eh, close enough tho.

Aug 2, 2009
🤣 just Americans? (Thx, I needed a blanket, it’s cold outside)
I know dozens of regulars here on CC that post a lot. But the strangest one of the all isn’t an American. 🤔

Take comfort... Most people are strange. You can see this, right?
I‘m strange. It’s totally okay. 👍

I’m confused tho? How is worshiping Royalty or Sports/Athletes ...ya know, ...not strange? Humans? Not that I’m justifying the love of green paper is any better...but I hate the be the bearer...MOST people worship money. It’s not limited to where you‘re located on Google Maps.

Look closer. 👀 On the topic of money—we must all pay attention 🤑....to the biggest deception ever of “I don’t worship money...everyone else does.“

BTW, Who worships Dragons? Like are we talking about, Bruce Lee “Dragon” or Puff The Magic here?
Its not like they even exist

... neither do unicorns, Bigfoot or Queen Elizabeth*

*When will they admit that she’s a hologram?

Worshipping Coconut Trees seems a bit coocoo and nuts?

It’s even in the name Coocoonut....never mind ....eh, close enough tho.
It was a study done by an american company.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Today I am a woman who wants money only 😁 I need to pay my bills already lol 😂