Women Pastors

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
There is no need to go off on a tangent. You can either believe THE WHOLE WORD OF GOD or pick and choose what you like or not like. Mary never preached, or taught, or assumed authority over Joseph.
I believe fully in the word of God what I don;t believe in it interprention or our own understanding I want go to go deeper how many can claim they truly know the truth? the scriptures to me are his solid word what he says goes but look at the division look at the demonitations looke at how easily interpretation creates what we believe where we stand the enemy knows to take down an army to confuse divide and conquor tell me aside from me who has listened to you who has spoken of you with respect?

I speak of you as widsom and understanding I wouldn;t do this if U didn;t mean it it is pretty clear I speak to honestly but that is just who I am yes it isn;t always right but but I live in him not the interpreation who cares what we think is truth if you are unable to fully surrender it all what you thought you understood how can you seek the actual thing? we as humans have away of thinking we know the ytuth that we are right in our believes but since when has that has ever been the case all throuought scripture it is only when you t\truly accept you know nothing when you feel that beautifull surrender when you say to him what he say goes that you really know what the kingdom and the actual truth is.

If you think yourself to be in the truth prove me wrong the point isn't wjhatnwe understand it is his heart his kingdom that small drop of hos love that your body cannot handle how you have such a deep unatural affection forhim hpw ypur heart cires out fo him in such longing a tortureius longing to just hig him to just see that smile on his face you would never want anything else it makes your soul leap inside you what I say I have seen and tasted cab yiu say the same? or do you see his word as a stufy?

there is wisdom in studying but f you don't know what it feels like to be so affection so deep longing to just wrap your wrap your arms around him even to the point your own body craves him then you ate just reading the sctiptures

Beelieve me I go through far more spiritual warfare than any of you can imagine I have more than enough reason to not believe I have almost died more than seven time I live in despair the enemy seems to havr all the control I wigh 106 I had luckemia on my twelve birtfsy snd I have stomach cancer a;omg with everything I have had to go through on my own I don;t even have the money to get the eye drops my eyes need to get better my whole life I have i only kniwn abuse pain sufferubg the unfairness and cruekity of lifee yet look at what I say I point to him I speak of him not what I think the scriotures say

If someone like me who has sufferr
Why don't you understand?
Does the husband in the Bible simply mean the husband in the secular world?
Can a promiscuous husband be a priest?
Can a murdering husband be a priest?
There is only one husband in the Bible, and that is Jesus.The church is his bride.We believers all carry feminine identity metaphors.It is wrong for a believer to replace her husband's authority.It is wrong if a believer's theory is to replace the authority of Jesus.

Do you still insist on your own opinions?
yes that is our own opinion it isn;t about what we understand or our opinion the bond and the connection of the heart with him that is what it is about as if we we could ever hope to understand the depth of himself but for every drop he gices us we realize it is him his kingdom and it isn;t just about him he brings us into his fold ayone can teaxh or speak of this but it is so eesy to give what we think but the absolutes joy unatural joy how just a drop of his love is to much for your body to hamdle how your heart cries out to himbegging him to tske you even if it means death his arms is home a love we cannot even handle yet we are desperate for all of him

the heart peircing soul bleeding for him let youraelf and anyone who reads this seek this with him forget what you think the scriptures say he qill show you just seek him first mpt as a distant person but expect him

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Matthew 18:3
“And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”

Matthew 19:14
“But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

Luke 18:16
“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.”

Mar 7, 2024
First of all, I respect your understanding.If a child represents humility,So what made you refuse humility?
It is your supervisor who judges that a child can't learn the knowledge of God.Or do you already know that those children can be saved by the church, as if God had told you a clear list of children?Then why don't you looking for these children?Because you are connected with God.Then please tell me, is my child saved?
Jesus was referring to the humility of a child in comparison to that of an adult. It's obvious to everyone that children are usually more humble than us proud adults who think we're better than everyone else.

The lesson Jesus gave His disciples had nothing to do with age, it was a simple lesson about humility. A proud person cannot enter heaven, so Jesus was just reminding His disciples of that fact because He noticed they were getting pumped up with pride when they pushed the children away.

Only God knows who is saved and who is condemned to hell. No person can see another's true state, sure everyone claims to be a believer and headed for heaven. But from our human perspective we take their word for it, but only God knows if they are genuinely saved or if they're faking their conversion.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I thought we put this to bed already. I mentioned in my last reply, that God can't apply for membership in the Church because He is the Church.
And the situation in Luke with the children had nothing to do with Church membership. It was all about the importance of humility, because the proud Christian will be eating the crumbs at the feast table in heaven.
i'm talking about Jesus in the temple at age 12, Luke 2:42.

age 12 is very specific - compare when Jesus began His ministry, in Luke 3:23.. He was "about 30

now why does God tell us very specifically how old the boy Christ is amazing adults with His understanding, but God is explicitly non-specific about how old Christ the adult man is when He begins to preach?

this age thing is very important to God. He puts it in His Word. and 12 is more important to Him than 'about 30' evidently.

why?

Mar 7, 2024
“And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”

“But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.”
So, can we conclude that there won't be any adults in the kingdom of God. Jesus did say "for such is the kingdom of God". I notice He didn't include us adults in His promised kingdom

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Jesus was referring to the humility of a child in comparison to that of an adult. .
I believe the humility Jesus speaks about is belief in Jesus where the adult tries to reason.
6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I thought we put this to bed already. I mentioned in my last reply, that God can't apply for membership in the Church because He is the Church.
And the situation in Luke with the children had nothing to do with Church membership. It was all about the importance of humility, because the proud Christian will be eating the crumbs at the feast table in heaven.
The point of the story with the children is not so much to teach about humility, but the nature of kingdom living. Children are implicitly trusting in parents who have cared for them and taught them. They believe their parents do what is in their best interest and place complete confidence in them.
Likewise, those who live in the kingdom of God are to place complete and total trust in their heavenly Father. This is what it means that the just shall walk by faith. True kingdom living implicitly trusts their care to God recognizing that He cannot lie or fail and will always be faithful to His children.

Mar 7, 2024
i'm talking about Jesus in the temple at age 12, Luke 2.

age 12 is very specific - compare when Jesus began His ministry, in Luke 3:23.. He was "about 30“

now why does God tell us very specifically how old the boy Christ is amazing adults with His understanding, but God is explicitly non-specific about how old Christ the adult man is when He begins to preach?

this age thing is very important to God. and 12 is more important to Him than 'about 30' evidently.

why?
Yes I understood what you were saying, but I also dismissed your argument as irrelevant because Jesus was not technically 12 his real age is eternal and timeless.

Don't you think that gives Him a slight advantage over earthbound creatures, who don't have a clue why they're here and where they're going to.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The lesson Jesus gave His disciples had nothing to do with age, it was a simple lesson about humility. A proud person cannot enter heaven, so Jesus was just reminding His disciples of that fact because He noticed they were getting pumped up with pride when they pushed the children away.
uh huh

"this is adult stuff, the gospel, and being saved.
you kids can't possibly understand. maybe when you're older you can get saved but not now, let the adults talk"​

:rolleyes:

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

How does this speak to an age of accountability?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Yes I understood what you were saying, but I also dismissed your argument as irrelevant because Jesus was not technically 12 his real age is eternal and timeless.

Don't you think that gives Him a slight advantage over earthbound creatures, who don't have a clue why they're here and where they're going to.
the scripture explicitly says 12.

why does it say that if it isn't true?
why does God tell us this if it's irrelevant?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
So, can we conclude that there won't be any adults in the kingdom of God. Jesus did say "for such is the kingdom of God". I notice He didn't include us adults in His promised kingdom
Of course He did, Read the verse again...

John 3:7
“Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
if you refuse Christ as our example, the go to Job 32.

Elihu is a youth, and he is the only person in the entire book God does not rebuke for speaking foolishly.

how can this be?
why is this?
Who is Elihu prefiguring?

Luke 2:42, friend. a little child shall lead them.
Isaiah 11:6 ≅ Job 32:8

Mar 7, 2024
I believe the humility Jesus speaks about is belief in Jesus where the adult tries to reason.
6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin
That verse is not applicable because it's not describing children. The context of that verse describes the "little ones, who believe in Me", as new converts to Christianity.

That was given as a warning to those who seek to lead new Christians into false, unbiblical doctrines. The warning was directed at the false preaches who were a problem for the early Church and continue to lead new Converts astray to this day.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
That verse is not applicable because it's not describing children. The context of that verse describes the "little ones, who believe in Me", as new converts to Christianity.

That was given as a warning to those who seek to lead new Christians into false, unbiblical doctrines. The warning was directed at the false preaches who were a problem for the early Church and continue to lead new Converts astray to this day.
2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them
3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me,
6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

It's all about converts.
But Jesus is using a child's blind faith for His example.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
How does this speak to an age of accountability?
Are we going to make fuss about the fact that the exact phraseology "AGE OF ACCOUNTABILITY" is not part of KJV English? Let's avoid going down that silly street.

Mar 7, 2024
Of course He did, Read the verse again...

John 3:7
“Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Just checking, you'd be surprised how many people read he Bible like it was all literal language. Jesus had to spell out what He meant by born again, because He was asked if it meant going back into the mothers womb

Status
Not open for further replies.