Women preachers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter YoungJesusFreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Well Mystdancer, the truth of the matter is that you will have to answer for your actions at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Just like I will and every other Christian also.



Romans 14:10-12

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]10 [/SUP]But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. [SUP]11 [/SUP]For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. [SUP]12 [/SUP]So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.



When the Bible says something about a certain issue and you choose to reject its authority, well then you are in open rebellion against the word of God at that point.

The problem is we have about 6 feminists on CC with 3 of them hardcore. They wish to mix feminist's ideology with Christianity, which is not accepted any more than mixing voodoo or witchcraft with Christianity. The twist & spin they take in order to get a point across is incredible. God has clearly & plainly made it clear that He doesn't want women in the pulpit, and you have given excellent bible verses to back it up. God & Jesus are One and the doctrine still hold true in 2014. Please keep up the good work my brother.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If Paul even wrote it. There is some discussion about some of the letters attributed to Paul being written by his pupils, as certain letters contradict one another, are in another time period from each other, and have different grammatical styles. But, I'm no scholar.
1 Corinthians 16:21 (KJV) [SUP]21 [/SUP]The salutation of me Paul with mine own hand.
Galatians 6:11 (KJV) [SUP]11 [/SUP]Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.
2 Thessalonians 3:17 (KJV) [SUP]17 [/SUP]The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.
Philemon 1:19 (KJV) [SUP]19 [/SUP]I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides.


Only Romans has a different writer, Tertius, & that's because Paul is going blind:
Romans 16:22 (KJV) [SUP]22 [/SUP]I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.
 
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mystdancer50


What is ironic is that women will be bashed over the head and beaten with this one verse in 1 Timothy, which is Paul's opinion

So, was Paul inspired of God or not? If you say no, and it is just his opinion then you need to rip 13 to 14 books out of your New Testament and use it to start a fire or have back up material for the toilet.
 
The problem is we have about 6 feminists on CC with 3 of them hardcore. They wish to mix feminist's ideology with Christianity, which is not accepted any more than mixing voodoo or witchcraft with Christianity. The twist & spin they take in order to get a point across is incredible. God has clearly & plainly made it clear that He doesn't want women in the pulpit, and you have given excellent bible verses to back it up. God & Jesus are One and the doctrine still hold true in 2014. Please keep up the good work my brother.

Do you think it possible you could post ONE verse in any of your posts?

It really makes me wonder if you have read the Bible at all. You parrot the words of men, not the Bible!

I won't even count how many misogynists we have in this forum. There are a few complementarians, and I have no problems with those people. They don't agree with me. But some have taken this name calling to a whole new level.

I pray God calls some of you men to ministry, and you have to get training, and God reveals that you are in the wrong in your mistranslations of the truth of God.

Repent, or you will likewise die in your sins!
 
1 Corinthians 16:21 (KJV) [SUP]21 [/SUP]The salutation of me Paul with mine own hand.
Galatians 6:11 (KJV) [SUP]11 [/SUP]Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.
2 Thessalonians 3:17 (KJV) [SUP]17 [/SUP]The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.
Philemon 1:19 (KJV) [SUP]19 [/SUP]I Paul have written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I do not say to thee how thou owest unto me even thine own self besides.


Only Romans has a different writer, Tertius, & that's because Paul is going blind:
Romans 16:22 (KJV) [SUP]22 [/SUP]I Tertius, who wrote this epistle, salute you in the Lord.

Sure, I believe the scholars who have the opinion I was referring to, do hold that most of those letters were written by Paul. But there's evidence, for those who care to look at it, that some of the Pauline letters were not written by him, or were his ideas.

Source:
Amazon.com: The First Paul: Reclaiming the Radical Visionary Behind the Church's Conservative Icon eBook: Marcus J. Borg, John Dominic Crossan: Books
 
First of all,men and women are TOTALLY equal in terms of value and worth before God. Jesus actually raises women above the standard of his day, by speaking with them, allowing them in his group of disciples, (Luke 8:1-3). They were also to first witness the empty tomb.
However, men and women have different ROLES in God's economy. For example, regarding church authority, elders, deacons, pastors, i.e.leadership positions are always given to men. Read 2 Tim 2:11 "A womanshould learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

 
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mystdancer50


What is ironic is that women will be bashed over the head and beaten with this one verse in 1 Timothy, which is Paul's opinion

So, was Paul inspired of God or not? If you say no, and it is just his opinion then you need to rip 13 to 14 books out of your New Testament and use it to start a fire or have back up material for the toilet.

Hallelujah !! Preach the Word
 
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mystdancer50


What is ironic is that women will be bashed over the head and beaten with this one verse in 1 Timothy, which is Paul's opinion

So, was Paul inspired of God or not? If you say no, and it is just his opinion then you need to rip 13 to 14 books out of your New Testament and use it to start a fire or have back up material for the toilet.

I think that's a little bit of a rash statement. Even if she were to believe that Paul wasn't directly inspired, that doesn't mean he hasn't anything good to say? Would you then say that Augustine wasn't inspired, or wasn't a good Christian, that his writings are no better than toilet paper because it's not orthodoxically considered Scripture? Because by your logic, we shouldn't trust any church father after Paul.

And we all know that many books were written that were not included in the canon, written by Christians - but the people at the council didn't like the picture of Jesus they portrayed, and thus they weren't included, and they even tried to destroy them. But that's another can I just opened, in which I hope the worms don't get too far. ^_^
 
I think that's a little bit of a rash statement. Even if she were to believe that Paul wasn't directly inspired, that doesn't mean he hasn't anything good to say? Would you then say that Augustine wasn't inspired, or wasn't a good Christian, that his writings are no better than toilet paper because it's not orthodoxically considered Scripture? Because by your logic, we shouldn't trust any church father after Paul.

And we all know that many books were written that were not included in the canon, written by Christians - but the people at the council didn't like the picture of Jesus they portrayed, and thus they weren't included, and they even tried to destroy them. But that's another can I just opened, in which I hope the worms don't get too far. ^_^

My bible teaches me that every word of God was inspired of God and to say that Paul used his opinion in the set of verses in question is contrary to the truth and the point is...if you cant take him as inspired in this set of verses then every thing he wrote or dictated and had written becomes suspect and is not worth the paper it was written on!
 
My bible teaches me that every word of God was inspired of God and to say that Paul used his opinion in the set of verses in question is contrary to the truth and the point is...if you cant take him as inspired in this set of verses then every thing he wrote or dictated and had written becomes suspect and is not worth the paper it was written on!

I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, I just would like to know: Would I be correct to say you believe that the Bible is the only book that is true, or trustworthy in terms of how to live? Is that all you ever read therefore?
 
Do you think it possible you could post ONE verse in any of your posts?

It really makes me wonder if you have read the Bible at all. You parrot the words of men, not the Bible!

I won't even count how many misogynists we have in this forum. There are a few complementarians, and I have no problems with those people. They don't agree with me. But some have taken this name calling to a whole new level.

I pray God calls some of you men to ministry, and you have to get training, and God reveals that you are in the wrong in your mistranslations of the truth of God.

Repent, or you will likewise die in your sins!

You are in a defensive mode not me. There are hundreds if not thousands of Christian women who read CC, and the best you can do for support is 3 feminists and a couple of males who are pretty atheists. Why? because I know and they know you are wrong when it comes to women preachers in the pulpit. I would love one day to see women preachers in pulpit as a EOE opportunity but as of 2014, God is against it and I will obey Him.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are in a defensive mode not me. There are hundreds if not thousands of Christian women who read CC, and the best you can do for support is 3 feminists and a couple of male who are pretty atheists. Why? because I know and they know you are wrong when it comes to women preachers in the pulpit. I would love one day to see women preachers in pulpit as a EOE opportunity but as of 2014, God is against it and I will obey Him.

You got any stats to back that up? There's probably a good number of them who actually agree with Angela, but they don't post because they know it is quite a futile task.
 
I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, I just would like to know: Would I be correct to say you believe that the Bible is the only book that is true, or trustworthy in terms of how to live? Is that all you ever read therefore?

The bible is the final word on any subject....and it stands as a whole or it falls as a whole...

Commentaries mean nothing to me as commentaries are not inspired by God, as the word of God was finalized in circa 95 A.D. with the completion of Revelation by John on the Isle of Patmos.

So what are you really asking me as I sense another question?
 
First of all,men and women are TOTALLY equal in terms of value and worth before God. Jesus actually raises women above the standard of his day, by speaking with them, allowing them in his group of disciples, (Luke 8:1-3). They were also to first witness the empty tomb.
However, men and women have different ROLES in God's economy. For example, regarding church authority, elders, deacons, pastors, i.e.leadership positions are always given to men. Read 2 Tim 2:11 "A womanshould learn in quietness and full submission.12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve.14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.


Please post the verses which have the word "role" in it. That is a complementarian invention, a Biblical Womanhood and Biblical Manhood, lie! John Piper says he will read a scholarly book written by a woman, but not if she says the same material from the pulpit. He is one of the leaders and founders of this movement.

How hypocritical can you get?

Still waiting for some exegesis in the Greek on this topic. So far, I am the only one. Lots of ignorance and quoting bad translations in this forum, isn't there?

Or put another way, too many people not quoting a single word of the Bible.

Besides, I do believe God inspired Paul to write what he did in every single book, with some leeway for the amanuensis. My objection is the complete lack of using the original languages to settle this discussion.

I showed you that in no way does authentein mean authority, as per 1 Tim. 2:12. It means domineer. Or as someone else put it - illegal authority.

It is ironical to think that in Paul's day the women were so woefully uneducated and ignorant, that Paul had leave instructions to that specific church for the women to LEARN!

I wish Paul would come back and leave some instructions for ignorant translators and the men who believe them to learn the languages the Bible was written in, and then we could have a decent discussion!
 
The problem is we have about 6 feminists on CC with 3 of them hardcore. They wish to mix feminist's ideology with Christianity, which is not accepted any more than mixing voodoo or witchcraft with Christianity. The twist & spin they take in order to get a point across is incredible. God has clearly & plainly made it clear that He doesn't want women in the pulpit, and you have given excellent bible verses to back it up. God & Jesus are One and the doctrine still hold true in 2014. Please keep up the good work my brother.

Just thought I would make it stand out a little bigger to show everybody your fruit...... no comment.
 
You got any stats to back that up? There's probably a good number of them who actually agree with Angela, but they don't post because they know it is quite a futile task.

"Action speaks louder than word"...... nice try though
 
Hallelujah !! Preach the Word

Preach the Word, means you must actually put things that are in the Bible in the quote. Dcontroversial did no such thing. I do agree with what he says, that the Bible is totally inspired, and Paul did write everything, but Biscuit, he did NOT preach the Word, but rather some historical facts about the canon. That is how confused you are about what is in the Bible, and what is not! That is why I doubt very much you have studied and read the Bible. Certainly not 50 times like I have, including French, Spanish and German, along with Hebrew and Greek.

Sheesh!
 
Last edited:
The bible is the final word on any subject....and it stands as a whole or it falls as a whole...

Commentaries mean nothing to me as commentaries are not inspired by God, as the word of God was finalized in circa 95 A.D. with the completion of Revelation by John on the Isle of Patmos.

So what are you really asking me as I sense another question?

Well, my question was just that, what I asked.

But I guess you evoked another one: You say it stands/falls as a whole. What if some kind of archeological evidence emerged that contradicted something in Scripture (which some believe have already happened). What would you do? Would you automatically assume that it is a trick of the devil, or the lies of man, or would you consider that the writers of the Bible misunderstood something?