word of faith movement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
That is exactly right. The entire premise is built on the idea that God cannot take back what He said or did for us.

God is not a man the He should lie. If He took back the things He promised would that make Him a liar??

G

GreenNnice

I thinik, no, check that, I KNOW the power of God is great in my life, and, IF you believe, in yours :)

That said, believing in getting a Lexus 430SC is OK, I do not seriously think that TBN pastors or anyone else are preaching, 'OH, turn your life to God, you are a christian so now you need to practice what you are, quit sitting, start praying right NOW for that Lexus you want, or, mercedes, and, you will have it by Monday ,or in a month!!!! ''

No, sorry, I'm sorry, but this is NOT being done in the church today to THIS extreme, but, yes, telling people to pray for what they want ('ask anything in His name and it shall be given to you' is a red-letter Jesus verse in Scripture, is it not, no? ) and that the Lord will provide their needs is FINE.

Some you on here TAKE this concept to the EXTREME, I think.

The power of positive thinking and believing in the Holy Spirit is something some think is just 'creaminess,' won't mention any names on c.c. but someone used that EXACT word. It is nearly blasphemy, I think (notice i gave MY OPINION, not JUDGING person), to put the Holy Spirit in a 'creaminess' category, LOL> All things considered, and, you SHOULD consider all things, the 'creaminess' that you say you don't get from the Holy Spirit is God working in your life. I will speak for myself only, just because I know some just don't embrace His power in HS form of His deity. Fine. But, don't go bad-mouthing, and, poo-pooing the power of God in those that DO believe in His power to RECEIVE when praying for things, I highly advise you, for your sake, as the Lord will put an end to wickedness in a certain day but IF you show lack of faith and respect for others' ways of worshiping and 'receiving' God (can I* say that?? ), then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !

And, God's power is true, I could sit here and list dozens of things God's Spirit has overwhelmed me and blessed my life, helped me through times that were as destitute as could be. God got me through, and, He did NOT give me a mercedes, but I prayed an exact opposite prayer actually when I was down and out and debted back in 2008....

///....I said something to the effect of, "OK, God, I'm yours, and, I did not realize I would be 40 and so broke I can't even afford to pee in a toilet + I have a gargantuan debt.
But, I know you are Lord and I will receive your blessings and your trials. It wasn't more than a MONTH after that and God showed up and blessed me as greatly as a Lexus 430SC for the price of putting tabs on the car. I kid you NOT !! The power of God is so great, Christ peeps !!! Believe !!!

This is a backwards example but it hopefully shows the power of God, which is ALL I tried to do with this post. Word up !!! Faith works./ And, submission to God works too, surrendering ALL to God, do it, just you see what you receive :)

G

GreenNnice

Which Lexus 430SC, green?

Think 'new.'

B

Bea22

then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !
Lol about the 'whoa is you' part

Green, maybe for the first time in history, I have to agree with you here. I don't understand why christians would want to discount the promises of God simply because there are those who take it to an extreme and say you can ask for a Mercedes and it will be given.

There are promises, SOMEONE is going to ask what they will and it will be given - because His Word will be abiding in them. Scripture must be fulfilled. But where's the balance?

Back to my first post, there has to be false impersonators when there is a genuine. So how to tell the difference? Hmm.
What can't Satan impersonate? He can impersonate a lot of things... but what are the main things that He has no power over?

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Basically WOF just take the objectives of their pentecostal/arminian/synergist predecessors to an extreme. Though Hagin had some other even more odd sources of inspiration.

G

GreenNnice

Yes, I do believe in the power of great things given us today through His power imbued in us, just like Jesus' healing on earth the sick, and, raising dead, and, giving double talents to the one person investing/using 5 talents God gave them. Invest in what God's given you, little or big, to tithe, to places of world concern to places of web blessings to others (and you) like c.c. :)
Just do it, mix in a little faith and obedience and don't expect anything in return, do these things because you can, because itsWord, because He leads ;)
)()()()()()())()()
Beaaussielass, say it isn''t so, no-oh-oh-oh, oh, say it isn''t, say, say it isn''t so, we don't agree . Snap out of it ! :D

Seriously, milady, amen, you're speaking Truth IF God can do anything He certainly can give anything. I have no doubt, Christ peeps, whatever your burden, whether debt, love, whatevuh!, LAY it at His feet in willingful sacrifice and you will be singinging....

”look what The Lord has done.”

I praise God daily for blessings, past ones, present, to come, God reigns :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Abiding

I thinik, no, check that, I KNOW the power of God is great in my life, and, IF you believe, in yours :)

That said, believing in getting a Lexus 430SC is OK, I do not seriously think that TBN pastors or anyone else are preaching, 'OH, turn your life to God, you are a christian so now you need to practice what you are, quit sitting, start praying right NOW for that Lexus you want, or, mercedes, and, you will have it by Monday ,or in a month!!!! ''

No, sorry, I'm sorry, but this is NOT being done in the church today to THIS extreme, but, yes, telling people to pray for what they want ('ask anything in His name and it shall be given to you' is a red-letter Jesus verse in Scripture, is it not, no? ) and that the Lord will provide their needs is FINE.

The power of positive thinking and believing in the Holy Spirit is something some think is just 'creaminess,' won't mention any names on c.c. but someone used that EXACT word. It is nearly blasphemy, I think (notice i gave MY OPINION, not JUDGING person), to put the Holy Spirit in a 'creaminess' category, LOL> All things considered, and, you SHOULD consider all things, the 'creaminess' that you say you don't get from the Holy Spirit is God working in your life. I will speak for myself only, just because I know some just don't embrace His power in HS form of His deity. Fine. But, don't go bad-mouthing, and, poo-pooing the power of God in those that DO believe in His power to RECEIVE when praying for things, I highly advise you, for your sake, as the Lord will put an end to wickedness in a certain day but IF you show lack of faith and respect for others' ways of worshiping and 'receiving' God (can I* say that?? ), then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !

And, God's power is true, I could sit here and list dozens of things God's Spirit has overwhelmed me and blessed my life, helped me through times that were as destitute as could be. God got me through, and, He did NOT give me a mercedes, but I prayed an exact opposite prayer actually when I was down and out and debted back in 2008....

///....I said something to the effect of, "OK, God, I'm yours, and, I did not realize I would be 40 and so broke I can't even afford to pee in a toilet + I have a gargantuan debt.
But, I know you are Lord and I will receive your blessings and your trials. It wasn't more than a MONTH after that and God showed up and blessed me as greatly as a Lexus 430SC for the price of putting tabs on the car. I kid you NOT !! The power of God is so great, Christ peeps !!! Believe !!!

This is a backwards example but it hopefully shows the power of God, which is ALL I tried to do with this post. Word up !!! Faith works./ And, submission to God works too, surrendering ALL to God, do it, just you see what you receive :)

Dont really think your scarying anybody.

Can you tell us what it means.....IN HIS NAME?

C

Crossfire

Basically WOF just take the objectives of their pentecostal/arminian/synergist predecessors to an extreme. Though Hagin had some other even more odd sources of inspiration.
You're lucky the vast majority of people in CC have absolutely no idea what you're talking about or else your language would cause a riot seeing you just insulted 9/10's of those who frequent these boards . However, they're willing to jump on the bandwagon because you attached the word "pentecostal" to your statement. What they don't realize is that when there's no more pentecostals to bash... you're coming for them. :D

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
What makes no sence here or in the many other postings that speak to this movement, or this ism or method of faith.
Is why do so many keep running this way and that for truth?
When everything one needs, is given in Jesus Christ is Lord.
Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the life.
Jesus also warned about those that would say... :look here he is, or look over there, that is where you will find him, calling them to run this way or that.
When all one needs is to look to Jesus, for His Spirit lives within you.
So one dosent need to run all over or look at this or that.
One simply needs to be still, and know .
Jesus said, I am with you always, even untill the end.

God bless
pickles

R

Risen

I find it a waste of time discussing other beliefs. I prefer to share God's word and allow God to be our vindicator.

Mathew 7:1-3 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

A

Ariel82

i find it sad when a child is told to pray for something like having his father not die and when he dies is told its his lack of faith and he just didn't want it enough. that is why i have issues with the say it and claim it crowd. it often doesn't talk of God's will at all or how there is an eternal life with Christ after death...there are many wolves in that fold.

you find it a waste of time but i find it useful to learn how to bibically respond to such beliefs that have hurt so many people and have chased them away from Jesus because of the false gospel taught.

C

carey

i find it sad when a child is told to pray for something like having his father not die and when he dies is told its his lack of faith and he just didn't want it enough. that is why i have issues with the say it and claim it crowd. it often doesn't talk of God's will at all or how there is an eternal life with Christ after death...there are many wolves in that fold.

you find it a waste of time but i find it useful to learn how to bibically respond to such beliefs that have hurt so many people and have chased them away from Jesus because of the false gospel taught.

This is exactly why i started this thread, first i wanted to see how many people believed in this stuff with the hope of showing them how wrong and dangerous it is, i used to believe in the name it and claim it, i used to claim my husband's return to the Lord, for years nothing happened, then i just started praying for Gods will to be done, almost immediately i started to see Him work in his life! It was incredible! So i started to look up scripture that would back up the name it and claim it, couldn't find anything, then i started looking up the ministers of that movement, i was shocked by what i found.and grieved by the number of my favorite ministers involved in this, joseph prince, t.d. jakes, and even joyce meyer
:(

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
This is exactly why i started this thread, first i wanted to see how many people believed in this stuff with the hope of showing them how wrong and dangerous it is, i used to believe in the name it and claim it, i used to claim my husband's return to the Lord, for years nothing happened, then i just started praying for Gods will to be done, almost immediately i started to see Him work in his life! It was incredible! So i started to look up scripture that would back up the name it and claim it, couldn't find anything, then i started looking up the ministers of that movement, i was shocked by what i found.and grieved by the number of my favorite ministers involved in this, joseph prince, t.d. jakes, and even joyce meyer
:(
Thanx for the testimony.

B

Bubba30

Promoters of the Word of faith movement remind me of a snake oil salesman.

G

GreenNnice

]

Which Lexus 430SC, green?

Think 'new.'
Dont really think your scarying anybody.

Can you tell us what it means.....IN HIS NAME?
What in that should scare anybody, it's my personal testimony ? It is a testament to the power of God at work in my life. That is the main point of what all I said, so, I won't know what else I could be scaring others by unless you extrapolate. Thanks in advance.

Can you tell us what it means....IN His NAME? We are to pray for things IN HIS NAME, Scripture states.
And you better re-read what I wrote IF you think I prayed for a Lexus 430SC, because, I prayed for only one thing, the same words Jesus said on the cross...

Jesus said SEVEN things while still alive and nailed to the cross, can you pick out which 'one' I said?

Since you questioned me, I'm quizzing you, the Lord leads, I'm taking things a step further.

Read the first long post for the answer, I'm sure, Dear Lord, Thy (your) will be done, Amen, you, abide, will find it. There, there, I'm so nice, I even said a prayer for you ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 14, 2009
Man; I want to be saved. I want a nice car.

Jesus: I have never sinned. I wish to heal others. Crucify me.

M

MidniteWelder

Paul learned to be content rather he had food or not and praise God for whatever life throw at him

Jesus did not pray that stone turn to bread but that the will of God for man can not live on bread alone.
No but when Jesus was hungry he certainly taught that fig tree a lesson :p

B

BirdiesLoveJesus

really??? In canada Word of Faith here in my hometown in Canada is a very anointed Church! :( sad to hear something stole their name and is polluting it.

U

Ugly

You're dead wrong. This is EXACTLY what they teach. These things you're reading are able to be found quoted by most major Televangilists, including TBNs Paul Crouch. Not only does he teach it himself, he mostly airs people with these teachings, and if you ever watch his telethons where he spends a week begging for more money, the 'professional fundraiser' he hires very plainly teaches a '100 fold return' on all giving. Give a dollar, God will send you 100 more in return. The more you send, the more you get back. Blatant.
Rather than accusing people of making being extreme and exaggerating, which you're only saying with absolutely no foundation or backup, just pure speculation and opinion, why don't you instead try researching to see if its true.