C
Crossfire
Guest
to claim arguments agaisnt the WOF movement as anticharismatic dogma i just bolony.
You misinterpreted what I said.
to claim arguments agaisnt the WOF movement as anticharismatic dogma i just bolony.
That is exactly right. The entire premise is built on the idea that God cannot take back what He said or did for us.
God is not a man the He should lie. If He took back the things He promised would that make Him a liar??
then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !
I thinik, no, check that, I KNOW the power of God is great in my life, and, IF you believe, in yours![]()
That said, believing in getting a Lexus 430SC is OK, I do not seriously think that TBN pastors or anyone else are preaching, 'OH, turn your life to God, you are a christian so now you need to practice what you are, quit sitting, start praying right NOW for that Lexus you want, or, mercedes, and, you will have it by Monday ,or in a month!!!! ''
No, sorry, I'm sorry, but this is NOT being done in the church today to THIS extreme, but, yes, telling people to pray for what they want ('ask anything in His name and it shall be given to you' is a red-letter Jesus verse in Scripture, is it not, no? ) and that the Lord will provide their needs is FINE.
Some you on here TAKE this concept to the EXTREME, I think.
The power of positive thinking and believing in the Holy Spirit is something some think is just 'creaminess,' won't mention any names on c.c. but someone used that EXACT word. It is nearly blasphemy, I think (notice i gave MY OPINION, not JUDGING person), to put the Holy Spirit in a 'creaminess' category, LOL> All things considered, and, you SHOULD consider all things, the 'creaminess' that you say you don't get from the Holy Spirit is God working in your life. I will speak for myself only, just because I know some just don't embrace His power in HS form of His deity. Fine. But, don't go bad-mouthing, and, poo-pooing the power of God in those that DO believe in His power to RECEIVE when praying for things, I highly advise you, for your sake, as the Lord will put an end to wickedness in a certain day but IF you show lack of faith and respect for others' ways of worshiping and 'receiving' God (can I* say that?? ), then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !
And, God's power is true, I could sit here and list dozens of things God's Spirit has overwhelmed me and blessed my life, helped me through times that were as destitute as could be. God got me through, and, He did NOT give me a mercedes, but I prayed an exact opposite prayer actually when I was down and out and debted back in 2008....
///....I said something to the effect of, "OK, God, I'm yours, and, I did not realize I would be 40 and so broke I can't even afford to pee in a toilet + I have a gargantuan debt.
But, I know you are Lord and I will receive your blessings and your trials. It wasn't more than a MONTH after that and God showed up and blessed me as greatly as a Lexus 430SC for the price of putting tabs on the car. I kid you NOT !! The power of God is so great, Christ peeps !!! Believe !!!
This is a backwards example but it hopefully shows the power of God, which is ALL I tried to do with this post. Word up !!! Faith works./ And, submission to God works too, surrendering ALL to God, do it, just you see what you receive![]()
Basically WOF just take the objectives of their pentecostal/arminian/synergist predecessors to an extreme. Though Hagin had some other even more odd sources of inspiration.
i find it sad when a child is told to pray for something like having his father not die and when he dies is told its his lack of faith and he just didn't want it enough. that is why i have issues with the say it and claim it crowd. it often doesn't talk of God's will at all or how there is an eternal life with Christ after death...there are many wolves in that fold.
you find it a waste of time but i find it useful to learn how to bibically respond to such beliefs that have hurt so many people and have chased them away from Jesus because of the false gospel taught.
This is exactly why i started this thread, first i wanted to see how many people believed in this stuff with the hope of showing them how wrong and dangerous it is, i used to believe in the name it and claim it, i used to claim my husband's return to the Lord, for years nothing happened, then i just started praying for Gods will to be done, almost immediately i started to see Him work in his life! It was incredible! So i started to look up scripture that would back up the name it and claim it, couldn't find anything, then i started looking up the ministers of that movement, i was shocked by what i found.and grieved by the number of my favorite ministers involved in this, joseph prince, t.d. jakes, and even joyce meyer
![]()
I thinik, no, check that, I KNOW the power of God is great in my life, and, IF you believe, in yours![]()
That said, believing in getting a Lexus 430SC is OK, I do not seriously think that TBN pastors or anyone else are preaching, 'OH, turn your life to God, you are a christian so now you need to practice what you are, quit sitting, start praying right NOW for that Lexus you want, or, mercedes, and, you will have it by Monday ,or in a month!!!! ''
No, sorry, I'm sorry, but this is NOT being done in the church today to THIS extreme, but, yes, telling people to pray for what they want ('ask anything in His name and it shall be given to you' is a red-letter Jesus verse in Scripture, is it not, no? ) and that the Lord will provide their needs is FINE.
Some you on here TAKE this concept to the EXTREME, I think.
The power of positive thinking and believing in the Holy Spirit is something some think is just 'creaminess,' won't mention any names on c.c. but someone used that EXACT word. It is nearly blasphemy, I think (notice i gave MY OPINION, not JUDGING person), to put the Holy Spirit in a 'creaminess' category, LOL> All things considered, and, you SHOULD consider all things, the 'creaminess' that you say you don't get from the Holy Spirit is God working in your life. I will speak for myself only, just because I know some just don't embrace His power in HS form of His deity. Fine. But, don't go bad-mouthing, and, poo-pooing the power of God in those that DO believe in His power to RECEIVE when praying for things, I highly advise you, for your sake, as the Lord will put an end to wickedness in a certain day but IF you show lack of faith and respect for others' ways of worshiping and 'receiving' God (can I* say that?? ), then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !
And, God's power is true, I could sit here and list dozens of things God's Spirit has overwhelmed me and blessed my life, helped me through times that were as destitute as could be. God got me through, and, He did NOT give me a mercedes, but I prayed an exact opposite prayer actually when I was down and out and debted back in 2008....
///....I said something to the effect of, "OK, God, I'm yours, and, I did not realize I would be 40 and so broke I can't even afford to pee in a toilet + I have a gargantuan debt.
But, I know you are Lord and I will receive your blessings and your trials. It wasn't more than a MONTH after that and God showed up and blessed me as greatly as a Lexus 430SC for the price of putting tabs on the car. I kid you NOT !! The power of God is so great, Christ peeps !!! Believe !!! ]
This is a backwards example but it hopefully shows the power of God, which is ALL I tried to do with this post. Word up !!! Faith works./ And, submission to God works too, surrendering ALL to God, do it, just you see what you receive![]()
Which Lexus 430SC, green?
Think 'new.'
What in that should scare anybody, it's my personal testimony ? It is a testament to the power of God at work in my life. That is the main point of what all I said, so, I won't know what else I could be scaring others by unless you extrapolate. Thanks in advance.Dont really think your scarying anybody.
Can you tell us what it means.....IN HIS NAME?
Paul learned to be content rather he had food or not and praise God for whatever life throw at him
Jesus did not pray that stone turn to bread but that the will of God for man can not live on bread alone.
I thinik, no, check that, I KNOW the power of God is great in my life, and, IF you believe, in yours![]()
That said, believing in getting a Lexus 430SC is OK, I do not seriously think that TBN pastors or anyone else are preaching, 'OH, turn your life to God, you are a christian so now you need to practice what you are, quit sitting, start praying right NOW for that Lexus you want, or, mercedes, and, you will have it by Monday ,or in a month!!!! ''
No, sorry, I'm sorry, but this is NOT being done in the church today to THIS extreme, but, yes, telling people to pray for what they want ('ask anything in His name and it shall be given to you' is a red-letter Jesus verse in Scripture, is it not, no? ) and that the Lord will provide their needs is FINE.
Some you on here TAKE this concept to the EXTREME, I think.
The power of positive thinking and believing in the Holy Spirit is something some think is just 'creaminess,' won't mention any names on c.c. but someone used that EXACT word. It is nearly blasphemy, I think (notice i gave MY OPINION, not JUDGING person), to put the Holy Spirit in a 'creaminess' category, LOL> All things considered, and, you SHOULD consider all things, the 'creaminess' that you say you don't get from the Holy Spirit is God working in your life. I will speak for myself only, just because I know some just don't embrace His power in HS form of His deity. Fine. But, don't go bad-mouthing, and, poo-pooing the power of God in those that DO believe in His power to RECEIVE when praying for things, I highly advise you, for your sake, as the Lord will put an end to wickedness in a certain day but IF you show lack of faith and respect for others' ways of worshiping and 'receiving' God (can I* say that?? ), then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !
And, God's power is true, I could sit here and list dozens of things God's Spirit has overwhelmed me and blessed my life, helped me through times that were as destitute as could be. God got me through, and, He did NOT give me a mercedes, but I prayed an exact opposite prayer actually when I was down and out and debted back in 2008....
///....I said something to the effect of, "OK, God, I'm yours, and, I did not realize I would be 40 and so broke I can't even afford to pee in a toilet + I have a gargantuan debt.
But, I know you are Lord and I will receive your blessings and your trials. It wasn't more than a MONTH after that and God showed up and blessed me as greatly as a Lexus 430SC for the price of putting tabs on the car. I kid you NOT !! The power of God is so great, Christ peeps !!! Believe !!!
This is a backwards example but it hopefully shows the power of God, which is ALL I tried to do with this post. Word up !!! Faith works./ And, submission to God works too, surrendering ALL to God, do it, just you see what you receive![]()