Word of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 27, 2023
You said angels could be men if they were not of God.

You contradict yourself...

And besides, there were angels sent by God, who manifested as men.
Jesus was the new man after he died on the cross.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yes.

There had to be an answer to both sin and death which came into the earth by Adam. Then, there had to be a way for all men to receive the promises given to Abraham.
Right and it would be accomplished through the promises of God regarding the son of man

because it was given to Abraham and his promised seed Jesus who is Christ

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

who’s promises do nOt cease to grow from there he also is the promised israelite to Moses and the people . Who God would raise up from among the brethren of isreal to give the true words of God

“and he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:20-24, 26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

also he fulfills the lion of the tribe of Judah and the promised eternal son of David as well the promised king of Israel from psalm 2

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, And the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Serve the LORD with fear, And rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, When his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭2:6-9, 11-12‬ ‭

jesus has so many names and identities in the Bible “ prince of peace , king of kings and lord of lords , son of David , son of Abraham , the good shepherd , the bread of life , “the one God sent “ the seed of “ Israel my son “ the root of Jesse , the lion of the tribe of Judah , bright and morning star , the mighty God , everlasting Father ……the word of God

The reason is he is the fulfilment of everything God has promised beforehand when he said “I will surely come and visit the people and all shall know me and that it is I who speak behold it is I and there is no God beside me neither shall there be “

The word of God became flesh

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Those words were not meant to be hyphenated in such a way. Participles have Subjects and Objects like sentences in all languages.
Wouldn't matter because each word is separate on its own and in meaning any ways.

Apr 27, 2023
Wouldn't matter because each word is separate on its own and in meaning any ways.
He was trying to use a participle phrase as a standard noun phrase. It can't be done, but I am sure it is a common blunder... in Hebrew.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
He was trying to use a participle phrase as a standard noun phrase. It can't be done, but I am sure it is a common blunder... in Hebrew.
No Scribe finds error in it. So it's acceptable.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
... and a matter of time...

Being that, denying the Deity of Jesus Christ is an intolerable heresy.
Yeah it sort of rejects Christianity all together . This place is pretty tolerant but some things you can see the outcome

Jan 2, 2024
Word of God ===== Son of God

Agree or Disagree
The Name of Jesus is the Word of God:
REVELATION 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Whereas the Word of God is God Himself.
JOHN 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

How do you reconcile the 2.

Who is Jesus Christ as The Word of God?
And who is God The Father as the Word of God?

vassal

Jan 20, 2024
The Name of Jesus is the Word of God:
REVELATION 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Whereas the Word of God is God Himself.
JOHN 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

How do you reconcile the 2.

Who is Jesus Christ as The Word of God?
And who is God The Father as the Word of God?
Simply, both Jesus and GOD are distinct but also they are one. it is written all over scripture. read John 17

Cheers.

Chaps

Apr 3, 2024
California
As a noun, it is.
Pretty sure the rules of grammar state that a word that indicates action on an object would be classified as a verb.

θεότης theótēs; gen. theótētos, fem. noun from Theós (2316), God. Deity, Godhead as directly revealed, God’s personality (Col. 2:9), as distinguished from theiótēs (2305) in Rom. 1:20, divinity or divine power and majesty, a concept arrived at by observing God’s mighty works.

I take it you are a Jehovah’s Witness?