Works can NEVER earn salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Friendship and truth

Do we come here to be accepted, to be supported, to find encouragement and fellowship?
Or do we come here to raise the flag and shout about our King, the Lord of All who died to
save our souls.

And enemy will defeat those who seek acceptance with thorns and thistles, but will be defeated
by those who just want to blaze. That is our God, who knew His friends would leave Him, but
would finally return, and blaze to sinners and show His light to all, Amen.

So just listen to Jesus's example and know where your home truly is, with Him, Amen.

E

eternally-gratefull

My point to you is you have this idea that there is value in picking on individuals.
You do not know me, so it is a very odd idea you want to follow.

My only guess is when you get annoyed it bugs you so much, like an annoying itch,
you cannot stop hitting it and trying to get rid of it. One cure to this behaviour is
to expose yourself to such stimuli and then learn not to react.

I am happy to help you get free of your hangups, God bless you.

What does concern me is when people have a God complex, where they believe they
have the authority to put people right on interpretations of faith, and start to call this
sin and evil. It is these God complexes that led to terrible behaviours in the past where
innocents were forced to confess things while being tortured. But I will always say
God bless you, may Jesus and His love come to fill your life until nothing can keep it in.
Amen
Dude, everyone here knows you.

You are here illegally and in sin.

Yet you sit here day after day judging people. Lying about people. And doing everything that peter jens has done since he first arrived.

And please not. I had you on ignore. I left you alone for ALONG TIME< until people started telling me how you were attacking and slandering me, so once again, you just prove what the liar you are,

Secondly. I am not the ONLY one who knows you are peter. And calls you peter. And everyone here can see this.

I told you I was watching you. You would do best to back off and stop responding to me or about me.. do this, and I will leave you alone again, Keep up wiht your games, and I will continue to expose who you really are.. (I have not informed the mods yet. But I am not against it.

E

eternally-gratefull

Friendship and truth

Do we come here to be accepted, to be supported, to find encouragement and fellowship?
Or do we come here to raise the flag and shout about our King, the Lord of All who died to
save our souls.

And enemy will defeat those who seek acceptance with thorns and thistles, but will be defeated
by those who just want to blaze. That is our God, who knew His friends would leave Him, but
would finally return, and blaze to sinners and show His light to all, Amen.

So just listen to Jesus's example and know where your home truly is, with Him, Amen.
Do you think changing the font to green makes it look like you are not peterjens..

Lol// You make me laugh man,, You make me laugh.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Dude, everyone here knows you.
You are here illegally and in sin.
Yet you sit here day after day judging people. Lying about people. And doing everything that peter jens has done since he first arrived.
And please not. I had you on ignore. I left you alone for ALONG TIME< until people started telling me how you were attacking and slandering me, so once again, you just prove what the liar you are,
Secondly. I am not the ONLY one who knows you are peter. And calls you peter. And everyone here can see this.
I told you I was watching you. You would do best to back off and stop responding to me or about me.. do this, and I will leave you alone again, Keep up wiht your games, and I will continue to expose who you really are.. (I have not informed the mods yet. But I am not against it.
Hi EG,

I best back off? I need to stop responding to you?
We are talking on a forum for sharing our faith and heart.
If you want to stop sharing, so be it. If not, be prepared to have people shinning the
light on your positions, good or bad, it is the reason we are here. God bless you

E

eternally-gratefull

Hi EG,

I best back off? I need to stop responding to you?
We are talking on a forum for sharing our faith and heart.
If you want to stop sharing, so be it. If not, be prepared to have people shinning the
light on your positions, good or bad, it is the reason we are here. God bless you
Your not sharing anything dude

Once again, If you do not want me to keep exposing who you are. Stop responding about my poss with your lies and slander. And trying to attack me like you have been doing for years now. and I can put you back on ignore where you have been resting for along time now..

If you want to discuss the word (this is a bible discussion forum) we can discuss. But you have proven that is not really your desire.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
you sit here day after day judging people. Lying about people.

This is pretty strong stuff. But then I see this all the time from the passive faith group.
Show the truth of God love, His forgiveness and walking in victory and they just end up
going into insults and provocation, held in defeat and bondage to legalism and rules.
Rather than rejoicing there is now no condemnation in Jesus who walk in the Spirit
they are full of guilt and failure, not sprinkled in the consciences by the blood of Christ.

Praise God we are free to praise His name and know His victory in our hearts and lives Amen

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother
but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.
12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?
1 Cor 5

I wonder if this extends to interactions on christian forums? I recon if we draw a line and put
them on the other side, it is fine. We are not eating with them. God bless you

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
By the way I am always sharing stuff about the Lord, love, life, the Holy Spirit and His word.
But if one wants to say the opposite it is just idiotic and makes a fool of oneself.

5 Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise.
6 You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.
7 "You are the LORD God, who chose Abram and brought him out of Ur of the Chaldeans and named him Abraham."
Neh 9

E

eternally-gratefull

By the way I am always sharing stuff about the Lord, love, life, the Holy Spirit and His word.
But if one wants to say the opposite it is just idiotic and makes a fool of oneself.
Lololol thanks peter. Just just continue to prove you are him. And people who have been here all this time know it.. You will see.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Hi fred,

Ok. If you are prepared to conceptualise your language it might help.
For me repentance is the process of being in sin, and justifying the behaviour as ok and what you want to do,
to getting to a place where one walks in Jesus's ways, desiring to do good and avoid evil.
Scripture talks about turning, ie a direction away from God to a direction towards God.
It is the changing of enjoying sin to feeling sad about sin and rejoicing in good behaviour.
In overview it is taking on the view of God has towards sin and putting it into action.
There are hints at the motivations in our hearts that sow the seeds.
The dwelling on the passions of the flesh. The creation of ideas to sin, then actually sinful behaviour.

We have purification of our hearts, changing our focus, love ruling and being our aspirations and goal.
We have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, the fruits of the spirit, the resolution of hurts, pain, revenge,
unforgiveness, meeting of needs, openness to vulnerability and rejection through expressing love.

So this is a vast subject and involves everything that we are, and forums like this have threads on such
subjects. Unfortunately almost everyone who uses the words, change your mind, means a totally
superficial I like this rather than that attitude. It is difficult to not get upset when people regard these
things are equivalent, as if they are speaking with authority.

Jesus went to the cross to bring us repentance, eternal reconciliation to God, a transformation from
sinner into the likeness of Jesus, yet it is just like going to the films, or having a pool in the back garden.

So when people start on this topic, they often declare their ignorance of the subject which is so dear
to Jesus and our faith, yet is talked about with such disdain it is shocking. Repentance is a life long
walk, and some would say, we never stop being repentant in attitude. I would temper this with victory
and praise.

I did think though that the attitude expressed by some and their obvious rebellion leads me to mourning,
deep sadness at the arrogance and rebellion against the guilt and failure we all bear, each and every day.

Once sin is not humbling, what hope is there for anyone? God bless you.
Been sorry with such rhetorical approach but I base my belief in the Bible in regards to repentance. Turning is changing your direction but repentance is changing your mind. If you may there is a difference between the two though may complement with one another. This what really "Thus saith the Lord through the prophet Jonah."

"...ignorance of the subject which is so dear
to Jesus and our faith, yet is talked about with such disdain it is shocking."

Well, since you brought about Jonah would you be willing start addressing it? I mean discuss it? Question for you to consider: Why scripture in Jonah uses different word about repentance though the other scripture you cited uses the word "relent" and turning?

BTW, this is what Jackson123 is using where I responded to and I think too there is an ignorance to the many people around the corner here in CC. Would you mind to be able to discuss the scripture or go straight, giving sense what the scripture says and out of scripture says only?

Thanks

E

eternally-gratefull

I have no interest in what....you believe in. Only the Bible.
You do not even KNOW what I believe in.

So you do not know if it is via the bible or not.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
How long have these exchanges been going on and basic beliefs have not been presented?
Am I missing something like, zero communication or persuasion happening, or even point?

I would hope at best, after a few interactions on an issue both people would know what the
other meant. Or else what is the point. But maybe for some it is just distraction and side
tracking, rather than focusing on the love Jesus gives us and empowers us to live life and
flow with such thankfullness for all He provides. Amen.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
It did not say they stopped
It said they were washed justified and sanctified.
The corinthian church was being chastened for all their sexual sin among other sins.
it says they stopped: "such were some of you". are not anymore.

how were you an adulterer if you are still in it? i dont believe God is playing peek-a-boo with sins. cleanses them yet nobody is actually cleansed. that would be as useful as me pronouncing the world clean, yet everyone continues as before

if its like you said that they believed in Jesus and continued the same, then it wouldnt read "such were" but would read "such ARE"

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
How long have these exchanges been going on and basic beliefs have not been presented?
Am I missing something like, zero communication or persuasion happening, or even point?

I would hope at best, after a few interactions on an issue both people would know what the
other meant. Or else what is the point. But maybe for some it is just distraction and side
tracking, rather than focusing on the love Jesus gives us and empowers us to live life and
You are basically correct.

Initially I thought he/she had a miss understanding of scripture due to being miss led by some denomination. ...and while that may be the case he/she is incorrigible about discussing the Bible....at least defensive. Why?....... I don't know. We will let G-d handle it.

Enough already.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I have to laugh. One day one of these guys said to know the truth was so simple.
Just believe in Jesus and you have eternal life.

The conversation went on, and suddenly the gospel was so complex and wise us
foolish self righteous hypocrites could not understand it, it was beyond us.

Or even better we do not know what they believe because they never explained it.
So here are 3 different positions which cannot be in existance at the same time.
But when honesty kicks in some will admit they believe in passive faith, while we
believe in working faith. You then go a little deeper and Jesus has always been
about working faith, faith that creates change and action.

Some then admit this is true, but it is sanctification and not salvation. But the problem is
simple, without love in ones heart it is just ideas and theology, one day this way, the
next day another way.

And what is evil is to show these inconsistencies, in theology or in witness, or in sinning
and failing in our walk. It feels like shooting ducks in a bucket, but they will deny the
bucket, the water and the ducks, and that they said anything, and it is all lies and slander.

To me it does not matter, because it is worth discovering all the aspects, bringing them
into the light and seeing Jesus and His love working through it all, Amen.

E

eternally-gratefull

Some people just refuse to listen, they think they know and refuse to admit when told they are wrong