World Series Picks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
Well, it was bound to happen. So i'll be the one to start it. Who is your World Series pick for this year?

Its not a secret for me.... YANKEES!!!!!! :D

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
The season doesn't start for over a month and you're already bringing it up

**stuffs Born_Again in a box labeled "do not open until Christmas"

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
My way.. way.. and I can't stress this enough.. way too early pick lol, would be the Giants def. the Rangers in the World Series. It's an even year and they're my favorite team.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My way.. way.. and I can't stress this enough.. way too early pick lol, would be the Giants def. the Rangers in the World Series. It's an even year and they're my favorite team.
The Rangers... hmm...

I heard a story one time about a Texan who died and got sent to hell by mistake. Of course we know all Texans go to Heaven, but there was a mixup in transit. (Stay with me, this story does have to do with the thread topic.) Calls were made, things were straightened out and it was arranged for the Texan to be sent to Heaven on the next transit in about a week.

In the meantime the devil had a golden opportunity to work on a Texan. As all Texans go to Heaven, the devil had never before dealt with one. So the devil turned the thermostat up a bit, then casually walked past the Texan. "Sure is hot here, eh?" said the devil.

"Nah," said the Texan. "Spring of '72 was hotter than this."

So the devil turned the thermostat up some more, then "just happened" to walk past the Texan again. "Well, is it hot enough for ya now?"

"Nope, the fall of '53 was hotter than this."

The devil thought, "Okay, enough fooling around." He turned hell's thermostat up as far as it would go. Then he went by the Texan again. "Sure is nice weather we're having ain't it?" he sneered.

The Texan wiped some sweat off his face and said, "Yeah it is a little warm out today. But I reckon the summer of '68 was hotter."

By now the devil was thoroughly disgusted. He turned the thermostat all the way down and stomped off to bed. Overnight ice formed on everything and snow began falling. In the morning the devil woke up to an awful racket outside. He poked his head out the door to see the Texan jumping up and down, shouting, "THE RANGERS WON THE PENNANT! THE RANGERS WON THE PENNANT!"

Well... everyone always said it would happen when hell froze over.

Mar 14, 2015
I have to say, you definitely have good taste. ;)

Well, it was bound to happen. So i'll be the one to start it. Who is your World Series pick for this year?

Its not a secret for me.... YANKEES!!!!!! :D

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
So I googled what this World Series was all about...

"The World Series is the annual championship series of Major League Baseball ( MLB) in North America...."

Ancient Aliens 1.jpg

Dec 18, 2013
So I googled what this World Series was all about...

"The World Series is the annual championship series of Major League Baseball ( MLB) in North America...."

View attachment 144832

Haven't followed baseball or sports at all since I was a kid, but always gotta hope best for the hometeam. Lolz I know it sounds like a joke but forrealz my hometeam is the Indians :)

Gotta root for the hometeam though the Tribe hasn't been good since the 90s :(

Last edited:
J

JeniBean

I want to see the Tigers there, however I have a feeling they will not make it. I do not want to see your Yankees there...so I will have to check stats and see whom I really see there. Maybe play some fantasy baseball. Plus I must include my son in this talk, otherwise he will feel cheated. I will get back to you after spring training!

Aug 2, 2009
So what is this world series you're all talking about and how many countries will be competing??

Dec 1, 2014
Pirates vs. Royals. Seven game nail biter. Royals repeat! :cool:

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Haven't followed baseball or sports at all since I was a kid, but always gotta hope best for the hometeam. Lolz I know it sounds like a joke but forrealz my hometeam is the Indians :)

Gotta root for the hometeam though the Tribe hasn't been good since the 90s :(
I lol'd hard at the meme. Well, I hope your Indian team wins. ;)

So what is this world series you're all talking about and how many countries will be competing??
My thoughts exactly!!! :D

Last edited:
J

James4redemption

Sorry everyone, but this is the only acceptable answer.

Still kinda shocked Baer shelled out the money to pick up Smardjzdsfasa(sp) and Cueto. That's not really his style. I mean I knew he was going to pick up at least one of them, but both plus Span? That was a pleasant surprise. I actually credit this to the Warriors...putting pressure on the rest of the teams in the Bay (who have money) to spend some of that green. Giving the fans what they want.

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
Sorry everyone, but this is the only acceptable answer.

Still kinda shocked Baer shelled out the money to pick up Smardjzdsfasa(sp) and Cueto. That's not really his style. I mean I knew he was going to pick up at least one of them, but both plus Span? That was a pleasant surprise. I actually credit this to the Warriors...putting pressure on the rest of the teams in the Bay (who have money) to spend some of that green. Giving the fans what they want.
Haha yeah I was surprised they picked up both as well. I grew up a Cubs fan and still follow them, so I've seen Samardzija and still think he is a terrible signing lol, but as a whole, I really like what the Giants have done. The NL is tough, but they'll be in the race for sure.

Mar 14, 2015
Just want to point out that MLB opening day is about a month away. (and opening day for the Yankees is April 4 against the Astros. Whoo Hoo!)

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Just want to point out that MLB opening day is about a month away. (and opening day for the Yankees is April 4 against the Astros. Whoo Hoo!)
What?! It's that far away? They way you guys are talking about it here I thought it was next week...

Mar 14, 2015
Unfortunaly no, not next week.

BUT, this is exactly how everyone reacted to the latest Star Wars movie that was coming out. Some camping outside theaters for about a month before release day.

*shrugs* Everyone has their passions I guess. I did not get all the Star Wars hype....and many do not get my excitement for baseball, the Yankees, and opening day. Its all good. :) Noones forcing you to get revved up for it, or even enjoy it when it gets here.

What?! It's that far away? They way you guys are talking about it here I thought it was next week...

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I used to be a baseball fan when I was a kid. I even collected baseball cards. That was back when hank aaron was still playing. I can't get back into it anymore or any other sport except american football.

I just can't get into baseball because of those guys with big muscles using steroids just so they could hit farther. Football players have to be big because the game is based on brute strength, size and stamina, but baseball players?? No, just no.

J

James4redemption

Haha yeah I was surprised they picked up both as well. I grew up a Cubs fan and still follow them, so I've seen Samardzija and still think he is a terrible signing lol, but as a whole, I really like what the Giants have done. The NL is tough, but they'll be in the race for sure.
He's not a guy that's gonna' have you swinging out of your cleats, but he can keep the ball on the ground. Plays directly into the hands of the Giants infield defense and the park. But everyone knows the Giants make money hand over fist, so I mean, I wish at the very least they would have made a play for Kazmir.

Dec 1, 2014
Born..again....enjoy the moment, live day by day. Let tomorrow take care of itself.