Would you date yourself?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
As I was on the small bridge looking at the water, I looked across the water to see one of the security guys that patrols the area at night looking back across at me. He asked, "You out at night by yourself?? Where's yer man??" :sneaky::rolleyes::ROFL:
"Not sure where he is. I've been looking for him all night. If you see him, please tell him to find me ASAP."

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Would I date myself? C'mon people. I have my standards. But, I've done it! I like to go to nice restaurants. I like to sit down to a nicely dressed meal. Last time I did this it was at Christmastime and I got a perfect lamb cutlet in a garlic and mushroom covering with a side of asparagus with a grated cheese (I don't know what it was) but a perfect compliment. That and a nice glass of wine, it was really good. The server was a college age girl and when she brought the silver she dropped a dinner knife in my lap. I made out like it stabbed me in my leg and had a hard time dislodging it. She turned red as a beet and laughing. So, dinner and entertainment. Can't beat it.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
This is a strange thread. Just saying.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
It might sound silly, but really think about it.

You know all your strengths, weaknesses and you know what really goes on in your own mind. It's you but another person, if that makes sense...
Knowing all that would you date yourself?
Would you enjoy spending time with yourself? (if it was another being of course)
Would you trust this other you?

Let's have a discussion about this topic, what is everyone's thoughts?
No, since I have no interest in dating it would be a bad idea. lol

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I can't believe how many responses there are to this. I cannot think about this. Too weird.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I can't believe how many responses there are to this. I cannot think about this. Too weird.
You ain't seen nuthin yet.
Over the years, we've actually had the "Would You Date Yourself?" question circulate a couple of times.

I can't speak for the author of this particular thread, but in the past, the real feeling being the question of "Would You Date Yourself?" actually meant things like:

* What are your own person qualities that someone would or would not want in someone to date?

* What things about yourself do you think make you "dateable," and what things about you need to be worked on?

And finally, the bottom line became this: "If you wouldn't want to date yourself, why would you expect anyone else to?"

It was meant as an inquiry of a brutally honest look into one's own qualities, rather than literally dating a clone of yourself. :D

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Over the years, we've actually had the "Would You Date Yourself?" question circulate a couple of times.

I can't speak for the author of this particular thread, but in the past, the real feeling being the question of "Would You Date Yourself?" actually meant things like:

* What are your own person qualities that someone would or would not want in someone to date?

* What things about yourself do you think make you "dateable," and what things about you need to be worked on?

And finally, the bottom line became this: "If you wouldn't want to date yourself, why would you expect anyone else to?"

It was meant as an inquiry of a brutally honest look into one's own qualities, rather than literally dating a clone of yourself. :D
Well in that case... I now know why I remain single after my wife died 14 years and 9 months ago.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia

Yes, I did realise that, 🤭
But I couldn’t have said it better.
🥇

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
It might sound silly, but really think about it.

You know all your strengths, weaknesses and you know what really goes on in your own mind. It's you but another person, if that makes sense...
Knowing all that would you date yourself?
Would you enjoy spending time with yourself? (if it was another being of course)
Would you trust this other you?

Let's have a discussion about this topic, what is everyone's thoughts?
No

Plughole

Jan 15, 2024

This is mostly what I was meaning but slightly different. You know all the things that you think about, the good and the bad. Think about some of the things you think about that you know aren't good things, could you date someone that was secretly thinking those thoughts? The kind of things that you never really know about someone. People keep a lot of thoughts to themselves.

It's that and more, it's also an outlook on yourself as well as seeing if you could get along with that person in a relationship sense too. I know I like to spend a lot of time on myself focusing on hobbies, interests and goals which sometimes means if I'm not careful I can put a partner on the backburner.
I'm also not a jealous person in the slightest which some people might like but some might also hate. Is this a trait you'd like in your partner?

I'm probably not explaining it very well. It's not just generalised dateable traits but a deeper look inside yourself.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This is mostly what I was meaning but slightly different. You know all the things that you think about, the good and the bad. Think about some of the things you think about that you know aren't good things, could you date someone that was secretly thinking those thoughts? The kind of things that you never really know about someone. People keep a lot of thoughts to themselves.
As far as that goes, sure I would date a woman version of me. I watch what I dwell on. As they say, what I think is what I'm going to become. I won't become any great historical figure, but I'm determined to not become a sleazy pervert either.

Calmador

Jun 23, 2011
In a heart beat... This is going to sound like bragging, but yeah

Christian
Decent character
Intelligent
Good looks
Non-materialistic
Virgin

Would you date the a woman with the qualities above?

It's crystal clear, a lot of women weigh in money a hell lot. Before I get those people who ask me if I can take care of myself. Yes, I live alone and I'll one up that by saying I have managed to take care of another person (who doesn't have a job) all by myself. I'm poor, but I manage, me and plus another if needed. I can afford food (for two) and a roof over my head.

Too many women (not all) just have the desire of the world. They hungry for the world $$$

Jan 15, 2024
I think Loki season 1 ended with him dating an alternate universe version of him as a woman.

If I dated a girl me, it would be a non-starter. I'm very much a homebody, so the date would not happen because we would both stay home instead of bothering to go on a date.

I should probably go on a date with somebody who is very not like me.
Yeah you probaly should, Im a homebody but sometimes it gets old being confined in four walls and once in a blue moon I don't mind going out....that said yes date your opposite 😄😄😄😄 so she'll get you out sometimes

Jan 15, 2024
In a heart beat... This is going to sound like bragging, but yeah

Christian
Decent character
Intelligent
Good looks
Non-materialistic
Virgin

Would you date the a woman with the qualities above?

It's crystal clear, a lot of women weigh in money a hell lot. Before I get those people who ask me if I can take care of myself. Yes, I live alone and I'll one up that by saying I have managed to take care of another person (who doesn't have a job) all by myself. I'm poor, but I manage, me and plus another if needed. I can afford food (for two) and a roof over my head.

Too many women (not all) just have the desire of the world. They hungry for the world $$$
I wouldn't say you're bragging....to thyself be true....and if that's your truth it's respected 👍🏾

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
um I dont know how to answer this. I think everyone deserves some one on one time or undivided attention regardless of who they are, and to have some time out enjoying someones company. if thats what a date is.

I can only think that people in jail or pyschopaths should not date or if they ever do they really need a chaperone! I just hear of too many tinder tales of girls not making it home after they hooked up with someone. On a date. eek.