Would you get upset if someone questions you about God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 26, 2019
Would you get upset/mad if someone questions your believe in God / your faith. why or why not ?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Depends on the person and why. I usually only get upset when people question it that i hold dear and know better. Thats just hurtful and depending on the situation i get mad.
I once wanted to correct a sister in Christ when she was telling it all over that she was fasting..which we shouldnt
She then talked behind my back and the youth leader attacked my faith... hard...so i got pretty mad..it took me over a week to cool off.
But like here when people say im not christian and things like that i dont care. They dont see my fruit.

Feb 26, 2019
Depends on the person and why. I usually only get upset when people question it that i hold dear and know better. Thats just hurtful and depending on the situation i get mad.
I once wanted to correct a sister in Christ when she was telling it all over that she was fasting..which we shouldnt
She then talked behind my back and the youth leader attacked my faith... hard...so i got pretty mad..it took me over a week to cool off.
But like here when people say im not christian and things like that i dont care. They dont see my fruit.
Good point !

7seasrekeyed

no

what I don't like, is when someone who wants to get point, goes 'and you call yourself a Christian' for some normal human response

that used to get me ticked...now, I would say...no, the Bible says I am. doesn't mean I'm perfect...or something similar

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I don't. my experience and observations have taught me that only those who don't know why they believe as they do get upset.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Would you get upset/mad if someone questions your believe in God / your faith. why or why not ?
Nope.. That is when i get the opportunity to share my Faith and the good news of the Gospel with them..

Yeah sometimes you will get people with a mocking attitude and others will come at you with hate but i can take that 1000 times for the opportunity to have that one genuine seeker who will listen to the answer and genuinely consider it..

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi Marie, I guess it all depends. On the one hand, it could end up being a wonderful opportunity to witness/evangelize/preach, to share what I know about God and the Christian faith, to share why I finally became a Christian (and how they can become one too :)), and to correct any misunderstandings as well, etc. We are commanded to do so, yes .. Matthew 5:16; Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8; 1 Peter 3:15.

On the other hand, if the person(s) doing the questioning are not honest, but abusive, such that they seek to demean or sully God, His word, or even us, His witnesses, then I believe the Bible gives us clear guidance about how we should choose to handle that scenario as well .. Matthew 7:6.

~Deut

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Yes and no. If they're willing to have an actual conversation I would talk about it. If they're just calling me an idiot or something then I would be annoyed. It's also hard if they're very emotional about something that's preventing the belief. I just leave it up to God and move on.

I use to have a roommate who would laugh at me every time I mentioned something religious and would call me names. Yea...she now believes. So I try to look at it as a lack of understanding at that moment. Not going to say I love being called an idiot though. :p

Nov 26, 2012
I love it! I pray for God to give me opportunities to witness all of the time. Even if the person is asking in a derogatory manner, seeds are getting planted. Even if the asker is a hard soil type, perhaps someone else listening in is of the fertile soil type.

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
They dont see my fruit.
Can I see your fruit? ;)

"Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully." --1 Peter 3:15b (Amplified Bible)

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Can I see your fruit? ;)

"Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully." --1 Peter 3:15b (Amplified Bible)
Well then ita time u come to germany ans walk among the homeless with me and ull see

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Yes and no. If they're willing to have an actual conversation I would talk about it. If they're just calling me an idiot or something then I would be annoyed. It's also hard if they're very emotional about something that's preventing the belief. I just leave it up to God and move on.

I use to have a roommate who would laugh at me every time I mentioned something religious and would call me names. Yea...she now believes. So I try to look at it as a lack of understanding at that moment. Not going to say I love being called an idiot though. :p
++
This post seems to be very wise to me.............too bad there is not a reaction called "wisedom shared."