Would you marry a Calvinist?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
what wife who has any wrong doctrine when we wed, will the Lord not teach?

if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
(Ephesians 3:15)
one of the basic points of marriage is that we grow, together -- as opposed to growing alone.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
what wife who has any wrong doctrine when we wed, will the Lord not teach?

if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
(Ephesians 3:15)
one of the basic points of marriage is that we grow, together -- as opposed to growing alone.
That is what we did after deciding we needed Jesus. We put her Pentecostal history and my Baptist history together and came up with something that was neither but resembled both. Some don't realize we are allowed to seek Him as a team. :D(y)

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I know your question is a joke, but I'll humor it some more.

Pagan just describes a religious view- a pagan would identify himself as a pagan. "Heathen" is more of a pejorative.

Someone said that I was a pagan today. Is that a step up or a step down from being a heathen?

Nov 16, 2019
Would you marry a Calvinist?
Well, considering that a good marriage is not determined by how well you get along but by how well you don't get along, I'd say I absolutely would not marry a serious Calvinist. They are some of the most angry, unbendable, hard headed, closed off, dogmatic people I have ever talked to. They would probably not tolerate my anti-Calvinist beliefs and would make my life a living hell. Their transformation from all smiles to venomous snarling at the mere mention of the subject would be enough for me to commit to a life of celibacy.

Dec 9, 2011
Im not sure I would. Im not even sure what one is. is it someone who follows Calvin Klein? But that would be a Calvin Kleinist.
Look if they were moral, I might consider. Morality is important to me.
They are moral people but IMO they look at salvation like

since GOD knows everything already ,then HE knew who would accept HIM and therefore those who are saved were pre destined to be saved

so then the scripture that says "for GOD SO loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten SON so that whosoever believes In HIM would not perish but have eternal life"Is for those who are predestined to be saved

so then the "whosoever" to them Is not as gracious as It sounds but "whosoever" Is limited only for those who are predestined.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I know your question is a joke, but I'll humor it some more.

Pagan just describes a religious view- a pagan would identify himself as a pagan. "Heathen" is more of a pejorative.
Is that the same as a perogative?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the next thread
would you marry the Pope?

After that gets not many replies...

would you divorce the Pope?

I am waiting for the thread that asks 'Would you marry me?' There has already been one that asks ' would you marry you?'

On this singles CC forum. I'm praying for peoples sanity on here.

Mar 28, 2016
I think it’s the same as perjury.
The decision of the jury = orthodox, sect, denomination, prerogative, opinion.

What we need is the two witnesses of God, the law of God , as in all things written in the law and two, the prophets. Remember orthodoxy crucified the Son of man, Jesus.

How would that affect one called a Calvinist with one of another denomination as far as marrying each other, other than searching the scriptures as needed to seek His approval ? I would say how can we hear, not so much what do we believe but who. Of God or of men?

Peter experienced that in Mathew 16. He was forgiven of his blasphemy. Today that is not possible

S

selfdissolving

Calvinists are usually the ones blamed for introducing Eternal Security doctrine and Once-Saved-Always-Saved (OSAS) Belief.
BLAMED???? IT'S TAUGHT IN THE SCRIPTURES??????

Apr 15, 2017
Im not sure I would. Im not even sure what one is. is it someone who follows Calvin Klein? But that would be a Calvin Kleinist.
Look if they were moral, I might consider. Morality is important to me.
I would marry a terrorist, an atheist, a feminist, an arsonist, a bigamist, a Buddhist, an abortionist, an occultist, an alchemist, a communist, a secularist, but not a Calvinist, no how, no way, but I am joking.

presidente

May 29, 2013
No, since I do not practice polygamy. And neither do most Calvinists.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
the next thread
would you marry the Pope?

After that gets not many replies...

would you divorce the Pope?

I am waiting for the thread that asks 'Would you marry me?' There has already been one that asks ' would you marry you?'

On this singles CC forum. I'm praying for peoples sanity on here.
I would rather marry a nun.