Would you rather...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
So this game has a twist. The next person has to answer the post before theirs AND then leave a NEW question for the next person. You have to choose 1 Bible and non Bible thing. Like this.
Would you rather be swallowed by a whale or swallow a 100 year old raw egg?

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
So this game has a twist. The next person has to answer the post before theirs AND then leave a NEW question for the next person. You have to choose 1 Bible and non Bible thing. Like this.
Would you rather be swallowed by a whale or swallow a 100 year old raw egg?
As horrific an experience as swallowing an 100-year-old raw egg would be, Jonah was swallowed by a whale (or big fish) while running from God's will and while potentially giving the Ninevites to whom he was sent no chance to repent. With such being the case, I'd rather swallow the egg while doing God's will for my life.

Here, then, is my question for whoever comes next:

Would you rather be thrown into a lion's den to potentially be eaten alive for your unwavering faith in God, or would you rather sit at home on your sofa and pet your gently-purring cat while doing nothing for God?

I'm sorry if I've already ruined the game, but I'd like to see somebody honestly answer my question.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
As pathetic as this may be for a Christian, fear overrides, and I'd rather pet a gently-purring pussy and do nothing for God, than be thrown to the lions. Not forever, though, but certainly in the moment. Fortunately, God doesn't always give us such easy choices, or there might be no Daniels.

Would you rather work 7 years for your future-father-in-law to marry your spouse, only to be cheated into working for a further 7 years for him to marry, or elope and marry immediately without his permission or blessing?

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
As pathetic as this may be for a Christian, fear overrides, and I'd rather pet a gently-purring pussy and do nothing for God, than be thrown to the lions. Not forever, though, but certainly in the moment. Fortunately, God doesn't always give us such easy choices, or there might be no Daniels.

Would you rather work 7 years for your future-father-in-law to marry your spouse, only to be cheated into working for a further 7 years for him to marry, or elope and marry immediately without his permission or blessing?
I would elope because 14 years is a looooonnnng time to wait for another person. Maybe if I was in my 20s but Im not.
Would you rather sing worship songs in church or sing on a world stage at a concert with your fave band?

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
Would rather sing in church.

Would you rather travel with the children of Israel 40yrs to get to the promised land, or 40yrs to pay off your mortgage?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Would rather sing in church.

Would you rather travel with the children of Israel 40yrs to get to the promised land, or 40yrs to pay off your mortgage?
Hmmm. Tricky question, because those wandering in the desert for 40 years were wandering because they hadn't believed God in the first place, and weren't even permitted to enter the promised land. Except Caleb and Joshua, who had presented a positive report, and were permitted (Joshua was the one who renewed the covenant with the sons of Israel at Gilgal). So yes, I'd rather be Joshua or Caleb wandering in the desert for 40 years and finally get to enter the promised land, than take 40 years to pay off a boring mortgage. :)

Would you rather believe the words of Israel's judge when she tells that God has commanded to take 3000 men to fight Jabin's army, or stay in safety but watch as 3000 of your friends, family and countrymen are killed by a foreign invader?

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
Hmmm. Tricky question, because those wandering in the desert for 40 years were wandering because they hadn't believed God in the first place, and weren't even permitted to enter the promised land. Except Caleb and Joshua, who had presented a positive report, and were permitted (Joshua was the one who renewed the covenant with the sons of Israel at Gilgal). So yes, I'd rather be Joshua or Caleb wandering in the desert for 40 years and finally get to enter the promised land, than take 40 years to pay off a boring mortgage. :)

Would you rather believe the words of Israel's judge when she tells that God has commanded to take 3000 men to fight Jabin's army, or stay in safety but watch as 3000 of your friends, family and countrymen are killed by a foreign invader?
Im gonna go with I believe the words of Israels judge when she tells that God commanded 3000 to fight Jabins army because loyalty is loyalty and it can take you to your death but its worse to be the one left behind :(
Would you rather be born in the time of Jesus or your actual birthdate? :)

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Much as it would be exciting to be born in the time of Jesus and have a chance to actually meet him in the flesh, I believe if I had been born then, I might not have known Jesus as I do now - as Saviour - we have the completed scriptures, we have inherited the spread of the gospel by faithful witnesses and missionaries - we have so much. So I will say reluctantly that I'd rather be born now, unless I can guarantee my salvation with being born then. :)

Would you rather be a Samson and tortured by the Philistines, or a Delilah-type figure and rewarded (in this life) for your evil works?

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
Much as it would be exciting to be born in the time of Jesus and have a chance to actually meet him in the flesh, I believe if I had been born then, I might not have known Jesus as I do now - as Saviour - we have the completed scriptures, we have inherited the spread of the gospel by faithful witnesses and missionaries - we have so much. So I will say reluctantly that I'd rather be born now, unless I can guarantee my salvation with being born then. :)

Would you rather be a Samson and tortured by the Philistines, or a Delilah-type figure and rewarded (in this life) for your evil works?
What a beautiful answer you gave! It was unexpected too!
I had to google the actual torture because I didnt know what happened to Samson in detail. I was going to choose the Delilah option because ashamedly I do succumb to my worldly wayssometimes but then I remembered the pain of childbirth and think I can go up a few notches. My eyes have enjoyed the beauty of this world but in a way to have my eyes removed would not be the worst thing. I would still be able to pray to God and communicate with others and for that Id be grateful.

Would you rather spend 40 days in a desert and be tempted by the Devil or spend 40 days in a desert and come across a beautiful oasis?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I would rather be in the desert 40 days and come across a beautiful oasis. ;)

Would you rather have a child but later be required to give him back to God (like Hannah), or remain childless but never having to know the separation of giving him back to God?

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
I would have the child. I can still visit him, and have a chat or bring him lunch and such.

Would you rather be the brother of the prodigal son or be the only child for your parents?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I'll take the only child and with my large inheritance start a homeless type ministry.
Would you rather be a faith healer or be the 5th richest person in the world?

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
I'll take the only child and with my large inheritance start a homeless type ministry.
Would you rather be a faith healer or be the 5th richest person in the world?
I will let Moses or someone answer Give Thanks question :)

I would rather be the 5th richest person in the world because I dont know what it is like to have a lot of money. But then I could hire the faith healer....or fund his ministry :)

Would you rather know the pain of being nailed on the cross or give birth to octuplets without any painkillers?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019

I would rather be the 5th richest person in the world because I dont know what it is like to have a lot of money. But then I could hire the faith healer....or fund his ministry :)

Would you rather know the pain of being nailed on the cross or give birth to octuplets without any painkillers?
I'd rather give birth to octuplets without pain killers. If there's eight of them, they've gotta be smaller, right? :p Although, feeding time might be a real problem, I reckon. (I'm a guy, so must take it on faith that giving birth is a painful process - but I'm sure the pain is insignificant compared to what you get to keep after all the pain is through).

Would you rather be Peter and say you'd die before denying Jesus, and then deny him three times, or never have the conviction to say it and never be tested?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Did I need to answer this one again? If so, I'd rather be the brother of the prodigal son. No matter how annoying family can be, I think life is always better with them than without them.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I'd rather give birth to octuplets without pain killers. If there's eight of them, they've gotta be smaller, right? :p Although, feeding time might be a real problem, I reckon. (I'm a guy, so must take it on faith that giving birth is a painful process - but I'm sure the pain is insignificant compared to what you get to keep after all the pain is through).

Would you rather be Peter and say you'd die before denying Jesus, and then deny him three times, or never have the conviction to say it and never be tested?
I've learnt to not make promises or dares so not saying it in the first place but be sure to keep in the Word so I don't flop on my own.
Would you rather be Jonah in the belly of a whale/fish for 3 days or stuck on an unfamiliar island for 3 months taking a chance on survival?

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
I've learnt to not make promises or dares so not saying it in the first place but be sure to keep in the Word so I don't flop on my own.
Would you rather be Jonah in the belly of a whale/fish for 3 days or stuck on an unfamiliar island for 3 months taking a chance on survival?
I watched this story on YT of an American fisherman who got swallowed by a whale and he lived to tell the tale. Surprisingly he did say it was a pretty tight squeeze! So Id take my chances on an unfamiliar island because Ive watched enough Survivor seasons to give it a go, without a money reward lol

Would you rather have Jesus heal you from a life of leprosy or never have a sick day in your life?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I watched this story on YT of an American fisherman who got swallowed by a whale and he lived to tell the tale. Surprisingly he did say it was a pretty tight squeeze! So Id take my chances on an unfamiliar island because Ive watched enough Survivor seasons to give it a go, without a money reward lol

Would you rather have Jesus heal you from a life of leprosy or never have a sick day in your life?
This is a hard question - I think I'd rather have Jesus heal me from a life of leprosy (he's actually healed ours hearts from much worse than leprosy!) Not that I want to be sick, but I think we value what He does for us much more knowing what what could have been. I think the next question is similar to this and another one asked before about wandering in the wilderness.

Would you rather be one of the children of Israel born in the wilderness, with the shame of living without God's covenant sign until finally receiving it just before entering the Promised Land (Joshua 5), or would you rather be born in the Promised Land and never know what it feels like to be out of covenant with God and separated from Him?

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
lost in wilderness, see my parents die of old age. rather than die in battle at younger ages

Would you rather follow Satan or Santa ?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
lost in wilderness, see my parents die of old age. rather than die in battle at younger ages

Would you rather follow Satan or Santa ?
santa.

he is fictional, satan is real.

would you rather be Abram and leave your country and family into a distant unknown land or Moses and build an ark for a promised flood ??