Wounded Warriors

  • Thread starter Thread starter gods_kid
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gods_kid

Guest
March 9, 2015

It's been a long time since I've written anything. It's been a long time since I've written anywhere. I've been overwhelmed, buried, cast aside, drowning. No words seem big enough or good enough to apply to all of this.

This past February 19 made a year since I lost our home. I've been in my mother's house for a year. The first night I was here, I was just devastated, crying, trying to pray, and I told myself that in a year things would be at least somewhat better, in a year I'd be further down the road from all of this, in a year I'd be in the process of fighting my way out of this pit.

I was wrong.

Why, God, are You methodically removing people from my life? Do I not deserve friendship, love, help, support? Am I meant to be alone from now on? I've changed so much, I'm more cynical, distrusting, defensive. But I've had to learn these things to protect myself from being even more hurt.

How do I fight when I don't know what to fight against, God? How good a warrior am I with all these scars and wounds and bruises?

What good is a wounded warrior?