"Wow, You're Kind of Pretty... For Being Such a Normally Ugly Person."

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 6, 2019
A few years ago I started working out and someone I knew says to me, hey you lost weight, now you look less chubby. I mean what?! 😂 and to make it worse He is Christian

Feb 6, 2019
How about the old “you’re smarter than you look”, umm thanks 😕

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
I was told once. "You're not bad lookin for a white boy"
I took it as a compliment.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Same Preachers Grown Daughter As Before: "Ugh..my hair looks stupid tonight.... it looks like Julia's. "

The next night talking to me: "Oh girl, your hair looks good tonight....it reminds me of Julias!"

Poor Julia had no idea that her hair was used as both an insult and a compliment. And for the record, she had beautiful hair.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
She sounds like a peach.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
I don't think they mean it harshly but all the time at work I am told Your pretty smart for a blonde . Ya think ! Gggrrr_!!!!

Jan 30, 2019
Easy... put up with c**p when you should stand up to it.

A lot of men think that by tolerating abuse, they are winning friends and influencing people. In fact, they are earning contempt as pushovers. Women don't respect them, especially in a dating context, because they foresee the man not being a good protector/provider.

The alternative is to be kind, in a Christlike way. Kindness is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. "Nice" isn't. :)
Not in that way. Just very kind.

Jan 30, 2019
I don't think they mean it harshly but all the time at work I am told Your pretty smart for a blonde . Ya think ! Gggrrr_!!!!
Yes. Unfortunately society has stereotyped the intelligence of people based on hair color. I think merely as a joke but for some it can be very offensive. I often hear balding men scold me for shaving off all my hair. I can sympathize with their self-consciousness but it's only hair. Truth is we are exactly how we are meant to be.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I enjoy being complimented on my art but than they see my sisters and being nice there like oh you two just have different styles which I always see as a backhanded compliment lol Yes my style is sucking at art and hers is not 🙄

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
I enjoy being complimented on my art but than they see my sisters and being nice there like oh you two just have different styles which I always see as a backhanded compliment lol Yes my style is sucking at art and hers is not 🙄
I admire artistic people period 👍