Wrangling and Discord Verses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Titus 3:7 That being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law for they are unprofitable and vain.
Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject
Titus 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
A factious man
141 causing divisions

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to Godliness
1 Timothy 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings
1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth supposing that gain is godliness from such withdraw thyself
1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him
2 Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him if we deny him, he also will deny us
2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful he cannot deny himself
2 Timothy 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance,charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, BUT TO THE SUBVERTING OF THE HEARERS.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

We must be the ones to not engage in strife but to put out the truth in the Word. Let the Word speak.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault ye which are spiritual restore such an one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself lest thou also be tempted, 2 Bear ye one anothers burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if a man think himself to be something when he is nothing he deceiveth himself 4 But let every man prove his own work and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone and not in another. 5 for every man shall bear his own burden 6 Be not deceived, God is not mocked for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption, but he that soweth to the spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate, yea, seven are an abomination unto Him

17 A proud look, A lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and HE THAT SOWETH DISCORD AMONG BRETHREN.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
1 Peter 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
1 Peter 2:12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
1 peter 2:15 For so is the will of God that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men 16 as free and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness but as the servants of God. 17 Honour all men, Love the brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the king.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
I figured a quick reference sort of page, I knew you would understand.

Yes and thank you but as you know this will become a war zone as well! Blessings Ann on your life of faith and TRUTH!

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
1 Peter 2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults ye shall take it patiently? but if when ye do well and suffer for it ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

21 For even hereunto were ye called because Christ also suffered for us leaving us an example that ye should follow His steps

22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth

23 Who when He was reviled reviled not again, when He suffered He threatened not but committed Himself to him that judgeth righteously

24 Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree that we being dead to sins should live unto righteousness by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Yes and thank you but as you know this will become a war zone as well! Blessings Ann on your life of faith and TRUTH!
If so, my only reply here will be with the Words of God, no commentary. Very liberating for me, personally, and my favorite thing to do. For some reason I do better with a purpose and direction and adrenaline. My mind clears along with my focus and passages I learned but didn't know I learned jump right up. Only time really.:cool: Very strange though:eek:

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
No one said it would be easy, and you have felt that 1st hand. But this is part of the cross we bear. The good times are great, the hard times are necessary. We need to be tested, smoothed, refined so that when God finds us and needs us for anything, He knows who we are and what we will do. We can be counted on. Obedient. We have faith we study we work we progress. To stand for God, he tells us we need the full gospel armor. That is battle gear. A battle is on its way and we must be ready. Doesn't mean you can't take a break and go shopping for some new boots!!! When God is for you.... These things are the only things that follow us. These things make up the linen we will wear. Store up your treasures in Heaven. You got this. Carry on soldier...God Bless you sister girl

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Ephesians 5:13

But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light for whatsoever doth make manifest is light 14 Wherefore He saith 'Awake thou that sleepest and arise from the dead and Christ shall give thee light' 15 See then that ye walk circumspectly not as fools but as wise 16 Redeeming the time because the days are evil 17 Wherefore by ye not unwise but understanding what the will of the Lord is 18 And be not drunk with wine wherein is excess but be filled with the Spirit 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ 21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Romans 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

17 Now I beseech you brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned and avoid them. mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned and avoid them.

18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ but their own belly and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf but yet would have you wise unto that which is good and simple concerning evil.

20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
These are good verses to remember in this context, where it is easy to get into disagreements over words. I wonder, in light of the scriptural teaching, how we are to go about dealing with cases where others are using words inappropriately and either hurting others directly or promoting false teaching? Are we still to avoid "wrangling"?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I wonder, in light of the scriptural teaching, how we are to go about dealing with cases where others are using words inappropriately and either hurting others directly or promoting false teaching? Are we still to avoid "wrangling"?
Well what do we read in 2 Timothy 3:16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness?

Which means that if there is false teaching (doctrine) there must also be reproof and correction. That is not wrangling. And if the focus is on correction, then personalities do not enter into the equation. Of course false teachers will be *hurt* because their errors have been exposed. But it is up to them to repent, so that they will not be hurt again. Peter and Jude had some very harsh things to say about these people.

Dec 12, 2013
Jesus....circa 33 A.D.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.

Was JESUS a heretic?

And if this applies to family, how much more to those that peddle that which is contrary to the truth?