Yeshua in the Old Testament

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 25, 2015
While reading through Mispa's Isaiah thread I wondered, why not make a thread where we can identify Yeshua in the Old Testament and in that way encourage each other with the true gospel of Yeshua the Messiah?

Jan 25, 2015
Psa 22:1 To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

Jan 25, 2015
This is the meaning of the names in Genesis 5 (I have posted it before):

ADAM– “man” / “mankind” (Root word “Adamah” which means “earth”
SET – “Appointed” / “Appointed another seed”
ENOSH – “Mortal” / “Being Mortal” from the Hebrew Root word “Anash”
KENAN – “Sorrow”
MAHALALEL – Consists of two Hebrew words:“Mahalal” which means “Blessed’ / “Praised” and “EL” which means God. The name thus means: “Blessed/Praised of YHVH”
YERED – “Shall Descend” / “Shall come down”
CHANOCH (ENOCH) – means “teaching” “To teach/instruct people”
MATUSHELACH – consists of two Hebrew words:
Met – which means “death”
Shelach – which means “Shall bring forth” Put them together and it reads “Death shall bring forth”
LAMECH–“Despairing” / “Those in despair”
NOACH– “Comfort” / “Rest”

Together: “Man/Mankind appointed mortal sorrow. The blessed/praised of YHVH shall descend/come down and teach/instruct people that His death shall bring, those in despair, comfort/rest.

Jan 25, 2015
Maybe the family tree is just a coincidence so we should look at Cain's family tree as well. I will do it over the week-end and try to post it next week... prepare to be amazed as ABBA Father's word will reveal the enemy.

M

Mitspa

While reading through Mispa's Isaiah thread I wondered, why not make a thread where we can identify Yeshua in the Old Testament and in that way encourage each other with the true gospel of Yeshua the Messiah?
Good topic, I wanted to post some of the psalms too which are full of the Lord :)

Ps 14:2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
4 ¶ Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.
5 There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.
6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD is his refuge.
7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

03444. yashuw`ah, yesh-oo'-aw

feminine passive participle of 3467; something saved, i.e. (abstractly) deliverance; hence, aid, victory, prosperity:--deliverance, health, help(-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

L

Least

Psalms 18:1 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet,
until (Shiloh) come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

E

Eva1218

The whole Bible is about JESUS for HE is the WORD. But here is one I thought I would mention.

Exo 3:2
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was
not consumed.

Compare to
Dan 3:24
Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
Dan 3:25
He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Blessings!!!!!!!

Jan 25, 2015
The whole Bible is about JESUS for HE is the WORD. But here is one I thought I would mention.
I like this statement.

Don't know if you have heard this before but the first letter of the Bible is a beyt (bereshit) and the last letter is a nun (amen). When put this together it spells ben (son in Hebrew)

May 15, 2013
Zech 9:9 9 Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Zech 12:10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Psalm 22:16 Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet. 17 All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me. 18 They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.

Deuteronomy 18:15 The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.

Jan 25, 2015
I said on Friday that I will give the genealogy of Cain with its meaning.

Adam - Mankind
Cain – spear / fleshly action or fixity
Enoch – teaching / instruct
Irad – fugitive or sequester (isolate)
Mehujael – blotted out from God/ smitten from God
Methusael – man who is of God
Lamech – those in despair

Mankind in its fixity will teach/instruct to isolate yourself from YHWH like a fugitive and be blotted out from YHWH, and man who is from God will be in despair.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Gen 22:8

And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

This prophecy of the Lamb of God is underscored when Abraham later espies the ram caught in a thicket by its horns, and he offered it up to God instead of Isaac. Of course this ram did not fulfill Abraham's prophcy, but we know this. God bless all in Yeshua, amen.

Jan 25, 2015

Gen 22:8

And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

This prophecy of the Lamb of God is underscored when Abraham later espies the ram caught in a thicket by its horns, and he offered it up to God instead of Isaac. Of course this ram did not fulfill Abraham's prophcy, but we know this. God bless all in Yeshua, amen.
The word used to describe the ram is also the chief or leader... so God gave Abraham the chief or leader of the flock for the perfect burnt offering.

If we look at God's word it is perfect and amazing!

birdie

Sep 16, 2014
"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." (Genesis 1:3)
"
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12) -New Testament for comparison.

Feb 21, 2012
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Genesis 3:15

Sep 6, 2014
Isaiah 7:14 ESV
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 9:6
ESV
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 53 KJV
1Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Jan 25, 2015
We all know that Paul’s name was never changed from Saul to Paul but that the one is hebrew (Saul) and the other greek (Paul).

Judhas was the disciple that betrayed Yeshua. The hebrew name of Judahs is Judah. When Joseph’s brothers sold him it was Judah who sold his brother for twenty pieces of silver.

Gen 37:26 And Judah said unto his brethren, What profit is it if we slay our brother, and conceal his blood?
Gen 37:27 Come, and let us sell him to the Ishmeelites, and let not our hand be upon him; for he is our brother and our flesh. And his brethren were content.

So it was an prophecy on the one who would sold out Christ for 30 pieces of silver.

Jan 25, 2015
Gen 37:13 And Israel said unto Joseph, Do not thy brethren feed the flock in Shechem? come, and I will send thee unto them. And he said to him, Here am I.
Gen 37:14 And he said to him, Go, I pray thee, see whether it be well with thy brethren, and well with the flocks; and bring me word again. So he sent him out of the vale of Hebron, and he came to Shechem.

The Dad is calling the Son asking if he is willing to go to the flock, and the Son said “Here am I” (Isaiah 6:8).
The Dad then tells the Son to go to a place and find out from the members how the flocks are doing, and bring him word. He (the Father) send his Son to the association/ company (Hebron ) and He came to this hindrance on both shoulder blades (Shechem).

Does this sound familiar? God send His Son, to see to the welfare of the flock. The Son then sees the state of the church and for speaking up, he received this burden on His shoulders (could it be the beam of the cross?).

And another interesting thing to consider is, it was Judah that sold out Joseph as it was the Jews (tribe of Judah) that sold out Yeshua.

When Joseph came to Shecem he was informed that his brothers moved to Dothan, meaning two wells. Just like Joseph, Yeshua was also thrown into a well/dungeon (the same word in Hebrew) below the house of Caiaphas

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
He went to help his brethren, and they put him in a pit, into the earth. He was taken up from the pit to become second only to Pharoah, King of Egypt............ and so go the parallels, amen. Good posting. Yahweh bless you and hold you ever close to him.

Gen 37:13 And Israel said unto Joseph, Do not thy brethren feed the flock in Shechem? come, and I will send thee unto them. And he said to him, Here am I.
Gen 37:14 And he said to him, Go, I pray thee, see whether it be well with thy brethren, and well with the flocks; and bring me word again. So he sent him out of the vale of Hebron, and he came to Shechem.

The Dad is calling the Son asking if he is willing to go to the flock, and the Son said “Here am I” (Isaiah 6:8).
The Dad then tells the Son to go to a place and find out from the members how the flocks are doing, and bring him word. He (the Father) send his Son to the association/ company (Hebron ) and He came to this hindrance on both shoulder blades (Shechem).

Does this sound familiar? God send His Son, to see to the welfare of the flock. The Son then sees the state of the church and for speaking up, he received this burden on His shoulders (could it be the beam of the cross?).

And another interesting thing to consider is, it was Judah that sold out Joseph as it was the Jews (tribe of Judah) that sold out Yeshua.

When Joseph came to Shecem he was informed that his brothers moved to Dothan, meaning two wells. Just like Joseph, Yeshua was also thrown into a well/dungeon (the same word in Hebrew) below the house of Caiaphas

Jan 25, 2015
He went to help his brethren, and they put him in a pit, into the earth. He was taken up from the pit to become second only to Pharoah, King of Egypt............ and so go the parallels, amen. Good posting. Yahweh bless you and hold you ever close to him.
Thank you Sir and the same to you!