Yet another situation beyond help... Pray and advise

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tasha66

This is abuse, plain & simple.
Abuse can be defined as verbal or physical, psychological/social/emotional, sexual or financial. Most abusers are highly manipulative people.
All you need to do is contact your nearest police station, or social services office and make an anonymous complaint. You can usually do this online as well anonymously.
Please do something. This poor wee lassie should not be sitting in her own faeces. It's obvious her family are neglecting her, and/or just don't know how to care for her. They are most probably keeping her at home with perhaps good intentions, or more likely, to get her pension money - sad but very common now.
Please, please do something for this girl soon.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
We have these neighbors that we barely know, a fragile old lady that is 70+ years old and her disabled daughter. They live alone. The daughter had a car accident or something and since then has been really ill and cannot move. The mother is not able to take good care of the daughter, she does not keep her clean so she sits in her own excrements and this depressing odor fills the house. The girl really needs to be in a proper facility where she will be kept clean and taken good care of and have company, it's bad enough that she is unable to take care of herself and I've heard she was such a perfect young lady before the accident, not only she's made into her own shadow but also stripped of the last shred of human dignity by her family's toxic decisions. Yet she did not lose her kindness and smiles, it's heartbreaking :( The family doesn't want to put her into a health care facility. (I asked my husband if it's money, but no it's not even a money issue they just decided so.) Their church is not stepping up, and we barely know them so it isn't our place to say anything. We don't mind helping her lift and move her at times but the thing is the issue shouldn't even be there. How do you help people who by making bad decisions basically make it impossible to help them? What can we do for them (esp. since we barely know them)? You can't even sit in that living room, otherwise we'd be visiting for daughter's sake. We don't really want to associate since the mom's shown before when someone is kind to her she loses all boundaries and gets very entitled, coming into houses and waking people up and stuff to give her rides several times a day for non urgent small errands (she calls them "emergencies"), so neighbors were forced to draw the line and keep their distance, one by one. I guess I could bake them some cookies still of something sometimes so the daughter can know somebody cares. But that's not solving anything. I don't even really know what I want with this post, I just couldn't get this out of my mind since we've been there this morning. I think that disabled girl deserves better. Please pray and give advice from your experience this is really depressing.
You call the senior services and the county board of mr/dd in your county. You say what you just said and they will either tell you where to call or open a case for them....

I do want to COMMEND YOU.... WE ARE OUR BROTHER'S KEEPER, and I read on another post from some idiot we should not get involved.... We are held accountable before the Lord for taking care of the widow and the orphan.... Call your county services they will step in and help them!....

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You call the senior services and the county board of mr/dd in your county. You say what you just said and they will either tell you where to call or open a case for them....

I do want to COMMEND YOU.... WE ARE OUR BROTHER'S KEEPER, and I read on another post from some idiot we should not get involved.... We are held accountable before the Lord for taking care of the widow and the orphan.... Call your county services they will step in and help them!....
You obviously have not followed the entire post history for this thread so I conclude that you really have no idea what you are talking about. You are right about our brother's keeper though, but even then there are practical considerations. County services may or may not provide help as it depends on there being available funds, manpower, facilities, and other concerns as well. If those that are in need of help refuse the help then it becomes problematic.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
You obviously have not followed the entire post history for this thread so I conclude that you really have no idea what you are talking about. You are right about our brother's keeper though, but even then there are practical considerations. County services may or may not provide help as it depends on there being available funds, manpower, facilities, and other concerns as well. If those that are in need of help refuse the help then it becomes problematic.
okay....

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I totally forgot to update this because I wasn't active then for a while, but just to let you guys know that soon after we prayed, the neighbor was moved into a suitable health care facility. She was moved there long ago and is doing okay. Thanks for praying.