You guys!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MegMarch

I’m going through a process of Godly healing from past pain and trauma to overcome toxic cycles. I’ve only just begun, but it has already been life changing. I’m experiencing so much freedom from fear and pain. I’m so excited for what this means for the future of my relationships, and a future partnership. Has anyone else gone through a similar process in their single, or even married, journey?

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I think what you're going through is a very natural part of living thanks to God's grace. I go through that kind of Godly healing myself from time to time, turning completely hopeless situations into absolute triumph. Godspeed.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I’m going through a process of Godly healing from past pain and trauma to overcome toxic cycles. I’ve only just begun, but it has already been life changing. I’m experiencing so much freedom from fear and pain. I’m so excited for what this means for the future of my relationships, and a future partnership. Has anyone else gone through a similar process in their single, or even married, journey?
I sure am happy for you! Freedom from pain and trauma can be another way of saying "I accept and give my total faith in You, oh God Who was and is and Who will forever be". I"m excited for you too!

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Not sure what cycle I'm going through, but it is pretty exciting. It's like I'm on ship with just a sail and just waiting for the wind to pick up, so I know what direction I'm going.

Glad your in a good mood! Cheers!

That's hilarious!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
yea

I find that you reach a certain point in your journey that the past is left so far behind that it doesnt come up anymore. Because God has healed you and its dealt with it hasnt got a hold on you.

so you dont have to remind or warn people 'Ive been cheated, lied too, abused, and am damaged, and anything could trigger me' And you dont need live in fear of the past coming back to haunt you.

when the Israelites crossed over the Red Sea they knew the Egyptians couldnt come after them. They were safe. But there is a second crossing that they needed to make, over the River Jordan. Thats when they really came in to the promised land.

so if youve crossed over, congrats.

Thank you Lord Jesus for setting the captives free, that we can walk in our freedom.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Yes, after my marriage ended, I wanted to deal with everything that was unhealthy in my life. I learned a lot about myself, unlearned some unhealthy habits, and permanently dealt with some rotten roots. I know I'm the same person, but much more free than I was.

All glory to God. :)

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Glad to hear! Learning those things about ourselves is never easy or fun to look at. But sometimes things come to a point where you have to do something.
Yes, it can be hard, but boy, is it freeing! I continue to reflect on things that I have done and ways that I have thought and glad I am at a different place than then.
Those things can still try to raise their ugly heads at times...so...I am still learning.

Good thoughts/questions!

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I submit to God and know His timing is perfect.

Matthew 6:33
King James Version
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Proud of you MegMarch! Keep seeking the Holy Spirit.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Yes!
I'm going through yet another level of healing and change. It's been a long process thus far (a lifetime tbh) but especially the last few years.
I thought I knew God. I have learned so much about the Lord's true nature and myself in this period. Learning to be still and put ALL of my trust in Him and His impeccable timing has been difficult...but such a big step in growth. I can honestly say that my eyes and ears are open to the ways He has moved in my life...even when I thought He wasn't there. I found out, I was the one that was M.I.A.

Every single one of us, no matter the flaws or how unworthy we let the devil make us think we are, God has greater things in store!
Thank you for your post! God heals and uses the broken to speak the testimony of His power and share the hope we find only in Jesus to reach others in similar places. He is so good, so able when we are not!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

I am so happy to hear your good news, Meg!

John 10:27-28 :)

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Yes!
I'm going through yet another level of healing and change. It's been a long process thus far (a lifetime tbh) but especially the last few years.
I thought I knew God. I have learned so much about the Lord's true nature and myself in this period. Learning to be still and put ALL of my trust in Him and His impeccable timing has been difficult...but such a big step in growth. I can honestly say that my eyes and ears are open to the ways He has moved in my life...even when I thought He wasn't there. I found out, I was the one that was M.I.A.

Every single one of us, no matter the flaws or how unworthy we let the devil make us think we are, God has greater things in store!
Thank you for your post! God heals and uses the broken to speak the testimony of His power and share the hope we find only in Jesus to reach others in similar places. He is so good, so able when we are not!
We all are a work in progress. I agree it’s so important to put all our trust and fully surrender in Him. I also have learned my plans might not be His plans. I pray Jesus will have His way in all of us. Thank you for sharing your healing and changes as well. It’s so awesome to see confirmations of how God can work in all of us.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
We all are a work in progress. I agree it’s so important to put all our trust and fully surrender in Him. I also have learned my plans might not be His plans. I pray Jesus will have His way in all of us. Thank you for sharing your healing and changes as well. It’s so awesome to see confirmations of how God can work in all of us.
Yeah... I've realized I'm more hard headed than I thought when it comes to my plans verses His plans. I've learned that tough love is actually self inflicted. 😏