You have a million dollars to spend, what would you do ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
That is certainly a worthwhile ministry.
well, its just what librarians do...

Last month I was raising money for blind and low vision families to have books I dont think in total we got up to one million but hey if anyone has a cool million sitting around doing nothing and wants to give to a good cause, they can google Great Kiwi Bookathon and donate.

This month there is also a fundraiser for the Bible Society to have Bibles translated into more languages, I would support that too if I had spare cash.

Apparently Bill and Melinda Gates gave heaps of their fortune to funding computers usage etc but its a drop in the bucket compared to whats actually needed for everyone to become literate. If they put their money where their mouth is they would do more for libraries, and spend it on books and the means of distitributing those books like Dolly Parton does with her Imagination Library

techo gadgets are all well and good but like the walkman, the ipod and the vhs video tape they all become obsolete after a few years unlike a good book

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
but they will also learn computers at the same time...hmmm ok
True. But in a controlled fashion. There are still useful things to know how to do on the computer.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Id buy a trained tap dancing attack bear and id name it "Pookie".

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Pay off college loan debt and buy something that will make me more money.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I found out I had $56 to spend in reward points. I am hoping to spend it on books.

Too bad I dont have $999944.
If I did I would probably buy the entire business.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I found out I had $56 to spend in reward points. I am hoping to spend it on books.

Too bad I dont have $999944.
If I did I would probably buy the entire business.
I justified buying waaaaaay too many books during the peak of Covid shutdown, when we didn't have access to the library.
No regrets! :)