You have answers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi and welcome to the fellowship at CC. God led you to the right site as there are many different topics going on at the forums here, or you can start a thread yourself:). God blless you!

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
We may not have answers but we are happy to walk along the journey and learn together. Welcome here. :)

Tenebris

Apr 25, 2020
I am tending to as one would say stray from the path. My friend died recently and they weren’t religious, it’s made me take a step back and look and I realized god is lazy and and cruel. I sit here on earth as past family members and friends burn in hell, tortured for all eternity because god needs his ego stroked to give you a ticket to heaven

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I am tending to as one would say stray from the path. My friend died recently and they weren’t religious, it’s made me take a step back and look and I realized god is lazy and and cruel. I sit here on earth as past family members and friends burn in hell, tortured for all eternity because god needs his ego stroked to give you a ticket to heaven
Hi Tenebris. First I am sorry for your loss of your friend. That is a lot of pain. A few years back I lost my best friend to brain cancer. There are no words to say in the face of that sort of grief.
I would like to say a couple of things about God. It is easy to think that God is good and kind when our life is good and we are happy, but on a day when we are blessed and happy, someone else has lost a job or home of loved one. Some days it is us in trouble. I have learned to lean on what is true about God's nature. He is love, and he is the home of justice. We only understand so little about him. Please know that nothing unjust will happen. I know that right now it feels hard to understand His love in the middle of your pain. People will say all sorts of things to you and they often come out of our simple and flawed understanding. I am only a simple person myself. All I know to be true is his character. If it is OK with you I will pray that God would wrap you in His love, comfort you in your grief and walk with you so you can see his heart. I may not know much but in the midst of my sorrow he held me. I hope it is OK if you would permit me to pray for you.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Did you ever make an effort to share the Gospel truth with you Friend?

God needs to provide Atonement for peoples sin justly and no corruptly.. God is perfect and cannot compromise that perfection in any area.. God needs people to believe Him and trust in the atonement He provided to justly redeem them..

K

kaylagrl

You say you are unsure as to your belief in God. Were you ever sure? Is this a crisis of faith? How do you know your friend didn't go to heaven? In what manner do you think God is lazy,cruel and egotistical?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I am so sad to hear about your loss, clearly he/she meant a great deal to you.

Death happened to the very son of God too; yes, He loved us that much. He not only gave us His own but also allowed horrible and cruel treatment to happen to him at the hands of mankind.

Jesus Christ, the very nature of the invisible God, humbled Himself to serve us. Heavens no, He is not egotistical.

Why did He do that? Because He wants our fellowship. The God of all desires an invested and intimate relationship with each of us. He loves us so much.

Since the dawn of our time, He has been working. He is the opposite of lazy.

WOW!!!

He created us, forgiven us and even dwells in us.

Yes there is suffering and death on this earth. Faith in God does not ensure a problem free life on this earth, but it sure does give us the grace to carry on amongst the valley of death.

Please consider taking your hurt and anger to God Himself. Have a good heart to heart. No earthly person can give you the answers and healing you are looking for. Let Him work in You.

Lord, we come before You, thanking You for all You do and are. We ask that you forgive any unbelief that we may have. Please, reveal Your mighty healing Glory in the life of this hurting and angry one. Bring him comfort and peace amongst the grieving. Open the eyes of His heart, please I ask. Thank You, for I believe You are already working.

Nov 26, 2012
That’s like saying we are trapped in a building on fire. The owner of the building sent his son to go rescue everyone. He ran in, up and down the halls, telling everyone to follow him to safety. Not only did many ignore the alarms and his warnings but some struck him and told him to shut up so they could go back to sleep. Although he suffered burns and beatings he still saved all he could. So if the people decide to stay in the building should they be pitied? God didn’t set the building on fire, we did. He tried to save us by sending His Son. First death is inevitable. Second death is our choice. Whether you think that’s evil is dependent on your perspective.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You need to take another step back and realize your thoughts on God do not align with Scripture.

:)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Ok one more, I hope you do not object, here on your thread...