You Will Know Them By Their Fruits.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Those planted by the Maker, our Father, will produce viable and good. Those planted by the enemy will produce nothing.

E

EleventhHour

Fruits as an analogy is not always a direct and only reference to fruits of the Spirit.

Dec 12, 2013
The context of that verse is false teachers....this has been explained like 20 times.......!

Dec 12, 2013
Disciples of Jesus are known by their fruit.
Jesus was speaking to HIS DISCIPLES and said THEY (FALSE TEACHERS) shall be known by their fruit.

We cannot disregard context to hang a personal view or idea on a scripture to make a point the bible is not making.

May 19, 2020
Jesus was speaking to HIS DISCIPLES and said THEY (FALSE TEACHERS) shall be known by their fruit.

We cannot disregard context to hang a personal view or idea on a scripture to make a point the bible is not making.

I am a disciple of Jesus....a disciple of Jesus bears fruit.

May 19, 2020
Jesus dwells within a believers heart....as time goes on we become more like Jesus,our character changes our minds are renewed,we submit our will to that of the Lords.

We should be a shining light for our Lord Jesus....if behaviour doesn’t change in a believer,....I doubt they were ever saved.

You shall know them by their fruit....

May 19, 2020
Our character is to be more and more like Jesus,as we grow in Christ....a dramatic change happens when one is born again.....

May 19, 2020
But the fruit of the Spirit is love,joy,peace,patience,kindness,goodness,faithfulness,gentleness and self control.
Against such things there is no law.
Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.
Since we live by the Spirit,let us keep in step with the Spirit.
Let us not become conceited,provoking and envying each other.

Jul 20, 2019
and the fruit isn't necessarily some huge prophetic journey, sometimes its just a personal relationship with Jesus/God, but more importantly in this case, its your focus, your rejection of the world, your lack of compromise (its all or nothing total focus on the lord, or the world, you cant have both) its your behaviour towards others and much more.

May 19, 2020
The Vine and the Branches.

I am the true vine,and my Father is the gardener.
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit,while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
Remain in me,and I will remain in you.
No branch can bear fruit by itself ,it must remain in the Vine.
Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
I am the Vine,you are the Branches.
If a man remains in me and I in him,he will bear much fruit,apart from me you can do nothing.

Read the Vine and the Branches John 15.

May 19, 2020
and the fruit isn't necessarily some huge prophetic journey, sometimes its just a personal relationship with Jesus/God, but more importantly in this case, its your focus, your rejection of the world, your lack of compromise (its all or nothing total focus on the lord, or the world, you cant have both) its your behaviour towards others and much more.

Amen...for me a personal relationship with Jesus...total focus on the Lord...not the world..God wants my behaviour to change towards others and it is...thanks to him.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I am a disciple of Jesus....a disciple of Jesus bears fruit.
This is also true. It's just that the title was referring to a specific passage, and that passage is about discerning false prophets.

Dec 28, 2016
Good topic @jackrosie.

For anyone relegating bearing bad fruit as only belonging to false teachers "in context?" That's a bit of a short-sighted take some hold to and is possibly implemented to cover ones own poor behavior, bad fruit, malice, mockery, slander, ridicule, lying and the like. "I'm not a false teacher, so my poor behavior is OK, because I'm saved, so, it's all good!!" Not that some of their teachings aren't erroneous, mind you, because that is also there, especially this truncated "gospel" of mere "believe-ism."

So as the old saying says; "Not so fast" with the relegating it only to false teachers "in context." :)

Some, with these things in mind, rather all, ought to take a look at Luke 6:43-45.

43 "For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit,

44 for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thornbushes, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush.

45 The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

And this as well, for those who lack this self control, which is a fruit of the Spirit, and seemingly perpetually bear bad fruit as described formerly, the Holy Spirit speaks yet again in James 1:26:

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

May 19, 2020
Sorry...the OP...should have read The Fruit Of The Spirit......my mistake.

May 19, 2020
Good topic @jackrosie.

For anyone relegating bearing bad fruit as only belonging to false teachers "in context?" That's a bit of a short-sighted take some hold to and is possibly implemented to cover ones own poor behavior, bad fruit, malice, mockery, slander, ridicule, lying and the like. "I'm not a false teacher, so my poor behavior is OK, because I'm saved, so, it's all good!!" Not that some of their teachings aren't erroneous, mind you, because that is also there, especially this truncated "gospel" of mere "believe-ism."

So as the old saying says; "Not so fast" with the relegating it only to false teachers "in context." :)

Some, with these things in mind, rather all, ought to take a look at Luke 6:43-45.

43 "For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit,

44 for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thornbushes, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush.

45 The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

And this as well, for those who lack this self control, which is a fruit of the Spirit, and seemingly perpetually bear bad fruit as described formerly, the Holy Spirit speaks yet again in James 1:26:

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Excellent post....preacher!!......Amen!

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.