Young and Old

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Riding a bike downhill makes me feel like a dumb kid. I love it.

What makes me old: everything else. I've been forty since age six.

M

MegMarch

Riding a bike downhill makes me feel like a dumb kid. I love it.

What makes me old: everything else. I've been forty since age six.
You really are an old soul. Wise beyond your years.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
A bunch of us old goats still get together and do this every week. (Frank is 21 years older than me.)

Great moves….I used to study at Biloxi, AFB electronics and ssb radio procedures… I also let my hair down in Gulgport...God bless you, and all there with you.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

What makes me feel young again is music,dancing and laughter,laughter,laughter!
Makes me feel old to think about the past!
FB_IMG_1574248767473.jpg

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I'm probably too old for cliff jumping, but I went cliff jumping at Rick's Cafe in Jamaica earlier this year. I feel young on vacation. :cool:

I'm too young to be falling asleep on the couch in the early evening hours while watching TV before I go to bed. :giggle:

CGYager

Nov 17, 2019
At 65, the young side would be the wonder of Christmas and working out. The old side... takes a bit longer to get up off the ground. ;)

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
The young side of me likes sci fi, comics, Disney world and allowing myself to fall into a book and suspend all disbelief to just enjoy the story. The older side is the analytical person who sees things with an eye to caution, knowing that the nature of man goes towards love of self, and working for justice for the oppressed. The older side has sat at the bedside of patients that had no one to be with them as they passed away, or sat with grieving parents. The older side of me deals with pain in the night and the younger has hope for joy in the morning, reveling in the beauty of a new day. As long as there is faith and hope and humour the light will always win.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
What are some things you find yourself doing that are old or young for your age?

For myself, my dad jokes as a teacher clearly age me, although I'm sure they are well received, while recklessly considering cliff jumping makes me feel 12 again.
My hair started turning gray at an early age, I started getting a senior discounts without even asking for it.

Nov 20, 2019
I routinely feel old for my age. I listen to old music, watch old shows, enjoy old movies, read old books, and find myself talking to people at least twenty years older than myself. In my teenage years, peopled called me old all the time, and always thought I was older than my brother, who is four years my senior.

Because I matured so quickly, I have to consciously look for things that make me feel young. I feel young in the summertime, when I go barefoot and go running across the fields, just to feel the ground under my feet and the wind in my hair.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
What are some things you find yourself doing that are old or young for your age?

For myself, my dad jokes as a teacher clearly age me, although I'm sure they are well received, while recklessly considering cliff jumping makes me feel 12 again.
Old...I have afternoon naps
Young ...I read picture books. To children but sometimes I actually read them for myself.