Young & Older Christians

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Andycross

Member
May 14, 2013
49
1
8
I'm finding that because of not being here regular or not talking on the mic, some seem to look at me as as a young Christian.
Ok people dont know me, they dont hear me much, but the difference between a Younger christian and an older one maybe experience, but all the same in the fathers eyes.
It seems if a topic is brought up its looked at like, Oh we don't see him he must be a younger christian, we need to break things down because he wont understand what I'm explaining.
In many ways in life we tend to categorise people as soon as we see them, we look at how there dressed, how they Talk, how they type, but to back it up do they see there foundation, Have they seen they faith & heart in Christ? No.
Some of these things Could only be seen in Christ.
 
Except for a little overlap the charters and the forum users are two separate groups.
I've used the chats on and off for years. I have never been one to use the mic, nor have I ever been accused if being a young Christian because of it. Same goes with not being a regular. Not seen anyone else accused of that either. Has anyone directly said that about you? Was it one person or did multiple people say it?
 
I'm finding that because of not being here regular or not talking on the mic, some seem to look at me as as a young Christian.
Ok people dont know me, they dont hear me much, but the difference between a Younger christian and an older one maybe experience, but all the same in the fathers eyes.
It seems if a topic is brought up its looked at like, Oh we don't see him he must be a younger christian, we need to break things down because he wont understand what I'm explaining.
In many ways in life we tend to categorise people as soon as we see them, we look at how there dressed, how they Talk, how they type, but to back it up do they see there foundation, Have they seen they faith & heart in Christ? No.
Some of these things Could only be seen in Christ.

Consider spending time in the forums so the other regular forum peeps can see who you are and what you're about. I believe that your observation is correct in that a lot of people tend to stereo-type others after only a single impression.
 
I'm finding that because of not being here regular or not talking on the mic, some seem to look at me as as a young Christian.
Ok people dont know me, they dont hear me much, but the difference between a Younger christian and an older one maybe experience, but all the same in the fathers eyes.
It seems if a topic is brought up its looked at like, Oh we don't see him he must be a younger christian, we need to break things down because he wont understand what I'm explaining.
In many ways in life we tend to categorise people as soon as we see them, we look at how there dressed, how they Talk, how they type, but to back it up do they see there foundation, Have they seen they faith & heart in Christ? No.
Some of these things Could only be seen in Christ.
No, not directly. But as you say they are two different groups.
Always looking at a bigger picture when bringing things up, others seem to start breaking it down. Now I can understand that if others are there and it needs breaking down, but if its a direct question then surly they need to know at what level there at to answer.
 
No, not directly. But as you say they are two different groups.
Always looking at a bigger picture when bringing things up, others seem to start breaking it down. Now I can understand that if others are there and it needs breaking down, but if its a direct question then surly they need to know at what level there at to answer.
Do you want some kind of sign to display to see what level someone is at? And, if that's it, who decides what level someone is? I've been a believer for decades and yet between being a slow learner and backsliding, even I can't tell you what level I've reached.
 
Consider spending time in the forums so the other regular forum peeps can see who you are and what you're about. I believe that your observation is correct in that a lot of people tend to stereo-type others after only a single impression.
That happens all the time.
 
Do you want some kind of sign to display to see what level someone is at? And, if that's it, who decides what level someone is? I've been a believer for decades and yet between being a slow learner and backsliding, even I can't tell you what level I've reached.
I guess thats just up account of knowing who you are then
In Christ that is
 
I'm finding that because of not being here regular or not talking on the mic, some seem to look at me as a young Christian.
Ok people dont know me, they dont hear me much, but the difference between a Younger christian and an older one maybe experience, but all the same in the fathers eyes.
It seems if a topic is brought up its looked at like, Oh we don't see him he must be a younger christian, we need to break things down because he wont understand what I'm explaining.
In many ways in life we tend to categorise people as soon as we see them, we look at how there dressed, how they Talk, how they type, but to back it up do they see there foundation, Have they seen they faith & heart in Christ? No.
Some of these things Could only be seen in Christ.

Uh...technically they're wrong. You're three times older than me...
 
Last edited:
Yeah, really... I'm all tore up over not getting to hear you on the mic.

Where you been?
 
Uh...technically they're wrong. You're three times older than me...
Ohhh!
5142.gif


Just give me my rocking chair, why doncha?
4312.gif


(I feel sooooo old now. lol)
 
Uh...technically they're wrong. You're three times older than me...
As some one mentioned you can be Older in the Spirit, People are so held back with there troubles in life & have hangups over the things they've gone though. If you have come to Christ at this age, Hey you beat me already. Now God may open many doors for you in such a short time, and beyond those doors are many more. :)