Your first car

  • Thread starter Thread starter 3Scoreand10
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
3

3Scoreand10

Guest
Tell us about your first car.

My first car was a 1949 Chevy just like the one pictured here.
I bought it in 1959 when I was 15 for $125.
My dad worked for the local Ford dealer and it was a trade in for a new Ford.
It was a one owner with 38,000 miles and looked new.
The dealer let my dad have it for what he had invested in it.
0202_05zoom+1949_chevrolet_deluxe+rear_left_view.jpg
 
This was my first car. '53 Studebaker. $150 used. 118 mph, 30 mpg, (it had an overdrive three on the tree, and "sorta, bucket seats."

1953-1954-studebaker-champion-regal-starlight-starliner-1.jpg
 
Tell us about your first car.

My first car was a 1949 Chevy just like the one pictured here.
I bought it in 1959 when I was 15 for $125.
My dad worked for the local Ford dealer and it was a trade in for a new Ford.
It was a one owner with 38,000 miles and looked new.
The dealer let my dad have it for what he had invested in it.
View attachment 128456

I wouldnt mind having that now!! NICE!! I actually really like the oldies but goodies. Id restore t to do what it needs to do on the highways of our modern day.
 
I don't even think they have any pics on the web of my first car ...a Pontiac ventura ...70 ish ... kinda like a odd looking Nova :)

Primer...back before primer was cool
 
I haven't had that many cars. Twenty, I think. But I've owned 46 or 47 motorcycles. I have a Honda Goldwing right now.
 
My first real (full size) motorcycle looked a lot like this. It was a wallowing pig, but I loved it.
4350971157_35a9304910.jpg
 
My first car was purchased in 1973 for $300. It was a 1967 Dodge Polara convertible and looks just like this photo.
 
IMG_20150609_130528_462.jpg

kinda fell into this bike ...my bosses wife didn't want him to have it and it was taking up room in her garage ...I had him all the way :)
 
My first car was a 1968 Pontiac Grand Prix. Bought it for $200. It was about 4 different colors when I bought it from different repairs it had undergone. The first thing I did was sand it all down and spray it with grey primer. It took about 12 rattle cans to get the whole thing done.

But it was 1986 or 1987 so those 12 cans were only about $20.

It had a 428 ci engine and an auto trans with a floor shifter. I bought some mag wheels (5 spoke chrome) for it, but I could only afford 2 at a time so I put them on the rear.

Then one night I tried to see how fast it would go. I got up to 125 when I started hearing a loud clacking noise. The higher the rpm the louder the noise. I pulled the engine apart, over about a 2-3 month period, and found I had spun a rod bearing. It ruined the crank shaft and the rod.

I tried to re-build the engine myself, being only 17, with a chilton manual and my dads tools. I used the bumper jack that came with car, tire chains, and a 2x4 against the wall to pull the engine out. A cherry picker cost too much.

I put everything back together with new rods, rings, crank shaft and gaskets. But it wouldn't crank over. I ended up towing it to the junk yard.

My next car was a 1970 Plymouth RoadRunner with a 440 ci engine. That car was awesome....