Your PRAYER time!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
How is YOUR prayer life? Not for me to know but for you to examine! Do you say the little" Now I lay me down to sleep,or God is great,God is good"? Even just repeating the "Lord's Prayer isn't really praying,this is a model of HOW we should pray! Jesus PRAYED often and much and He is the Son of God! When I see anger,hateful words,name calling,derogative statements,slander and almost swearing....... I wonder to that person," What's your prayer life like"? Daniel prayed morning,noon and evening,and WOW not a lion even licked him! Please examine your intimacy with the Father,for this is what prayer time is ....thank you. In Christ Jesus love!💖💖💖

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Intimacy, yes yes yes. Thank you for the encouragement. Oh I love the example of David. For me, I just talk to Him. The more challenging part of my conversations with Him is listening.

G

Godsgirl83

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

It's funny, but some of the prayers that are answered (or not, "no" is STILL an answer) quickest are the ones that are short and simple.
"Lord help! I can't find xyz" and then He leads to where it is:)
Talking with Him..... so sweet, so simple, so easy.
but as pointed out in CharliRenee's above post, there is another part of prayer:
LISTENING.......
and with that, I too am still learning.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Jude 4-21This letter was written to make us aware those who have never followed after God. They came and still come in many disguises! We are exhorted to v( 20) .......BUILDING UP YOURSELVES ON YOUR, MOST HOLY FAITH,PRAYING IN THE HOLY GHOST! Everything we do must be done under His direction and leadership! It is so sweet to just talk to Jesus,the Son,knowing the Father is listening! 💖💖💖

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
I truly hope PRAYER can be the focus of this thread,a time of sharing your thoughts on how you talk to and LISTEN to God! Yes listening is a part of our prayer life. Jesus said" ask and it shall be given,seek and ye shall find"! God NEVER lies! We must not ask amiss,it can be simple,short to the point if FAITH is exercised! Yes sometimes the answer is " no" and sometimes the enemy must hinders our answers! We must NOT waver if we ALWAYS seek His WILL! Blessings! 💖💖💖

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Adam and Eves grandson,Enos, born of Seth in Gen.4:26 ,states .....then began men to call upon the name of the Lord! 💖💖💖

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Intimacy, yes yes yes. Thank you for the encouragement. Oh I love the example of David. For me, I just talk to Him. The more challenging part of my conversations with Him is listening.
Ah, i love to listen to the Lord... sometimes it's the obeying that gets in the way=)=(. But i have been learning to pray without ceasing too. When before i also liked to sing, now i intentionally make the singing prayer time as well, thanks be to God.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Romans 8:26-Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities;for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered! It doesn't take eloquence or formal long rambling prayers to touch God's heart! Even the groaning of the Holy Spirit convey our needs to the Father! 💖💖💖

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Ah, i love to listen to the Lord... sometimes it's the obeying that gets in the way=)=(. But i have been learning to pray without ceasing too. When before i also liked to sing, now i intentionally make the singing prayer time as well, thanks be to God.
Much of the Psalms are prayers attributed to David and they were sung! Blessings Amen!💖💖💖

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Rev.5:8......................................fell down before the Lamb,having everyone of them harps,and golden vials full of odours,WHICH ARE THE PRAYERS OF THE SAINTS! Oh how rich to know that EVERY prayer we have uttered has been sealed in golden vials,stored in heaven! Rev.8:3/4.......................and the smoke of the INCENSE ,with the prayers of the saints,went up before God out of the angels hand! Praise Jesus,Thank you Lord! OUR PRAYERS ARE PRECIOUS TO THE LORD! 💖💖💖

Sep 3, 2016
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says, "16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

This can only be done if the Believers Faith is placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won, i.e., "The Blood of Jesus."

Failure to live this way (Rom. 8:2) or understand this truth in its righteous context of the Spirit ( Proverbs 8:7-8, 2 Cor. 3:6), the works of the flesh will manifest (Gal. 5:19-21)! Further more, Jesus said even though you may have a name that people see you as a righteous man or woman, YOU ARE DEAD (Rev. 3:1). 2 Tim. 3:5-7

Jesus said, "Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found your works perfect before God (Rev. 3:2), i.e., you must come back to the Cross, or you will lose your way completely; because of dead FAITH!

K

Karraster

Good topic and one I need to continually remember. Nothing is too small to talk to Him about. He says, "cast our cares upon Him for He cares for us.." I love that verse. Then I looked up the surrounding verses. So powerful.

1Peter 5;6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 10But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 11To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Sep 3, 2016
If it's not Faith in Christ and what He did for us at the Cross, then it's Faith that God will not recognize. The apostle says, "Christ shall profit you nothing" (Gal. 5:2). He says, "Christ is become of no effect unto you" (Gal. 5:4). THAT INCLUDES YOUR PRAYERS!

That's the terrible problem that affixes itself to most Christians. They are trusting in things other than the Cross, making Christ of no effect. This guarantees spiritual failure. In fact, when the believer do this, they fall from Grace. In other words, the goodness of God, which, in effect, is the Grace of God, can no longer be extended to such Christians. The end result of such a position is bleak indeed!

Our battle is not against acts of sin, but the fight is to keep our Faith in who Christ is and what He did on the Cross, so we stay in His death, burial, and resurrection and are, therefore, victorious. That is the only way we are triumphant in Christ (II Cor. 2:14). And that is the only way He can work in us both to will (change our desires), and to do (give us the power of the Holy Spirit) (Phil. 2:13), so we can overcome sin. This is the only way believers can yield themselves as God’s servants (slaves) of obedience instead of being slaves to sin unto death (Rom. 6:16).

Remember, the scripture tells us in Acts 10 that Cornelius:
Was a devout man (but unsaved)
Who feared God with all his house (but unsaved)
Gave much alms to the people (but unsaved)

And PRAYED to God ALWAYS (but unsaved)
Saw in a vision (but unsaved)
An Angel of God came to him (but unsaved)

The Angel knew his name (but yet, unsaved)

All these things were wonderful, and certainly noticed by the Lord; but they did not save the man, even as they do not save anyone now; being religious does not constitute Salvation; there must be an acceptance of Christ and His Finished Work, if one is to be saved as Cornelius and all of his house did by hearing and believing the Gospel in its truth and righteous context from Peter. (John 3:16; Rom. 10:9-10, 13)

Placing your Faith in Christ while ignoring the Cross is another Jesus. 2 Cor. 11:4

JSM

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Often in the early hours of the morning the holy spirit is praying through me with groanings.

Sometimes ask others to pray for me and I hear their prayers on my behalf, and then I pray for them as well.
Otherwise I just talk to God whenever, if somethings on my mind, I will pray, and ask for wisdom. But mostly just listening.

I dont really 'say a little prayer' Aretha Franklin style. Im not that articulate. If its in tongues I dont really know but i just trust the holy spirit is praying and magnifying the Lord.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says, "16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

This can only be done if the Believers Faith is placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won, i.e., "The Blood of Jesus."

Failure to live this way (Rom. 8:2) or understand this truth in its righteous context of the Spirit ( Proverbs 8:7-8, 2 Cor. 3:6), the works of the flesh will manifest (Gal. 5:19-21)! Further more, Jesus said even though you may have a name that people see you as a righteous man or woman, YOU ARE DEAD (Rev. 3:1). 2 Tim. 3:5-7

Jesus said, "Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found your works perfect before God (Rev. 3:2), i.e., you must come back to the Cross, or you will lose your way completely; because of dead FAITH!
WHAT IS THIS IN AIDEOF EXCEPT THE FIRST SCRIPTURE YOU POSTED! YOU NOR ANYONE HERE IS MY JUDGE BUT YOU AND CERTAIN OTHERS THINK YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT! I REBUKE YOU SATAN IN JESUS NAME,AMEN!💖💖💖

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
If it's not Faith in Christ and what He did for us at the Cross, then it's Faith that God will not recognize. The apostle says, "Christ shall profit you nothing" (Gal. 5:2). He says, "Christ is become of no effect unto you" (Gal. 5:4). THAT INCLUDES YOUR PRAYERS!

That's the terrible problem that affixes itself to most Christians. They are trusting in things other than the Cross, making Christ of no effect. This guarantees spiritual failure. In fact, when the believer do this, they fall from Grace. In other words, the goodness of God, which, in effect, is the Grace of God, can no longer be extended to such Christians. The end result of such a position is bleak indeed!

Our battle is not against acts of sin, but the fight is to keep our Faith in who Christ is and what He did on the Cross, so we stay in His death, burial, and resurrection and are, therefore, victorious. That is the only way we are triumphant in Christ (II Cor. 2:14). And that is the only way He can work in us both to will (change our desires), and to do (give us the power of the Holy Spirit) (Phil. 2:13), so we can overcome sin. This is the only way believers can yield themselves as God’s servants (slaves) of obedience instead of being slaves to sin unto death (Rom. 6:16).

Remember, the scripture tells us in Acts 10 that Cornelius:
Was a devout man (but unsaved)
Who feared God with all his house (but unsaved)
Gave much alms to the people (but unsaved)

And PRAYED to God ALWAYS (but unsaved)
Saw in a vision (but unsaved)
An Angel of God came to him (but unsaved)

The Angel knew his name (but yet, unsaved)

All these things were wonderful, and certainly noticed by the Lord; but they did not save the man, even as they do not save anyone now; being religious does not constitute Salvation; there must be an acceptance of Christ and His Finished Work, if one is to be saved as Cornelius and all of his house did by hearing and believing the Gospel in its truth and righteous context from Peter. (John 3:16; Rom. 10:9-10, 13)

Placing your Faith in Christ while ignoring the Cross is another Jesus. 2 Cor. 11:4

JSM[/QUOTE
You are NOT instructional quoting scripture is easy even Satan can do this! Judge NOT lest he be judged!💖💖💖

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Ep.6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,and watching,thereunto with all perserverance and supplication for all saints! 💖💖💖

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Is.64:24 And it shall come to pass,that BEFORE THEY CALL,I WILL ANSWER;and while they are yet speaking,I WILL HEAR. Oh how precious is His whole word! God knows every intent of our heart,He knows our needs,and even our desires before we come before Him! How much more boldly should we ask Him to keep those things that we have committed into Him. Our SPIRITUAL,EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL needs He alone can meet even as we are yet speaking them! Praise Jesus!💖💖💖

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Think he was meaning the prayers of the proud are an abomination, God doesnt hear them.

See Proverbs 28:9

Its like when children nag their parents and ask for this and that, like gimmee gimmeee or can I? And dont even say please or thank you. GOd doesnt answer those. If you being selfish, and not listeningto Him, God wont hear it or reward that.