Your righteousness or Jesus righteousness?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
It's of utmost importance for the church to see ourselves as God sees us because of Christ and that we are one with Him now in our spirit - the new person in Christ created in righteousness and holiness ( it is in fact a reality now in this life )

Romans 8:10 (NASB)
[SUP]10 [/SUP] If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.


Learning how to live from our true selves in Christ now is paramount and to "awake to righteousness".. as this will cause sin to fall off us like dead leaves on a tree - effortlessly.

This is a great teaching about this for those that like to watch videos.


[video=youtube;t_xs2RwU9MU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_xs2RwU9MU[/video]
 
❤️For as by one man’s disobedience (Adam) many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s (Jesus) obedience many will be made righteous (Rom 5:19)
Jesus became sin at the cross so that today you and I can become the righteousness of God in Christ❤️
 
There is nothing we can do or say to earn it. However, God chooses who He gives it to, and He chooses to give it to those who seek Him and obey Him. If you realize you are drowning with the danger of a shark approaching, do you not seek out a life preserver? And if you do, is it enough to see it and believe in it? Or must you go to it and put it on? Faith without deeds is dead. Jesus shares His righteousness with us IF we are in Him and remain in Him. He said we must take up our cross daily and follow Him- this is action, not belief alone.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son...

The gospel is for all of us.. Whoever believes in his name.. Sure the Lord knows who's going to believe in him but we don't... we are to share the good news with the world. It's not for us to preach that few will be saved but to preach the good news and watch the truth do that which it's sent out to do :)
 
You mainly just hear about "guys" talk about battling with lust, but I'm hearing more and more testimonies from women that they have their fair share of battles with lust as well.

Yes...they can be a "shoe in " for lusting just like other human type people...there are so many kinds of lusting too eh? We all need to awake to righteousness that is our true self in Christ.
 
Last edited:
You mainly just hear about "guys" talk about battling with lust, but I'm hearing more and more testimonies from women that they have their fair share of battles with lust as well.

Yep.. I think it just isn't spoke about much.. Unfair on dudes really, we are just as bad. Take it from me.. A once was haha! I'm all shiny and new now though... :)
 
Hey there.. Yes I totally get where your coming from.. I struggled with this too for a long time.. Like how can I be sinless.. I just cussed at that person.. Or I lusted after that dude in church haha... The truth is if I am in Christ then I am a new creation (2 corinthians 5:17) So all the thoughts and all these things that I do are no longer my nature... If sin was our birth nature because of Adam it wasn't something I did but it was who I was... But now in Christ because of his obedience (Romans 5:19) I am right with God. So all sin that comes against me is a lie... Not that I will never mess up, that's not what I'm saying... But that it no longer has any hold on me whatsoever.. In the eyes of our father we are "sinless" because of the finished work :) xx

Exactly. To say I am sinless after I cuss at a person (to use your example) is impossible to me. I can see that I am a new creation because I would have just rolled right over them in the past and never given it another thought, unless it was to congratulate myself for defending myself. But because I am a new creation, I DO give it thought and I am sorry and repent of it and go to Him for the help I need.

So I can see the new creation part. I just in no way see the sinless now part.

I surely see that I won't face death though.
 
We will continually have the world, the flesh and the devil to contend with while in this earth in these bodies but Jesus has overcome them all.

Sin is in the flesh ( also called the deeds of the body - Romans 8:13 ) but it never touches the righteousness that we have in Christ. We never did a thing to earn this righteousness in Christ. That's why it's called the "gift of righteousness".
 
We just don't have "imputed" righteousness like Abraham did...we have Christ's righteousness imparted into us in our new creation in Christ which Paul said is created in righteousness and holiness. We are "one" spirit with Christ now.

We will never be any more righteous then we are now. We need our minds renewed tot he truth of what Christ has done for us!

The Cross made a difference in a lot of areas of truth to the believer that is in Christ now in this New Covenant which is built on better promises and the blood of Jesus speaks of better things.
 
Last edited:
Gaah!!
I always run into a snag with this in my mind.
I wouldn't run into the problem if I actually WAS sinless.
I don't have the snag with knowing I will not face the just penalty of death for my sins. He finished with that when He died for my sins, so I wouldn't have to face that penalty. That's finished. It brings me great relief.

The place I run into the snag is trying to say, I am sinless. It would just be me lying to myself. I murder in my heart sometimes. I resent. I am very capable of saying I love you while inside I am resenting you and fuming over your selfishness and lack of thankfulness for all I do for you. ("You" being whatever unlovely person He puts before me at the moment - not "you" personally).

I don't have a problem with saying He counts my faith and trust in our Lord and what He has done for me AS righteousness. The problem comes with saying, I am sinless. I cannot do it. I would be lying.

The Key is to speak of who you are "in Christ" -in the Spirit ..not who you are in Adam -in the flesh . Crucified with Christ ..raised with Christ
 
  • Like
Reactions: Grace777x70
2 Corinthians 5:21 (amp)

He made Christ who knew no sin to (judicially) be sin on our behalf, so that in him we would become the righteousness of God (that is we would be made acceptable to him and placed in a right relationship with him by his gracious loving kindness)

So, if we believe in the bible to be the living word of God then we believe this scripture to say that Jesus was made sin for us.. all of us... Every single one of our sins was on him.. right? If every single one of our sins was on him then what does that make us ? Sinless maybe ? Of course! How can Jesus be made sin for us to then have us battle with it everyday?? Does God need to send Jesus back everytime we sin or did he cry out "IT IS FINISHED"?

Brothers and sisters.. This verse tells us that because of Jesus we are made righteous in the eyes of our father.. The word righteous in the original Hebrew text comes from the word "tssaddiq" it means blameless- innocent - just- one in the right.

If we allow this truth to sink into our hearts it will change everything.. The truth is that there is NOTHING that we can do to be accepted by God but to believe in the name of Jesus.. Everything he is became everything we are.. Not the minute we accepted him but the minute he rose again.. It has all been done for the whole of mankind, it's just they don't know it yet..

This my brothers and sisters is the true Gospel of grace.. Jesus Christ and him crucified all because of love... the fathers love for YOU...

Please add scriptures to back this up.. Let's spread the good news :)



We are the righteousness of God in Christ, and God sees us justified, [Just if Id nether sinned], But that doesn't mean we wont sin, as 1 Jn 1: 8 say, If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth isn't in us. An v10 say if we say we have not sinned, we make God a liar.
But v9 say if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive and cleans us from all unrighteousness.
The we are back in the position where God sees us just if we never sinned.


You said,
How can Jesus be made sin for us to then have us battle with it everyday?? Does God need to send Jesus back everytime we sin or did he cry out "IT IS FINISHED"? [End quote].

By the same wounds that Jesus took for our sins, He took for our sicknesses, So we can say the same about sickness, Why should we have to battle with sickness every day, Does Jesus have to be whipped open every time we get sick??. NO.

And just like we have faith for forgiveness, we should have faith for healing.

Forgiveness wasn't complete until Jesus rose from hell and the tomb,1 Cor 15: 17--20
 
Hello brother :) Romans 7:20 says Now if I do what I no longer want to do it is no longer I who do it but sin that's living in me.. We see here that Paul has separated himself from himself.. When we identify that we are no longer us but Christ that lives in us we understand that we have been made new, flesh and spirit being separate from one another.. So yes.. The flesh sins.. but we are no longer of the flesh.. he goes on to say in verse 24 and 25 o wretched man that I am who will free me from this body of death.. Thanks be to God who delivers me through Christ Jesus our Lord.. We have to have the knowledge that flesh and spirit are seperate :) Bless u xx
 
Hello brother :) Romans 7:20 says Now if I do what I no longer want to do it is no longer I who do it but sin that's living in me.. We see here that Paul has separated himself from himself.. When we identify that we are no longer us but Christ that lives in us we understand that we have been made new, flesh and spirit being separate from one another.. So yes.. The flesh sins.. but we are no longer of the flesh.. he goes on to say in verse 24 and 25 o wretched man that I am who will free me from this body of death.. Thanks be to God who delivers me through Christ Jesus our Lord.. We have to have the knowledge that flesh and spirit are seperate :) Bless u xx

But at the same time, there's effort involved in obedience.
 
Yep.. I think it just isn't spoke about much.. Unfair on dudes really, we are just as bad. Take it from me.. A once was haha! I'm all shiny and new now though... :)
(Bummer)

I'm KIDDING...
that was a joke...
stop hitting me! :p

I'm sorry...

~Now then it is no more I that do it,
but sin that dwelleth in me.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh)
dwells no good thing: for to WILL is present with me;
but how to perform that which is good I find not.

For the good that I WOULD (do) I don't do:
but the evil that I would NOT (do), THAT I do.

(my transl.)> Verse20> Now, if I do what I don't want,
it is no more I that does it, but SIN that dwells IN me.
I find then, a law, that when I want to do good,
evil is present WITH me.

For I delight in the law of God after the INWARD man:
But I see another law in my members,
warring against the law of my mind,
and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin
which is in my members.

O wretched man that I am!
Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?!

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. !!!!!!!
So then with the mind, I myself serve the law of God;
but with the flesh, the law of sin.~
~Rom.7:17-25kjv~

Perhaps this is where the expression...
'The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak' came from?

And, of course, always read ahead from verse 7:25
to verse 8:1.....
~There is therefore now NO CONDEMNATION
to them which are in Christ Jesus,
who walk not after the flesh,
but after the Spirit.~

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!
Thank you, Jesus! \:D/
 
2 Corinthians 5:21 (amp)

He made Christ who knew no sin to (judicially) be sin on our behalf, so that in him we would become the righteousness of God (that is we would be made acceptable to him and placed in a right relationship with him by his gracious loving kindness)

So, if we believe in the bible to be the living word of God then we believe this scripture to say that Jesus was made sin for us.. all of us... Every single one of our sins was on him.. right? If every single one of our sins was on him then what does that make us ? Sinless maybe ? Of course! How can Jesus be made sin for us to then have us battle with it everyday?? Does God need to send Jesus back everytime we sin or did he cry out "IT IS FINISHED"?

Brothers and sisters.. This verse tells us that because of Jesus we are made righteous in the eyes of our father.. The word righteous in the original Hebrew text comes from the word "tssaddiq" it means blameless- innocent - just- one in the right.

If we allow this truth to sink into our hearts it will change everything.. The truth is that there is NOTHING that we can do to be accepted by God but to believe in the name of Jesus.. Everything he is became everything we are.. Not the minute we accepted him but the minute he rose again.. It has all been done for the whole of mankind, it's just they don't know it yet..

This my brothers and sisters is the true Gospel of grace.. Jesus Christ and him crucified all because of love... the fathers love for YOU...

Please add scriptures to back this up.. Let's spread the good news :)


Taken to that logical conclusion, you are advocating universalism. If Christ has successfully atoned and bore the wrath of God for "all" of humanity, then no one is under that wrath of God anymore. They have no reason to be given over to eternal punishment.

I would highly suggest you study all that pertains to this issue because using language like this is sloppy and dangerous. Any systematic theology will have a few chapters dealing with it and will give you a good understanding.
I recommend the Systematic Theology by John Frame for a lifetime of good study on this issue and much more.
 
Taken to that logical conclusion, you are advocating universalism. If Christ has successfully atoned and bore the wrath of God for "all" of humanity, then no one is under that wrath of God anymore. They have no reason to be given over to eternal punishment.

I would highly suggest you study all that pertains to this issue because using language like this is sloppy and dangerous. Any systematic theology will have a few chapters dealing with it and will give you a good understanding.
I recommend the Systematic Theology by John Frame for a lifetime of good study on this issue and much more.

Hey there... John 3:16 says for God so loves the world.. Whoever believes in him will have everlasting life.. Jesus died for all of us.. it's when we come to believe in him is and accept his gift of forgiveness and righteousness. Bless u :)
 
We just don't have "imputed" righteousness like Abraham did...we have Christ's righteousness imparted into us in our new creation in Christ which Paul said is created in righteousness and holiness. We are "one" spirit with Christ now.

We will never be any more righteous then we are now. We need our minds renewed tot he truth of what Christ has done for us!

The Cross made a difference in a lot of areas of truth to the believer that is in Christ now in this New Covenant which is built on better promises and the blood of Jesus speaks of better things.

I long for the day when my body matches my redeemed soul. What a day that will be! Death has lost it's sting!
 
We have no righteousness of own selves. It is either imputed or wrought out in us (both are needed)...no room for boasting.