King James authorized bible vs the rest of other bibles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I know someone probably had posted this title before. Just to inform that I had 4 other bibles beside I add the King James version. Should I burn the rest of the 4 because I read on the internet as well youtube that our faith to our Lord will dwindled for using the wrong bibles unless we used the King James version.
maybe we need to refocus on the OP. Will Lailee's faith dwindle if she reads other versions rather than the KJV.
Also why not read both in comparison style?

Mar 18, 2011
maybe we need to refocus on the OP. Will Lailee's faith dwindle if she reads other versions rather than the KJV.
Well, the Alexandrian texts of which the newer versions all use as their basis are laden with gnosticism if that matters. It leaves out passages that the church fathers quoted hundreds of years before the alexandrian texts. Does that matter? they contradict themselves and do as much as they can to reduce the deity of Jesus Christ, does that matter?

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
Do you think that before 1611 there was no Bible?

Of course there were Bibles before 1611.

There was the Geneva, Coverdale, Bishop's, Great Bible, etc. And these English Bibles were translated from the pure line of Hebrew and Greek texts. They were not translated from the tainted and corrupt Vaitcanus and Siniaticus texts.

Were the Pilgrim Fathers wrong who objected to the new modernistic upstart KJV and favored the older Geneva Bible? Why do you favor the KJV over the Geneva Bible?

The Geneva Bible was and still is a great Bible. I know of an acquaintance who has a copy of the Geneva Bible!

But it is not about my preferences. I read and believe the King James Holy Bible because I know and believe that it is the word of God. It is a conviction. The Holy Ghost bears witness to the King James Bible.

The purification of God's holy word was consummated in 1611 with the printing and publishing of the Authorized King James Holy Bible.

You quote Paul in 1 Thessalonians. How can that refer to the KJV? Paul wrote in Greek in the 1st Century AD; there was no English language at all when he wrote 1 Thes.

Sure Paul penned the original autograph of 1 Thessalonians in Greek. In Koine Greek. I understand that.

But today, Greek is a dead langauge, and the language of the end times that is the closest thing to a universal language is English. And God knew that English was going to be the language of the end times, that is why He put His word into the English language.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

Well, the Alexandrian texts of which the newer versions all use as their basis are laden with gnosticism if that matters. It leaves out passages that the church fathers quoted hundreds of years before the alexandrian texts. Does that matter? they contradict themselves and do as much as they can to reduce the deity of Jesus Christ, does that matter?
Generalities don't help. Bring out specific passages using both greek manuscripts and show how one will cause faith to dwindle while the other won't.

Mar 18, 2011
Generalities don't help. Bring out specific passages using both greek manuscripts and show how one will cause faith to dwindle while the other won't.

okay, you don't want to watch youtube clips, you want me to work? fine. How about texts found in Alexandria? after all that's what all new bibles are based off of. That IS the key difference. They are older right? Where were they found? Alexandrian texts= Alexandria. What do we know about that?

Gnosticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GnosticismWikipedia

The age of the Gnostics was highly diverse; they seem to have originated in Alexandria and coexisted with the early Christians until the 4th century AD

(wonder who created those manuscripts in Alexandria 315-350AD) That agree with NOTHING else

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

okay, you don't want to watch youtube clips, you want me to work? fine. How about texts found in Alexandria? after all that's what all new bibles are based off of. That IS the key difference. They are older right? Where were they found? Alexandrian texts= Alexandria. What do we know about that?

Gnosticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GnosticismWikipedia

The age of the Gnostics was highly diverse; they seem to have originated in Alexandria and coexisted with the early Christians until the 4th century AD

(wonder who created those manuscripts in Alexandria 315-350AD) That agree with NOTHING else
No, I'm looking for specific textual differences that will cause one to have their 'faith dwindle'. That's a main point of the OP.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
I heard a joke a while back , here it is / what does the joy of gay sex ,the satanic bible all have in comonn

Mar 18, 2011
No, I'm looking for specific textual differences that will cause one to have their 'faith dwindle'. That's a main point of the OP.
[h=3]1 John 4:3[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]3 [/SUP]but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

[h=3]1 John 4:3[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]3 [/SUP]And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world

[h=3]Matthew 9:13[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]13 [/SUP]But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’[SUP][a][/SUP] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

[h=3]Matthew 9:13[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]13 [/SUP]But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

[h=3]Mark 2:17[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]17 [/SUP]On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

[h=3]Mark 2:17[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]17 [/SUP]When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Huge list of them here.

Comparisons between The Majority (KJV) and Minority (NIV) Texts

Mar 18, 2011
[h=3]Luke 4:4[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]4 [/SUP]Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone.’[SUP][a][/SUP]”

[h=3]Luke 4:4[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]4 [/SUP]And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Mar 18, 2011
[h=3]Mark 9:29[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]29 [/SUP]He replied, “This kind can come out only by prayer.[SUP][a][/SUP]”

[h=3]Mark 9:29[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]29 [/SUP]And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

Mar 18, 2011
[h=3]Matthew 6:13[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]13 [/SUP]And lead us not into temptation,[SUP][a][/SUP]
but deliver us from the evil one.[SUP][b][/SUP]’

[h=3]Matthew 6:13[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]13 [/SUP]And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Mar 18, 2011
Luke 11:2

New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]2 [/SUP]He said to them, “When you pray, say:
“‘Father,[SUP][a][/SUP]
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.[SUP][b][/SUP]

Luke 11:2

King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]2 [/SUP]And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2011
[h=3]1 John 5:7-8[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]7 [/SUP]For there are three that testify: [SUP]8 [/SUP]the[SUP][a][/SUP] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

[h=3]1 John 5:7-8[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]7 [/SUP]For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

[SUP]8 [/SUP]And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
You did have to use the 'straw man version' the NIV but ok.
I'll only comment on the first (1John 4:3) and let others decide for themselves on the rest.

The NIV lends emphasis on Christ's Deity whereas the KJV His humanity, both true.
Does that dwindle your faith?

Mar 18, 2011
You did have to use the 'straw man version' the NIV but ok.
I'll only comment on the first (1John 4:3) and let others decide for themselves on the rest.

The NIV lends emphasis on Christ's Deity whereas the KJV His humanity, both true.
Does that dwindle your faith?
straw man version? I used biblegateway.com

no brother, I couldn't post a youtube video. You wouldn't let me be lazy. You want to address only one? address
1 John 5:7-8

Oct 31, 2011
God breathed the bible to the Hebrews. Luke is the closest to a gentile that was chosen, and he had a Hebrew father and was raised in a Hebrew household.

Eusebius said that according to two sources, Matthew, Luke, Mark, and Acts were on one scroll called the Mattityahu document, all in Hebrew. Origen and Clemens also mention this. They were translated into Greek, later. They still reflect their Hebrew beginnings.

Even in the New Testament the writers are Hebrew, the culture is Hebrew, the traditions are Hebrew, the concepts are Hebrew, and the religion is Hebrew.

The concepts behind the Hebrew language simply can't be translated into other languages, we need some understanding of the Hebrew language to understand the bible. When we say that protestants in the 1500's could do this perfectly, we are fooling ourselves. It was during a time when protestants were murdering Jews as the proper thing to do. These godly men who worked as translators, listening to the Holy Spirit, did not say that but by watching the translation, you can find traces of it.

We must go to God for understanding, not to translators working in 1500!

Mar 18, 2011
what we need, is the right transcription. Before the 1800's there were NO bibles that contained the Alexandrian texts. Period.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
straw man version? I used biblegateway.com

no brother, I couldn't post a youtube video. You wouldn't let me be lazy. You want to address only one? address
1 John 5:7-8
That's a whole debate in and of itself, whether or not a zealous scribe added text.

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
(1Jn 5:7-8) KJV

because three are who are testifying in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these--the three--are one; and three are who are testifying in the earth , the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are into the one.
(1Jn 5:7-8)AMP

Italics mean added text and many versions go that route. So a controversial passage? There are about three others too. How does this dwindle your faith? The concept of the Trinity is repeated many times in non KJV versions. There are even places where the Deity of Christ and the Trinity is short changed in the KJV but not in the non KJVersions. (See D.A.Carson's The King James Version Debate)...Here you can look inside.

Mar 18, 2011
That's a whole debate in and of itself, whether or not a zealous scribe added text.

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
(1Jn 5:7-8) KJV

because three are who are testifying in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these--the three--are one; and three are who are testifying in the earth , the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are into the one.
(1Jn 5:7-8)AMP

Italics mean added text and many versions go that route. So a controversial passage? There are about three others too. How does this dwindle your faith? The concept of the Trinity is repeated many times in non KJV versions. There are even places where the Deity of Christ and the Trinity is short changed in the KJV but not in the non KJVersions. (See D.A.Carson's The King James Version Debate)...Here you can look inside.
Yes. If italics means it's added- that casts doubt. " It says here some of the oldest most trusted manuscripts leave this out." ridiculous.