Only Believe (and stop the negative)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BarlyGurl

I agree 100%. The thing is, Anything you ask in my will.

So what does this do with healing? What if it is not Gods will to heal us, he has something planned to show or work through us in our sickness. or the same thing with a lost job?
I am not sure if you are saying:
ANYTHING... YOU ASK... in my will or ANYTHING...you ask... IN MY WILL

I realize some readers absolutely will not get the above... but some WILL... it's intended to be edifying not argumentative.
Regarding healing... I am not sure why you can't include healing or a job in the the same illustration I made previously? I am not sure that WHAT you are asking... or if there is a reasoning gap... or you are just trying to stimulate the dialogue?

Jun 24, 2010
so this means he will

1. heal me from all sickness?
2. keep me from losing my job, or give me a better job, ?
3. give me whatever I ask?
What it does mean is that we believe and not waiver and we trust Him for all things.

E

eternally-gratefull

What it does mean is that we believe and not waiver and we trust Him for all things.
and I would agree. but that is not what i asked. That is not what the op of this thread says. so do you agree with me or not?

E

eternally-gratefull

I am not sure if you are saying:
ANYTHING... YOU ASK... in my will or ANYTHING...you ask... IN MY WILL

I realize some readers absolutely will not get the above... but some WILL... it's intended to be edifying not argumentative.
Regarding healing... I am not sure why you can't include healing or a job in the the same illustration I made previously? I am not sure that WHAT you are asking... or if there is a reasoning gap... or you are just trying to stimulate the dialogue?
The op of this thread says God will heal all sickness.

I am saying he can and does heal sickness. but it is not always his will. Do you agree or not?
which is what I was asking

L

lesjude

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." I don't see any negatives there.
Philippians 1:23-26New King James Version (NKJV)

23 For[a] I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, 26 that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.
We all have ministries to fulfill. The minimum is found in Mark 16:17-18 and Matthew 10:7-8 for outside the local assembly. Within the local assembly everyone has a ministry to their local assembly. Singing in the choir is not one of the ones mentioned in 1 Corinthians 12.

can you see it??
Not until I have finished my course, run my race of faith, and not from a stinking disease. How about you?

Your right. We should pray for people to be raised...if that is what God leads us to do. And, you are the only one who thinks that this is evidence of the amount of faith that someone has.
However nothing is lost by doing it on FAITH alone. Matthew 15:21-28
No, I am not the only one. Here is what Jesus said:
Matthew 10:7-8New King James Version (NKJV)

7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead,[a] cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
John 14:12
New King James Version (NKJV)

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

So what if the Holy Spirit never shows me someone to pray for, that needs to be resurrected? Does that still mean I have a lack of faith?
However nothing is lost by doing it on FAITH alone. Matthew 15:21-28
Please see also above.

H

hopesprings

So what if the Holy Spirit never shows me someone to pray for, that needs to be resurrected? Does that still mean I have a lack of faith?
Well rest assured the Holy Spirit will NEVER lead you to pray for resurrection if you don't fundamentally believe that is something God still does today... because essentially... Such a person IS lacking faith. The scripture clearly discusses... "measure of faith" and no one would ever have to cry out "Help me in my unbelief!" if our faith quotient did not have the capacity to be LACKING in any given area.[/quote]

I didn't say that God doesn't resurrect people today. If someone is going to determine the amount of faith that someone else has, based on how many people they have resurrected in their lifetime, well that is a silly test...don't you think? That is what I was asking. If God never leads me to pray for the resurrection of someone else, does that mean that I lack faith?

B

BarlyGurl

Well rest assured the Holy Spirit will NEVER lead you to pray for resurrection if you don't fundamentally believe that is something God still does today... because essentially... Such a person IS lacking faith. The scripture clearly discusses... "measure of faith" and no one would ever have to cry out "Help me in my unbelief!" if our faith quotient did not have the capacity to be LACKING in any given area.
I didn't say that God doesn't resurrect people today. If someone is going to determine the amount of faith that someone else has, based on how many people they have resurrected in their lifetime, well that is a silly test...don't you think? That is what I was asking. If God never leads me to pray for the resurrection of someone else, does that mean that I lack faith?[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily... if you believe in ressurection. I will say... your posts come off and kinda argumentative vs inquiirng... so you know.

H

hopesprings

I

Not necessarily... if you believe in ressurection. I will say... your posts come off and kinda argumentative vs inquiirng... so you know.

If arguing means that I don't agree with the OP's viewpoint, then I guess that I am being 'argumentative' vs inquiring....nothing that I have ever studied supports the whole 'God guarantees you physical healing in this life', nonsense. I might add, I was raised with Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, and bunch of those other 'faith healer' ppls so I am quite familiar with the pull and the teachings that they provide. Now, since I have given you a very brief run down on why I don't agree with mr. lesjude, care to share with me why it is that you do? I will warn you that I may not agree with you, I may even try to discuss your viewpoints with you (which you are also free to do with me)...but disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that you are being argumentative. If you don't want to discuss with me...that's fine too. :)

btw - I think that for us to measure someone's faith by how many people they have resurrected, is an absolutely ridiculous means to see the condition of a persons faith in God. Lesjude implied that if we haven't seen this, then it is because we lack faith...but he also said that we pray for someone to be resurrected by the Lord's leading. So what if God never leads me to pray for someone to be resurrected? You answered that it doesn't necessarily mean that that one would lack faith...so why is it being used as a measuring stick to determine someone else's faith? If you think that my question isn't valid, then that's fine...I think it is valid or I wouldn't have asked it.

:)

L

lesjude

If arguing means that I don't agree with the OP's viewpoint, then I guess that I am being 'argumentative' vs inquiring....nothing that I have ever studied supports the whole 'God guarantees you physical healing in this life', nonsense. I might add, I was raised with Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, and bunch of those other 'faith healer' ppls so I am quite familiar with the pull and the teachings that they provide. Now, since I have given you a very brief run down on why I don't agree with mr. lesjude, care to share with me why it is that you do? I will warn you that I may not agree with you, I may even try to discuss your viewpoints with you (which you are also free to do with me)...but disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that you are being argumentative. If you don't want to discuss with me...that's fine too. :)

btw - I think that for us to measure someone's faith by how many people they have resurrected, is an absolutely ridiculous means to see the condition of a persons faith in God. Lesjude implied that if we haven't seen this, then it is because we lack faith...but he also said that we pray for someone to be resurrected by the Lord's leading. So what if God never leads me to pray for someone to be resurrected? You answered that it doesn't necessarily mean that that one would lack faith...so why is it being used as a measuring stick to determine someone else's faith? If you think that my question isn't valid, then that's fine...I think it is valid or I wouldn't have asked it.

:)
Lesjude implied that if we haven't seen this, then it is because we lack faith...but he also said that we pray for someone to be resurrected by the Lord's leading. So what if God never leads me to pray for someone to be resurrected
No, I gave scripture for what Jesus said to do on the issue. I also said even if one is not led they can use their faith. Matthew 15:21-28. I will say one cannot use what they do not have to do something they do not believe should or can be done.

A

ABMF

Its for this that i ever rejected the teaching in this thread. Each day others are wounded with
this twisted teaching that first draws in the hopless and vulnerable and then cuts them through.
I have dozens of stories like this...make me soo wish i lived in Davids time when chopping off
heads was noble.
Are you saying you are guilty of murder? If I'm not mistaken who ever imagines doing it and wishies for it is guitly of it under God's law.