The word was already established and proven many times with thousands of signs and wonders. Why would anyone need more?
Even Jesus quoted Abraham, who refered to the books of Moses and the prophets when he was begged by the rich man in hell.
"And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come
from thence. 27
Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28
For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30
And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Jesus did rise from the dead and was seen of over 500 at one point and many others that could have been questioned at that time.
I Corinthians 15:1-4
- Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
- 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
- 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
- 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
- 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
- 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep."
How many Eye witnesses to an event are necessary in a court of law?
Acts 16:30, 31
"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
"And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved...
Clear Gospel in 4 Minutes