- Jul 18, 2017
So in your opinion the RCCs teaching of purgatory is leading legions of people to eternal destruction. And where does the bible say this?
The way that the RCC leads people to eternal destruction is by giving sinners a false hope of salvation through the *sacrament* of baptism. Salvation is NOT in the sacraments, nor in the Catholic Church. Salvation is purely and exclusively by God's grace, in and through Christ and His finished work of redemption (which does not include Mary).
No one goes to Purgatory so that they can be prayed out of Purgatory. There are only two options for all men: (1) salvation through Christ alone, which guarantees that the believer will be in Heaven upon his/her death, or (2) no salvation by any other means, and the soul and spirit will end up in Hades, in order to await their final judgment for eternal Hell.
The Catholic Church vehemently opposed the Five Solas of the Protestant Reformers (all of which are based on Scripture). What do they teach?
The Five Solas are:
- Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
- Sola Fide (“faith alone”): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Sola Gratia (“grace alone”): We are saved by the grace of God alone.
- Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
- Soli Deo Gloria (“to the glory of God alone”): We live for the glory of God alone.