Recent content by Jael

  1. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Thank you for your thoughts and encouragement. Jesus is my rock, every morning prayers include making it through the day. Even though it may seem like there's peace in our house (we're not yelling and fighting), there isn't. It's silent, spiritual warfare. Even with leaning on Jesus, trying to...
  2. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Thank you for your prayers and God bless you :)
  3. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Yes he did, before we got married actually :-) Amen, I love those verses. so sorry to hear about the pastor and his family. The Old Testament may be the key to answer your question. The line of kings went back and forth between being good and being evil. Why? I have no idea outside of stubborn...
  4. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Thank you so much for your honest, thoughtful response. Also, your English is just fine! Just to clarify, our son was the one who stopped talking to us after the fight. He was trying to figure out how to talk to us about not being Christian and becoming "bi". From our standpoint the silent...
  5. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    I actually don't remember exactly what he told him. Generally speaking he made it all about himself (trying to relate in a bad way) instead of guiding him with the Bible. There was a specific insult towards our son's character, which, he wasn't necessarily wrong about but not exactly a great way...
  6. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Yes, I am so blessed to have my husband, he led me to the Lord and is so kind to me. We've discussed ad nauseam and the conclusion is always prayer and talk with him when the window opens. There have been a couple times since the blow-up where the conversation between me and our son would steer...
  7. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Yes, all three were baptized by choice. Our daughter at a contemporary Christian church and our sons at the Baptist church we ended up at. We explained believer's baptism and they all understood. They also got their own Bibles and we'd read through it with them. Our elder son seemed to reflect...
  8. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    I'd like to hope it's just a phase and they got mixed up. Your words of encouragement is much appreciated. Hearing thoughts from brothers and sisters in Christ really help
  9. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Wow, yes, it sounds like we were in the same boat. There is a lot of confusion surrounding what it means to accept Jesus, a lot of different terminology used. I tend to think that some people who say they give their life to Christ really just mean they gave it to him to save them and they're not...
  10. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Amen, God's grace is sufficient! I read through the article you sent and agreed with much of what it says about God's forgiveness for salvation and that He remembers our sins no more. Praise the Lord for that! The idea that only Jesus can forgive others on our behalf I'm not so sure about. My...
  11. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    You're right and it's very difficult to see that perspective and remember those Biblical truths when in the middle of the storm (especially what appears to be a lifelong one). Thanks for this, I'll read the article.
  12. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Thank you for your thoughtful response and observations. Yes, each generation has its own form of rebellion. The pendulum swung so far left this current one is taking up the worst form of sins, namely pride. I don't see my sons as prideful in the sense they are full of it. There's some there...
  13. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Thank you for sharing your experience. We're giving them space and basic necessities to finish schooling and get a career to move out. The elder is well on his way and very likely to do so in the next year or two. He's also working a part time job, and saving money to eventually buy the car we...
  14. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Thank you for that. The reminder helps. It's truly in God's hands
  15. J

    Warning: heavy, dark topic

    Thank you so much for your kind, encouraging response. As you've probably guessed I hate reddit with a passion now. Before it was not even on my radar. Parental controls are much more refined and available now than they used to be. Back when I got their phones it was very confusing and you...