Recent content by NotmebutHim

  1. NotmebutHim

    How did the people accept what the Lord Jesus said?

    Jesus told His disciples that following His departure, the Holy Spirit would come and remind the disciples of everything He (Jesus) taught them. They then became apostles and began to share the Gospel in "Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the ends of the earth" (Acts 1:8).
  2. NotmebutHim

    Have a Easter Ham for Ishtar

    Romans 14 1 Corinthians 8 Colossians 2
  3. NotmebutHim

    Hello

    Welcome to CC! I'm grateful for sunrises and sunsets. 😊
  4. NotmebutHim

    New

    Welcome aboard!
  5. NotmebutHim

    “The False Worldview of the Millennium”

    Not arguing with you necessarily, but I thought OP's post was historic pre-millennial as opposed to amillennial.
  6. NotmebutHim

    Obedience REQUIRED

    These two passages come to mind: "Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 'Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank...
  7. NotmebutHim

    Obedience REQUIRED

    I'm with you, @Lynx Popcorn indeed!
  8. NotmebutHim

    Trusting in God vs Trusting what God does

    This is a tough question to answer because in once sense, God is always "doing" something. Yes, He is self-existing, but God is always "working" (John 5:17). But I assume what you're actually asking is if we trust God because of who He is rather than because of what He can do for us (at least...
  9. NotmebutHim

    There's Not Enough Drama Here On the Forum. So, Let's Dig In and Make Some of Our Own!! 😎

    I like the current website layout; it's better than the the way it was when I joined back in May 2015. I like most of the membership as well. And even if I was not satisfied, I would not hurl F-bombs to express my displeasure. 😁 😁 😁
  10. NotmebutHim

    Hello 🙏

    Welcome to CC Julie! Hope you like it here. :)
  11. NotmebutHim

    Hey Y’all 🌾

    Welcome to CC, Jess!
  12. NotmebutHim

    There's Not Enough Drama Here On the Forum. So, Let's Dig In and Make Some of Our Own!! 😎

    Ohh I was just referring to the "site suggestions" thread in the Suggestions forum. I got called out. 😁
  13. NotmebutHim

    There's Not Enough Drama Here On the Forum. So, Let's Dig In and Make Some of Our Own!! 😎

    I'm a sick hypocrite. However, I am saved and have Christ's righteousness covering me.
  14. NotmebutHim

    Is there any value in understanding the historical settings surrounding biblical narratives?

    I think that historical backgrounds and backdrops are very important to understanding Scripture. How important the background is depends on the area of Scripture being studied. It goes without saying that all of Scripture is true, but IMO it really helps to understand HOW and WHY it's true...