1 John

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Really, is that what it means?.. I'd love it if u could explain how it means this :)

Christians arent lost in sin....non christians are.
We can be forgiven, we have accepted Jesus into our lives.

Doesnt mean we as humans are perfect. We can still fall, and we we fall we need to ask for forgiveness

Feb 17, 2010
Beth do you think these people were HOLY MEN? 2 peter 1:21...
21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Are these men as holy as God? because there is no degree to holiness... It is white or black. No greay or spots... You are either holy or you are not.

I am NOT!!! Does not mean I CANNOT be, it only means I am not HOLY YET, because God has not POURED His Holy Spirit into ME YET!
But these holy men of God they were holy..100%. Just as I am unholy 100%.

May God save me!

D

Deadflesh

Doesnt mean we as humans are perfect. We can(we can, why would you WANT to?) still fall, and we we fall we need to ask for forgiveness
Did God tell you that we can't stop sinning? or did a Human tell you this?

IF ALL men are liars and GOD is true(Romans 3:4)

if GOD said do not lean on the ARM OF FLESH(other men, and SELF).(Jeremiah 17:5)

if GOD said Trust no man who has breath(Isaiah 2:22)

Who are YOU listening to? The HOLY SPIRIT IN YOU? The Spirit of GOD that guides you into ALL truth. that you need NO MAN to teach you(1 John 2:27)? Or are you listening to SELF? or to other Humans?

If you live your life listenign to YOUR carnal mind(which is emnity with God) and OTHER men(which jeremiah says you are condemned) Are you TRULY being led by the Spirit of God? IF you live your life listening to YOU, and listening to MAN, if you end up being wrong when you stand before the ALMIGHTY, WHO Are YOU going to blame?

Wil you point fingers, and beg God to let you in? Like eve in the garden, it was the devils fault. YOU have the truth readily available TO YOU if you humble self and RUN TO HIM.

WILL Jesus say i never knew you, TO YOU? DO you know him? DOES he know you?

THIS IS NOT ABOUT SINLESS PERFECTION. this is about obedeince. Which is BETTER then sacrifice. and ONLY the OBEDIENT are the ones that make it to the END.

Mark 13:13
"And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved."

Matthew 10:22
"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved."

Luke 21:17-19
"And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. But there shall not an hair of your head perish. In your patience possess you your souls.

Hebrews 10:36
"For you have need of patience, that, after you have done the will of God, you might receive the promise."

James 1:4
"And let patience have its perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, lacking in nothing.

Romans 2:7
"To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life:

1 John 1:9-10
"He that said he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loves his brother stays in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him." (no stumbling into sin)

2 Peter 1:5-11
"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacks these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and has forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Why the rather, brothers, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if you do these things, you shall never Fall(stumble): For so an entrance shall be ministered to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Romans 2:1-11
"Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are that judge: for wherein you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you that judge do the same things. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And think you this, O man, that judge them which do such things, and do the same, that you shall escape the judgment of God? Or despise you the riches of his goodness and forbearance and long-suffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? But after your hardness and impenitent heart treasure up to yourself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life: But to them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man that does evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that works good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God.

(deeds of the flesh, or deeds of the Spirit?)

Sow for the FLESH, reap corruption. Sow to the SPIRIT(puttign to DEATH the deeds of the flesh, walking IN the spirit), reap eternal life.

THIS IS THE GOSPEL. JESUS didnt give us a free ticket. JESUS made it possible for us to obey.(IN HIM) if you arent obeying you arent IN HIM. If you ARE obeying, then STAY OBEYING until the LAST DAY. THAT is how you STAY READY. if you are not doign these thigns, REPENT and seek the lord in humility, becasue in humility is where he brings you up. low and broken before the allmighty, cryign out to HIM, to KNOW HIM. You can know allot ABOUT JESUS and never truly KNOW JESUS. two different thigns.

If you dont belive what IM saying, GREAT. GO TO GOD on your own, in humility and ask him if what YOU belive is true, ask HIM to reveal ALL deception to you. ALL deception you ARE in, and to keep any more from you.

BE NOT DECEIVED, God is NOT mocked, What ever you reap, you will sow.(Galatians 6:7) Thats a STRICT warning. saying you CAN be deceived. Waht are YOU reaping? Flesh? or Spirit?

I say this in LOVE, TRUE love becasue i care about your eternity., and not about my staus in a mans eyes. SEEK the LORD on this. May the LORD Jesus Christ Bless you.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Beth do you think these people were HOLY MEN? 2 peter 1:21...
21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Are these men as holy as God? because there is no degree to holiness... It is white or black. No greay or spots... You are either holy or you are not.

I am NOT!!! Does not mean I CANNOT be, it only means I am not HOLY YET, because God has not POURED His Holy Spirit into ME YET!
But these holy men of God they were holy..100%. Just as I am unholy 100%.

May God save me!
I am starting to think the only thing that will save you is shock therapy.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Did God tell you that we can't stop sinning? or did a Human tell you this?

IF ALL men are liars and GOD is true(Romans 3:4)

if GOD said do not lean on the ARM OF FLESH(other men, and SELF).(Jeremiah 17:5)

if GOD said Trust no man who has breath(Isaiah 2:22)

Who are YOU listening to? The HOLY SPIRIT IN YOU? The Spirit of GOD that guides you into ALL truth. that you need NO MAN to teach you(1 John 2:27)? Or are you listening to SELF? or to other Humans?

If you live your life listenign to YOUR carnal mind(which is emnity with God) and OTHER men(which jeremiah says you are condemned) Are you TRULY being led by the Spirit of God? IF you live your life listening to YOU, and listening to MAN, if you end up being wrong when you stand before the ALMIGHTY, WHO Are YOU going to blame?

Wil you point fingers, and beg God to let you in? Like eve in the garden, it was the devils fault. YOU have the truth readily available TO YOU if you humble self and RUN TO HIM.

WILL Jesus say i never knew you, TO YOU? DO you know him? DOES he know you?

THIS IS NOT ABOUT SINLESS PERFECTION. this is about obedeince. Which is BETTER then sacrifice. and ONLY the OBEDIENT are the ones that make it to the END.

Mark 13:13
"And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved."

Matthew 10:22
"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved."

Luke 21:17-19
"And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. But there shall not an hair of your head perish. In your patience possess you your souls.

Hebrews 10:36
"For you have need of patience, that, after you have done the will of God, you might receive the promise."

James 1:4
"And let patience have its perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, lacking in nothing.

Romans 2:7
"To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life:

1 John 1:9-10
"He that said he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loves his brother stays in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him." (no stumbling into sin)

2 Peter 1:5-11
"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacks these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and has forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Why the rather, brothers, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if you do these things, you shall never Fall(stumble): For so an entrance shall be ministered to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Romans 2:1-11
"Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are that judge: for wherein you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you that judge do the same things. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And think you this, O man, that judge them which do such things, and do the same, that you shall escape the judgment of God? Or despise you the riches of his goodness and forbearance and long-suffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? But after your hardness and impenitent heart treasure up to yourself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life: But to them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man that does evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that works good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: For there is no respect of persons with God.

(deeds of the flesh, or deeds of the Spirit?)

Sow for the FLESH, reap corruption. Sow to the SPIRIT(puttign to DEATH the deeds of the flesh, walking IN the spirit), reap eternal life.

THIS IS THE GOSPEL. JESUS didnt give us a free ticket. JESUS made it possible for us to obey.(IN HIM) if you arent obeying you arent IN HIM. If you ARE obeying, then STAY OBEYING until the LAST DAY. THAT is how you STAY READY. if you are not doign these thigns, REPENT and seek the lord in humility, becasue in humility is where he brings you up. low and broken before the allmighty, cryign out to HIM, to KNOW HIM. You can know allot ABOUT JESUS and never truly KNOW JESUS. two different thigns.

If you dont belive what IM saying, GREAT. GO TO GOD on your own, in humility and ask him if what YOU belive is true, ask HIM to reveal ALL deception to you. ALL deception you ARE in, and to keep any more from you.

BE NOT DECEIVED, God is NOT mocked, What ever you reap, you will sow.(Galatians 6:7) Thats a STRICT warning. saying you CAN be deceived. Waht are YOU reaping? Flesh? or Spirit?

I say this in LOVE, TRUE love becasue i care about your eternity., and not about my staus in a mans eyes. SEEK the LORD on this. May the LORD Jesus Christ Bless you.

Don't twist what I said. I never said Christians WANT to sin. I said we can. We still have the ability. We also have the power to be forgiven for sins, and THE BIBLE says we can fall from grace, but if you dont want to believe that then fine with me. You live your life and I will live mine.

Feb 17, 2010
HAHAHA Beth.... I heard God's salvation called many things, but NEVER "SHOCK THERAPY".... Listen Beth who gives the christian the "you can sin" Becasue God says clearly... The ones Born of God CANNOT sin... LOOK CANNOT... not can, the opposite CANNOT!
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
HAHAHA Beth.... I heard God's salvation called many things, but NEVER "SHOCK THERAPY".... Listen Beth who gives the christian the "you can sin" Becasue God says clearly... The ones Born of God CANNOT sin... LOOK CANNOT... not can, the opposite CANNOT!
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Are you really that dense? I did not say God ALLOWS you to sin. NEVER SAID THAT. I said we still have that ability. BECAUSE we are HUMAN. We are NOT exempt from temptation. As humas in a sinful world we still suffer.

I NEVER SAID GOD GIVES US PERMISSION TO SIN!

Feb 17, 2010
Nope that is not what 1 John 3:9 says. Beth i did not write 1 John 3:9 I only believe it... humans sin, God's Children do not!... Read 1 John 3:9...and 1 John 5:18

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Nope that is not what 1 John 3:9 says. Beth i did not write 1 John 3:9 I only believe it... humans sin, God's Children do not!... Read 1 John 3:9...and 1 John 5:18
WE ARE STILL HUMAN COBUS.

I sin everyday. The bible says we can fall from Grace. Are you saying the scriptures contridict theirself? Are you saying the bible is wrong?

C

Consumed

After weeks of this that the other here with righteousness/perfection/sin/yada yada yada i literally dont care, its as if Jesus made it impossible, some agree on righteousness but disagree on rapture or yada yada or yada, it's all pointless

Then we turn off the pc and pray thank you Jesus, man how screwed up are we all. People being rude, sarcastic, ignorant, looking just for one word to jump on them and best of all "bible says to go attack false doctrine, expose wolves yada yada yada" this is amazing.

Mention love unity respect another will find fault even in that, round and round the mountain we go making our own little golden calves to defend.

So when Jesus says give an account for every word we spoke what??? Sorry then? Hang on, "grace Lord thanks"
Praise God iv learnt so much thru this experience, just how much nothing matters but Jesus.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
...beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever.2 Peter 3:17,18

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins. James 5:19,20

You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.Galatians 5:4

Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. Romans 11:22

For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: "A dog returns to his own vomit," and, "a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire." 2 Peter 2:20-22

in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight -- if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister. Colossians 1:22,23

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels Revelation 3:5

For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Hebrews 10:26,27

For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, Hebrews 3:14

1John 3:9....nice passage....but read more than one passage and maybe you can understand the bible a little more!

You cannot take one passage from the bible and think you have it all figured out. Because of Jesus we have the ability to turn away from sin. Just as we can turn away we can also be tempted to fall away from Christ, but one thing that cannot be taken away from us is our Christianity. By that we are saved. We are no longer habitual sinners. Christ forgives us because we have accepted him into our lives. IT is also clear than Christians can fall away, and when i say CAN I do NOT mean that we are allowed to sin. It is a choice.

The hardest job in the world is being a Christian. You will be talked down to, made fun of, insulted and so on. At times it could be so easy to throw your hands up and live worldly but we are told not to if we want to have eternal life. We know that our reward is Heaven and nothing that happens to us on this Earth could even compare to that great reward.

A

Abiding

Are you really that dense? I did not say God ALLOWS you to sin. NEVER SAID THAT. I said we still have that ability. BECAUSE we are HUMAN. We are NOT exempt from temptation. As humas in a sinful world we still suffer.

I NEVER SAID GOD GIVES US PERMISSION TO SIN!
I dont think he is I think hes just pretending to get attention.

Mar 18, 2011
24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

A

AnandaHya

:) hey Beth this one is my favorite for we no longer fear death but the chains of death is built on the stronghold of SIN and empowered by the LAW.

why people chose to allow that stronghold to continue to war against the Knowledge of God, I do not understand.

You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.Galatians 5:4

but I think I will put it on my signature today..

here are a few more verses people should think upon..

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.

so how can you walk by the SPIRIT if you say you do not have the HOLY SPIRIT inside of you?

you can NEVER walk upright without THE HOLY SPIRIT ALREADY guiding you.

Last edited:

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Abiding I agree he is trying to get attention. He actually makes me uncomfortable. He says he isnt born again yet "heals" people. He also likes to talk about his love of porn.

Re reminds me of a precher in a strip club..... I am done with him. He scares me.

Ananda......... I LOVE YOU!

E

eternally-gratefull

No cobus. The bible was not written in english, it was written (at least John) In greek. The greek does not say that a christion does not sin. the way the greek word is used it means a person who is born of God does not CONTINUE to live a life of sin (habitual or as he did before he was saved) in other words. No changed life.

John says in his first chapter that if we (believers in Christ, which included himself) say we do not sin we are liars.

John did not ocntradict himself later by sayin we (including himself) do not sin.

A

Abiding

Think about this....if you heard the truth that a true believer does not continualy live practicing sin. And you want to practice sin. Just
say your not born again yet. Its clear to me. BUT today is the day for salvation. A no answer becuase im not ready can harden the heart
and destroy your soul.

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Interesting!