3+ Favorites

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Just for that I'll have to look into Luther....I do like the quote from him, in paraphrase, "I am (justification is like) as snow covered dung".

yay luther

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Thank you for that explanation enlightening to me so bottom line the wheat would be those in God sealed by God through the Holy Ghost and the tares would be none other than the flesh that we all are originally born with thus needing to be born again of the Spirit of God as Jesus said in John 3, left with all one needs to do is change their mind from unbelief to belief for the good work to begin in them through the operation from God starting at the cross of Christ
So you are a universalist too!!! So wonder why you don't rebuke serious error and skate around direct questions...

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
It is biblical to confront heretics and love does not always come in the package of "tolerance".
So the Holy Spirit of truth is doing the talking through you, you go brother. Careful flesh does not take over only you can know this as only can I in me and anyone else
Love you all
Homwardbound

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
So you are a universalist too!!! So wonder why you don't rebuke serious error and skate around direct questions...
Do not know what a universalist is or care do not belong to any denomination or non-denomination, God the Father through God the Son has received me, and i have received the Holy Spirit, which has quaranteed my salvation and in heritance in God.
What direct questions have I skated around? And I am not told by God to not create more flesh problems than what already is, Love you, and all unconditionally as God showed me that God loved and loves me unconditionally I am free to love all, and let each be convinced in their own minds read Romans 14,it is deeper than it is normally interpreted as

P

psychomom

Just for that I'll have to look into Luther....I do like the quote from him, in paraphrase, "I am (justification is like) as snow covered dung".
just a word of warning (which may be too strong a word?)
but Luther was schooled from a tender age in the trivium.
so lots of what he writes comes off, at first, as sarcasm.
'specially to our ears, schooled (however unwittingly or unwillingly)
in the law of 'never offend for tolerance' sake'.

but it's just rhetoric, in the classical sense. :)
and what he says is so refreshing!
(the Gospel Truth of it, I mean)

A

Abiding

Apologies, Crossnote, for the ADD :)

Right now, for me it's Luther and Luther and Luther.

Amazing I got this far without reading his writings,
and thank God for them.
Not so sure thats a balanced diet. have you noticed
any strange cravings like cabbage our stout?:p

zone

Jun 13, 2010
just a word of warning (which may be too strong a word?)
but Luther was schooled from a tender age in the trivium.
so lots of what he writes comes off, at first, as sarcasm.
'specially to our ears, schooled (however unwittingly or unwillingly)
in the law of 'never offend for tolerance' sake'.

but it's just rhetoric, in the classical sense. :)
and what he says is so refreshing!
(the Gospel Truth of it, I mean)
not to mention Luther allowed and freely encouraged everything he said either formally or in casual discussion to be recorded.
take each for what it is. if he didn't know something he said so.

A

Abiding

not to mention Luther allowed and freely encouraged everything he said either formally or in casual discussion to be recorded.
take each for what it is. if he didn't know something he said so.
Funny, imagine having your informal words judged and scrutinized for
hundreds of years, some done by your enemies. Who could pass that test?

P

psychomom

*looks for someplace to hide from 'that test'*

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Martin Luther
John Calvin
D.L. Moody
Ravi Zacharias
Max Lucado
Randy Alcorn
Tim LaHaye
Augustine the Rhetorist
Matthew Henry
Norm Geisler
Frank Turek
Greg Koukl
Alistar Begg
David Jeramiah
Irwin Lutzer
Robert Jeffress
James Dobson
Wayne Grudem
George Whitfield
Alexander Maclaren
A.W. Tozer
Ignatius
Polycarp
Chuck Swindall
Josh McDowell
Ben Gutierrez (prof. Liberty University)
Ed Hindson (prof. Liberty University)
C.S. Lewis
Lee Strobel
Charles Haddon Spurgeon
John Wesley
Philips Brooks
John Knox
Richard Baxter
Tony Evans
Charles Stanley
Billy Sunday
Harry Ironside
C.I. Scolfield
T. Dewitt Talmage

Ok, I think that's enough for now.

In Christ,

Bishop SEH
That was some picking and choosing from the smorgasbord indeed. Many of these men taught the very opposite to one another.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
That was some picking and choosing from the smorgasbord indeed. Many of these men taught the very opposite to one another.
Maybe the good Bishop is an Anglican.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Maybe the good Bishop is an Anglican.
Maybe, lol. Too much of anglicanism (or episcopalianism as they call it here and in the US) have become somewhat a chaos with virtually anything up at the table for the taste of the day. The communion in parts of Africa and the continuing movement excepted.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Maybe, lol. Too much of anglicanism (or episcopalianism as they call it here and in the US) have become somewhat a chaos with virtually anything up at the table for the taste of the day. The communion in parts of Africa and the continuing movement excepted.
Isn't the REC pretty popular in Africa, they seem a little more focused...a little more?

R

RachelBibleStudent

martin luther
martin chemnitz
matthew henry
franz delitzsch
johann keil
philip schaff
c.f.w. walther
john bunyan
andrew murray
alfred edersheim