(#4) Not having an active online presence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GODisLOVE7

Give me a packet of wine gums a week and I'll edit your posts, grocery lists, hate mail whatever. Just write clearly...
I can cover Lenardzw when he is on vacation... So you are covered all year (and I get a few weeks of wine gums)

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
hehe i soo happy I nowhere have any social media presence :rolleyes: he he

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Give me a packet of wine gums a week and I'll edit your posts, grocery lists, hate mail whatever. Just write clearly...
I can cover Lenardzw when he is on vacation... So you are covered all year (and I get a few weeks of wine gums)
I love you all for volunteering, but I'm trying to decide...

1. If you're just trying to be helpful.

2. If you're trying to gently say, "For the love of everything sacred, Seoul, GET YOUR POSTS EDITED, PRONTO!"

3. If you're all just after the goodies.

And to think, Lynx and Cinder (my "usual" "interpreters") haven't even read these last few posts yet.

I'm thinking... I'm going to be stocking up on (and giving away) a ton of dark chocolate, gourmet tea bags, and yes, mass amounts of wine gums.

G

GODisLOVE7

2. If you're trying to gently say, "For the love of everything sacred, Seoul, GET YOUR POSTS EDITED, PRONTO!"

And to think, Lynx and Cinder (my "usual" "interpreters") haven't even read these last few posts yet.

I'm thinking... I'm going to be stocking up on (and giving away) a ton of dark chocolate, gourmet tea bags, and yes, mass amounts of wine gums.

Number 3 is the driving motivation, with number 1 as a close second (for both you and Leonardzw)

Number 2 never even crossed my mind.

Maybe you should add number 4... To make your online prescence more active. Lolol.

Last edited:

Lenardzw

Jul 31, 2015

For me its the goodies I'm after. But its a fair trade, my editing for the wine gums. GodisLove777 can have everything else. Foe the right quantity I'd sing my edits, but that won't be very helpful...or ....necessary....or pleasant.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Btw, if a person messages you on fb, and they are NOT on your friends list, that message many times will go into a folder that is very much like a spam folder. I only see that folder when im on a desktop. One time, i looked into it and found a guy messaged me about 3 months before, but i had no idea. I replied to him apologizing for not responding sooner and explained why.

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
List of dating mistakes that should be avoided by the Christian woman

(#4)NOT HAVING AN ACTIVE ONLINE PRESENCE

Like I have said earlier, this is the age of the internet and having an active presence online whether it’s on face book, twitter, Christian chat sites or Christian blogs will enable you to meet people you may not have met otherwise. So many Christian couples have met online and you can also meet yours there as well. When I recommend being active online, some girls will be like “its immodest, I can’t get married online”. May I just explain that you are not getting married online, you are only meeting online, you will still get to meet his family and he will still get to meet your family, the role of the internet is just for you to meet, chat for a while, then may be exchange phone numbers.
Who actually says this? Who? Who is so dumb they believe meeting online means you have to get married online and won't meet his family? Immodest? I don't think that word means what you think it means...

I'm convinced if we traced Pete's IP address it would either be troll central or a mental institution.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
There are notable exceptions to what you have posted.
I knew I should have put the Sarcasm tag on that or else someone was going to miss it.

Dark chocolate and gourmet tea, I think someone is trying to bribe me big time. Well I'm not making much progress on my own writing, I guess I could work on yours if the bribe.... I mean wages are right.

P

pete13

I do not have Facebook, nor twitter, nor linked in, or any other "online presence". And I doubt I ever will. Just not my thing. This is only the second chat site I have ever been on. The first was with a life long hobby.
I think it is beyond ludicrous to suggest someone needs a online presence. It indicates to me shallow thought and lack of creativity that anyone would insist online social presence is a necessity.
Meeting someone of the opposite sex on a site like this is a narrow proposition. I do know of two people here that met and seem to be doing well together, but the odds are astronomical if one considers only the location proximity issue alone.
My opinion, meeting on a online date site can be a valid venue. I am not on one, but I do think they can be beneficial. This is not a date site though.
For me, I prefer, if it was going to happen, to meet someone in my church, or from a local area church, or in a supermarket, at a wedding, or a party, maybe a meet up group, etc.
Bars and clubs. No way ! I think they generally are satans playground.
yeah right. I have attended over ten different churches and guess what, probably all the women there are not true Christians, even the pastors are probably not true. I also attended a wedding party some weeks ago and guess what, the single ladies that ran for the flower that was thrown by the bride are not Christians.
At the supermarket? so you want Christians to hang around the supermarket, waiting for a woman to come in so that they can ask her out? If you are seen hanging around the supermarket and stalking people, you may be mistaken for a pot dealer.lol. they are going to call the cops on you and you will be like "I ain't no pot dealer, all I wanted was a date".lol
FYI, online is not the only way to meet the opposite sex, it is only a good alternative. and the fact is that a woman can miss several good men if she chooses not to have an active presence on internet Christian sites, pages, groups, blogs and chat networks.

P

pete13

Btw, if a person messages you on fb, and they are NOT on your friends list, that message many times will go into a folder that is very much like a spam folder. I only see that folder when im on a desktop. One time, i looked into it and found a guy messaged me about 3 months before, but i had no idea. I replied to him apologizing for not responding sooner and explained why.
I doubt that, I have sent several messages to people on Facebook who I am not friends with and they got the message on their phones. So what of the friend request and Twitter messages? Couldn't those have been seen by them had they had an active presence online?
You should have used the desktop earlier if what you are saying is true.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
*perk*

Someone say dark chocolate?

In other news, when I read the OP about dating her sister my music-nerd brain cued up a phrase from that old song Clementine.

"Then I kissed her
Little sister
And forgot my Clementine"

pete you are welcome to say what you want - freedom of speech and all that - but more and more you come across as a guy who got turned down, got really morose about it and now is hashing out his feelings in forum threads. I feel sorry for you, but also embarrassed.

I know you're not going to listen to what I say but I have to say it anyway. You really shouldn't be washing your emotional laundry in such a manner.

P

pete13

Who actually says this? Who? Who is so dumb they believe meeting online means you have to get married online and won't meet his family? Immodest? I don't think that word means what you think it means...

I'm convinced if we traced Pete's IP address it would either be troll central or a mental institution.
And I'm convinced that if I trace your IP address it would either be a crack house or a female minimum security prison.
I'm more liberal and politically correct than you believe therefore you should try to be polite.
This is a Christian site or at least it supposed to be a Christian site. If you are not Christian, then why are you here?
It's surprising that your rude post was not condemned by the folks here. I demand an apology from you.

That aside, I will like to end this post on a good tone, so I will end with a joke I found online and here it is:

A boy breaks on old vase at a rich uncle‘s house. The uncle gets extremely angry and yells: “Do you even know how old the vase was? It was from the 17th century!” The boy sagged in relief: “Oh, good that it wasn’t new.”

Here's another joke:

Bus driver to passenger: Don’t you want to sit down?
Passenger: No, I am in a hurry.

And another one:

What did the judge ask when he went to the dentist?
-
“Do you swear to pull the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth?”

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Whoa whoa whoa, time out! pete, Sonflower, that's a bit beyond the pale. I don't have the authority to tell you to apologize to each other, but you really ought to.

J

jennymae

A crack house, a troll central, a mental institution and a minimum security facility could easily be the same place;). Sorry folks, I'm just kidding.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
If the older Sister ever reads that message her now Brother in law sent her, Christmas is going to be really awkward.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
And I'm convinced that if I trace your IP address it would either be a crack house or a female minimum security prison.
I'm more liberal and politically correct than you believe therefore you should try to be polite.
This is a Christian site or at least it supposed to be a Christian site. If you are not Christian, then why are you here?
It's surprising that your rude post was not condemned by the folks here. I demand an apology from you.

That aside, I will like to end this post on a good tone, so I will end with a joke I found online and here it is:

A boy breaks on old vase at a rich uncle‘s house. The uncle gets extremely angry and yells: “Do you even know how old the vase was? It was from the 17th century!” The boy sagged in relief: “Oh, good that it wasn’t new.”

Here's another joke:

Bus driver to passenger: Don’t you want to sit down?
Passenger: No, I am in a hurry.

And another one:

What did the judge ask when he went to the dentist?
-
“Do you swear to pull the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth?”
I enjoyed your jokes Pete. Actually made me chuckle.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
yeah right. I have attended over ten different churches and guess what, probably all the women there are not true Christians, even the pastors are probably not true. I also attended a wedding party some weeks ago and guess what, the single ladies that ran for the flower that was thrown by the bride are not Christians.
At the supermarket? so you want Christians to hang around the supermarket, waiting for a woman to come in so that they can ask her out? If you are seen hanging around the supermarket and stalking people, you may be mistaken for a pot dealer.lol. they are going to call the cops on you and you will be like "I ain't no pot dealer, all I wanted was a date".lol
FYI, online is not the only way to meet the opposite sex, it is only a good alternative. and the fact is that a woman can miss several good men if she chooses not to have an active presence on internet Christian sites, pages, groups, blogs and chat networks.
What makes you the authority on who is a Christian and who is not? I think that was the one thing that Jesus reserved for himself, to judge who was who.
I have attended over ten different churches and guess what, probably all the women there are not true Christians, even the pastors are probably not true. I also attended a wedding party some weeks ago and guess what, the single ladies that ran for the flower that was thrown by the bride are not Christians.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Maybe this explains it. Maybe the answer is that Pete can't find any true Christian women because the one's that match up to his standards exist only in his head, but he assumes they're out there and making these mistakes. But I always thought I was a true Christian and female too. Does that mean I don't exist? Probably, Douglas Adams made a good argument that we're all just figments of each other's non-existent imaginations (because on average the population of the universe is zero).

U

Ugly

The older sister attended the wedding and even up till then she hadn’t opened the message her now brother in law sent to her. She is still single up till now not realizing that she was her younger sister husbands’ first choice.
The moral here is for you not only to be registered online but to be active on line and please check your mail, so many women I have sent emails to on Facebook and Twitter, but they didn’t even open the message.
So the younger sister is the second choice. Therefore the argument could be made that by having an active online presence you run the risk of being someones second choice. And in the case of this story you could not only be a second choice, but a second choice to your sister, with you being the duplicate to the one he really wanted. And therefore settled for 'close enough'.

You got that ladies? Stay active so you can be the second choice. Don't make the mistake of not being active online so men who know nothing more about you than your profile won't pass you up.

Though i must say the ending to this sounded more like a fabricated story. It has that tone of scary stories to tell teens to prevent them from having sex. If only they hadn't 'parked' that escaped mental institute patient axe murderer wouldn't have killed them. So learn your lesson boys and girls.
Although in this modern story the escaped mental patient gets married? Hmm.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Maybe this explains it. Maybe the answer is that Pete can't find any true Christian women because the one's that match up to his standards exist only in his head, but he assumes they're out there and making these mistakes. But I always thought I was a true Christian and female too. Does that mean I don't exist? Probably, Douglas Adams made a good argument that we're all just figments of each other's non-existent imaginations (because on average the population of the universe is zero).
I would reply to this but I guess any reply would be moot since we all don't exist.

I'm instead going to take my fictitious self off to eat some imaginary ice cream.