4 of Satan’s biggest lies to born-again believers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
God is not the God of confusion. If there is confusion, then it is not God.

We need to stop. It's God's creation. It's His Work. He started it. He'll finish it.

Who are we?!! Stop it. You're putting more importance on us than God does. He's working on us.

The finished product He's looking for is a Heart that loves Him and a Mind that knows Him and His Ways and a Spirit that is in communion and constant fellowship with Him. He wants us to be ONE with Him. Stop trying to make it all about us and what we have to DO. He did it.....ALL!

The struggle is just simply a question that He wants us to answer......."Do you love Me? If yes, then follow Me.. I'm building a Kingdom and I'd like you to be with Me and part of My Kingdom. It surpasses Heaven and Earth. In fact, I'm creating a New Heaven and Earth because the old cannot contain nor does it have the capacity to hold what I'm creating. Come, join Me!"
I am not confused. I am not putting importance on one thing or another.
I am pointing out the struggle, the fight, the conflict to which scripture testifies.

You are demanding, I am pointing out a reality in our walk.
Our walk is about communion, which is about both parties, not just one.

A marriage is not just one way, or one person, or one focus.
Thank you for the encouragement I appreciate it.

God bless you

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Also amazing that some here are allowed on a christian forum.
I agree!

Can't believe they let those who trust in THEIR works to maintain Salvation, and NOT Jesus' completed work, on here!

See how that works? Kinda nervy for a guy who's been here 5 minutes to to tell the site, and members that have been here for yrs, how things should be run.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Just grow in God's Word and stir up the Holy Spirit within you. Eat and drink God and His Word into your soul and spirit. The body will follow where the soul and spirit go.

Get in a really good "Bible based Bible Study" and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you! It's time we just grow up!

I highly recommend BSF - Bible Study Fellowship. They are international - all over the globe in just about every country. They refrain from denominations and just stick with the Bible - The Word of God and encourage students to NOT read commentaries but, ONLY rely on the Holy Spirit to teach you.

It's how I learned to lean on and fellowship with the Holy Spirit as my Teacher. I highly recommend finding a BSF class in your area......just google.

I'll be attending in my area. The study this year is the Book of Acts and Letters of the Apostles which includes Acts, I Corinthians, I & II Thessalonians, Hebrews, I Peter and James. :love:(y)
Sounds interesting.
The word "Just" sounds like an exclusive statement. I would say "grow in God's word and stir up ones spirit within you"

The Holy Spirit uses everything, to add to the diverse and infinite different emphasises in scripture.
God never intend one definitive outlook, which is why we are a body, a fellowship.

Jesus on at the transfiguration discussed with Moses and Elijah the future outcomes and approach of
the cross etc. God is always into discussion, balance, sharing, group conclusions. The Lord proposed to
Moses to destroy Israel and build a new nation, but Moses brought a different perspective.

God discussed with Lucifer regarding Job how he was a sign of someone bringing faith and glory to God.

Rather than limiting the voices, we need to understand them and then go forward in love and grace.
God bless you

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
The point is not a narrow focus of an echo chamber, but to refine how we express the word of God
to its essential details.

Without these to fro's many issues would just be assumed because they are not challenged.
Why is flat earth wrong? It is not because we do not like them.
Why is the earth only 6,000 yrs old? It is not because we do not like them.

This is why the foundations need to be put and how we draw certain conclusions.
If we cannot do this, how can we witness we stand upon the truth?

So I rejoice that many are prepared to spend their time putting forward their positions, no
matter how awkward sometimes this becomes. God bless you.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
All of your sins (past, present, future) have been forgiven
I believe the proclamation that this is from satan is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit...

Lets not beat around the bush here.. This person has stated that the teachings he featured in red where all doctrines of satan.. So if they are from the Holy Spirit then He has just proclaimed the Holy Spirit to be satan and thus blasphemed the Holy Spirit.. And there shall be no forgiveness for this sin in this world or the next.. The Apostle John said in His letter..

1 John 2: KJV

1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

And if any man sin is talking about a future tense sin that any man may do in the future.. John is talking to the Saints here in His letter He is addressing people who he encourages to not sin that if they do sin they have an advocate with the Father who is Jesus Christ.. If Jesus is going to be advocating for your future sins then the claim that Jesus advocating for ones future sins is a doctrine of satan is clearly Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit otherwise the Apostle John was a false Apostle and push a satanic dogma..

Clearly John's letter is the inspired word of God and John was indwelled by the Holy Spirit from the day of Pentecost.. The Apostle John was not demonically possessed and did not introduce doctrines of demons into the Bible..

notuptome

May 17, 2013
What is really amazing is the Jesus died to save your soul. You pretend to be Christian but you are overtly apostate and maybe well on your way to being reprobate from the truth. Well described in the scripture as ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of the truth. Pity really because the truth is right in front of you.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I believe the proclamation that this is from satan is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit...

Lets not beat around the bush here.. This person has stated that the teachings he featured in red where all doctrines of satan.. So if they are from the Holy Spirit then He has just proclaimed the Holy Spirit to be satan and thus blasphemed the Holy Spirit.. And there shall be no forgiveness for this sin in this world or the next.. The Apostle John said in His letter..

1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

And if any man sin is talking about a future tense sin that any man may do in the future.. John is talking to the Saints here in His letter He is addressing people who he encourages to not sin that if they do sin they have an advocate with the Father who is Jesus Christ.. If Jesus is going to be advocating for your future sins then the claim that Jesus advocating for ones future sins is a doctrine of satan is clearly Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit otherwise the Apostle John was a false Apostle and push a satanic dogma..

Clearly John's letter is the inspired word of God and John was indwelled by the Holy Spirit from the day of Pentecost.. The Apostle John was not demonically possessed and did not introduce doctrines of demons into the Bible..
You make some really good points here. But I would caution against saying someone has blasphemed the Holy Spirit. There is much debate about exactly what that means.

But your point about believers sinning, confessing their sin, and therefore future sins of the believer ARE atoned for, is not only awesome, but brings to light this matter that a born again believer may sin, but doesn't commit WILLING sin. The sinless perfectionists LOVE to try and make a distinction between willing sin and "unwilling" sin.

They cheapen God's Holy Righteous standard of perfection by saying they don't commit willing sin. That quick, lustful glance at a woman in a bikini, sinning by disobeying Governing authorities by going ONE mile over a speed limit, or not giving to the exact penny on your taxes, that anger you feel at a brother, etc... are ALL willing sins. GOD DOESN'T GRADE ON A CURVE!

And let's not forget the WILLING sins of omission! Who here has sold EVERYTHING they own and given it to the needy? Who has not welcomed the stranger or homeless to live in their house? Who here has left EVERY member of their family and gone to be a PERMANENT missionary in the jungles of Africa, South America, or Asia?

What say the sinless perfectionist to that?

How does a BELIEVER confess sin they didn't even KNOW they committed!?

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

This is a very heavy comment. There are many believers who have a problem with the idea sins
in the future can be forgiven before they are committed. If something has not happened, it cannot
be forgiven, as you cannot forgive that which has not existed and may not exist.

Blaspheme against the Holy Spirit is seeing a work of God, which is clearly from Him and declaring it is from
the enemy. So we need to be careful how we judge people, who sincerely desire to know His love working
in their hearts.

Once a theological question that is in many ways a question of understanding and not of faith, becomes something
upon which God judges the whole communion of an individual with Him, there is something wrong with the
theology being proposed.

If one can accept as believers we walk in love and grace, a fail in different areas, but are being changed into the
likeness of His son, and through faith and repentance we gain cleansing, amen.

But there is a problem if sin does not bring about repentance and sorrow, because sin is evil, damaging to others,
and clearly something to be avoided. Any theology that downplays Gods judgement for sin, fails to know God.
Praise the Lord we know Him. God bless you.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
You make some really good points here. But I would caution against saying someone has blasphemed the Holy Spirit. There is much debate about exactly what that means.
If he had said ""these are false doctrines"" then i would have no trouble in regard to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.. I would disagree with his conclusion about the teaching i have quoted.. But i would not have given warning about the aspect of Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit..

But He made it clear in his heading that all the teachings he mentioned in Red in his OP where from Satan.... Now i have to give out a serious warning to anyone who is reading these points and is ready to affirm His points... Because they will be affirming that this doctrine is from satan and they will also be blaspheming the Holy Spirit if indeed as i believe this teaching is truth and from The Holy Spirit..

To say something is truth or something is wrong is one thing.. Sometimes people make mistakes or they have been lead into a false teaching by the church they attended.. People can be corrected at this stage and go on in their life with Jesus.. But to declare a teaching is from satan is taking it to a whole new level of deadly eternal seriousness.. I cannot express the seriousness and danger of this enough..

People can conclude what they will to conclude about what i have put forward.. But my conscience is clear before God because i have given warning..

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

But your point about believers sinning, confessing their sin, and therefore future sins of the believer ARE atoned for, is not only awesome, but brings to light this matter that a born again believer may sin, but doesn't commit WILLING sin. The sinless perfectionists LOVE to try and make a distinction between willing sin and "unwilling" sin.

They cheapen God's Holy Righteous standard of perfection by saying they don't commit willing sin. That quick, lustful glance at a woman in a bikini, sinning by disobeying Governing authorities by going ONE mile over a speed limit, or not giving to the exact penny on your taxes, that anger you feel at a brother, etc... are ALL willing sins. GOD DOESN'T GRADE ON A CURVE!

And let's not forget the WILLING sins of omission! Who here has sold EVERYTHING they own and given it to the needy? Who has not welcomed the stranger or homeless to live in their house? Who here has left EVERY member of their family and gone to be a PERMANENT missionary in the jungles of Africa, South America, or Asia?

What say the sinless perfectionist to that?

How does a BELIEVER confess sin they didn't even KNOW they committed!?
What does God say about unknown sin?

5 Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you.
6 Observe the commands of the LORD your God, walking in his ways and revering him.
Deut 8

13 "'If the whole Israelite community sins unintentionally and does what is forbidden in any of the LORD's commands, even though the community is unaware of the matter, they are guilty.
14 When they become aware of the sin they committed, the assembly must bring a young bull as a sin offering and present it before the Tent of Meeting.
Lev 4

27 "'If a member of the community sins unintentionally and does what is forbidden in any of the LORD's commands, he is guilty.
28 When he is made aware of the sin he committed, he must bring as his offering for the sin he committed a female goat without defect.
Lev 4

God is specific about sins committed unintentionally. There is guilt, but can only we resolved when
he is made aware of the sin. This is how the issue of rebellion against the Lord and faithfulness and
faith is held true. The Lord appears never to be superficial, ie losing salvation and regaining it, but
rather things are done in the open and plainly.

It is why when discussion about known sin is not repented of, this is rebellion. To just assume things
are ok as they are without repentance and acknowledging debt, sorrow and the need to walk
righteously this is a problem.

Sinners excuse their sin and say it is just who they are. If christians do the same, how are they any
different from the world, or will ever become like Jesus and walk with Him?

Does any believer truly desire to be captive to sin, and not want to know victory in their life?
And we are not talking superficial compromise or papering over sin, or pretending things are not
a problem. Until people start getting serious about who they are, the role of the heart and emotions,
how we love and know ourselves and one another, little can progress.

Jul 17, 2019
... we are held accountable to what we know.
We are to be watchful and ready.
Luke 12: 42-48 DOES factor in.
I was looking for the scripture about "to whom much is given much is required".
So, the question is ...
Are the readers of what some of us are teaching (i.e. what we are giving)
... responsible for the Scriptural Truth they have been reading?

Is this Truth now "known" to:
-- the babes in Christ?
-- those have been choosing to be disobedient?
-- those who choose to ignore/reject clear Scripture?

Are they now required to believe it, accept it, and act on it?

Jul 17, 2019
Our Father in Heaven loves us and refuses to live without us.
How silly for us to get caught up in our works
as having ANYTHING to do with our salvation.
It is God's GIFT to us. Stop trying to EARN it!
Okay, how do you handle all of the dire NT warnings about habitual sinning, for example?
You are calling the warnings of the epistle writers silly.
Not to mention Jesus' warnings!
If this is what that course of yours is teaching, RUN from it.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Okay, how do you handle all of the dire NT warnings about habitual sinning, for example?
When sinners are saved and become saints, they are required to forsake sin. Jesus says "Go and SIN NO MORE".

Anyone who habitually sins is probably unconverted, which means not saved. The focus of Christians must be on righteousness, not sin and evil.

S

SpoonJuly

So, you don't believe that BACs have a part to play in their salvation?
I assure you they do!
Matthew 7:22-24 speaks of those who are working for their salvation as you teach and what Jesus response will be to them.
You should be terrified to stand before the Lord that day.

I pray you will repent, learn the truth, and be saved before God ends your life.

Jul 20, 2019
Pretty cool. I was thinking about a car analogy when I started reading this thread. Albeit slightly different with salvation being the car itself.

The problem with analogies is there are so many places to take it that run into doctrinal issues, but it's a good one for anyone to simulate as to their own personal experience.

Stewardship is DEFINITELY a thing in scripture...so upkeep I think is something we should all focus on. Willful negligence is a serious issue...casual disregard same thing.

it is a growing process of learning to be a good steward...when you need an oil change...when you need a car wash, when your tread is wearing a bit thin but you are procrastinating on getting new tires and then BAM! flat. #blamegame ensues...

Cars have been such a journey on my walk with the Lord. Through all the legalities and mechanical stuff and just where to go and what to do. Keeping it clean, giving people rides, late night sermons on the radio...I spend a lot of time in my car. I think the analogy can certainly have some useful merit in a spiritual discussion but narrowing it is hard for me :p

I don't want to "veer" off the general discussion but it's late. The only thing that comes to mind is that we are held accountable to what we know. We are to be watchful and ready.

Luke 12: 42-48 DOES factor in. I was looking for the scripture about "to whom much is given much is required" and that's what I found for now (I am sleepy and that is rather heavy) I am thankful to read it at present, but there are times when it is frustrating because I've taken stewardship to extremes in the past that seem to teeter on the brink of pride and I'm in the process of finding the balance personally.
Sanctification, then, is the invariable result of that vital union with Christ which true faith gives to a Christian.--“He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit.” (John xv. 5.) The branch which bears no fruit is no living branch of the vine. The union with Christ which produces no effect on heart and life is a mere formal union, which is worthless before God. The faith which has not a sanctifying influence on the character is no better than the faith of devils. It is a “dead faith, because it is alone.” It is not the gift of God, the faith of God’s elect. In short, where there is no sanctification of life, there is no real faith in Christ. True faith worketh by love. It constrains a man to live unto the Lord from a deep sense of gratitude for redemption. It makes him feel that he can never do too much for Him that died for him. Being much forgiven he loves much. He whom the blood cleanses walks in the light. He who has real lively hope in Christ, purifieth himself even as He is pure. (James ii. 17-20; Titus i. 1; Gal. v. 6; 1 John i. 7; iii. 3.)

Jul 20, 2019
It appears that you have a misunderstanding of the gift of salvation.

There is no question that God requires that His children maintain SEPARATION from the world (worldly ways and ideas), the flesh (the sins generated by the sin nature), and the devil (and all his deceptive doctrines and practices). But that is not maintaining our salvation, but going forward with our sanctification -- growing in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

ONLY GOD AND CHRIST MAINTAIN OUR SALVATION, SINCE SALVATION IS OF THE LORD.

As to the sinner's prayer, God will accept even that brief prayer which says "God be merciful to me a sinner", and justify that sinner by His grace. God knows hearts, and those who are justified by grace receive the gift of eternal life.

As to the mega churches, they have lost their way and are failing their people. They have departed from the truth and gone into false doctrines and practices.

I notice that there is a lot of sniping going on in this thread, and that does not help anyone. However, if someone comes along to promote false doctrine, they need to be exposed through Scripture. And if someone comes to troll then "Don't Feed the Trolls" is the only way to go.
Sanctification, then, is the invariable result of that vital union with Christ which true faith gives to a Christian.--“He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit.” (John xv. 5.) The branch which bears no fruit is no living branch of the vine. The union with Christ which produces no effect on heart and life is a mere formal union, which is worthless before God. The faith which has not a sanctifying influence on the character is no better than the faith of devils. It is a “dead faith, because it is alone.” It is not the gift of God, the faith of God’s elect. In short, where there is no sanctification of life, there is no real faith in Christ. True faith worketh by love. It constrains a man to live unto the Lord from a deep sense of gratitude for redemption. It makes him feel that he can never do too much for Him that died for him. Being much forgiven he loves much. He whom the blood cleanses walks in the light. He who has real lively hope in Christ, purifieth himself even as He is pure. (James ii. 17-20; Titus i. 1; Gal. v. 6; 1 John i. 7; iii. 3.)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
You are calling the warnings of the epistle writers silly.
Not to mention Jesus' warnings!
If this is what that course of yours is teaching, RUN from it.
BC, God has saved us and called us to live a godly life that is pleasing to Him.

Yeshua/Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."

Yeshua/Jesus has set us free - sin no longer is our taskmaster. He has given us power over sin.

Salvation is God's work in us and for us. Now, we need to live a godly life which comes as we learn to walk according to the Spirit, not our flesh.

The more we study God's Word - the Bible and spend time fellowshipping with the Holy Spirit, we get to know God more and more, as we do this we also love God more and more.

The more we get to know and love God, the less we sin. Our focus really needs to be on knowing and loving God more and more......:love:(y)

Living a godly life has NOTHING to do with earning or maintaining salvation.