? 4 singles...when do you feel the loneliest, how do you find comfort?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
The worst time of the day for me is in the evenings or during special occasions.
I either get on CC or text friends.
I know Jesus is always here and I certainly talk to Him...but He's rather quiet in responding. It's nice to have someone to carry on a two way conversation with.

S

Stranger36147

Don't really get lonely. Guess I'm just so use to being by myself. Maybe I'll feel different when I get older. Then again, maybe I won't.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I used to go into the chat rooms here, but now all they do is talk about scripture 24 hours a day. :( I wish they would make the Lounge the entry point instead of the Bible Study room like it used to be in the old days.... Now they have this room called MarsHill. What is that???

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I used to go into the chat rooms here, but now all they do is talk about scripture 24 hours a day. :( I wish they would make the Lounge the entry point instead of the Bible Study room like it used to be in the old days.... Now they have this room called MarsHill. What is that???
I can't make heads or tails of the chat now. Last time I went into the singles room, just a half dozen guys in India, not saying anything.

FlSnookman7

Jun 27, 2015

from Gotquestions.org

The biblical significance of Mars Hill is that it is the location of one of Paul’s most important gospel presentations at the time of his visit to Athens during his second missionary journey (
Acts 17:16–34). It was where he addressed the religious idolatry of the Greeks who even had an altar to the “Unknown God.” It was this altar and their religious idolatry that Paul used as a starting point in proclaiming to them the one true God and how they could be reconciled to Him. Paul’s sermon is a classic example of a gospel presentation that begins where the listeners are and then presents the gospel message in a logical and biblical fashion. In many ways it is a classic example of apologetics in action. Paul started his message by addressing the false beliefs of those gathered there that day and then used those beliefs as a way of presenting the gospel message to them.

FlSnookman7

Jun 27, 2015
I work quite a few hours a week so I must set aside time to be alone. That said, I usually work the holidays and my shift is 6pm to 6am so I suppose I find some comfort in work.....I can't believe I just said that, LOL.

Calmer43

Feb 6, 2018
Once you know his voice, he will speak volumes of love to you. But that said you are right it is nice for the soul and spirit to communicate with friends and others.

Calmer43

Feb 6, 2018
The worst time of the day for me is in the evenings or during special occasions. Once you know his voice, he will speak volumes of love to you. But that said you are right it is nice for the soul and spirit to communicate with friends and others.
Multi-Quote This Message
I either get on CC or text friends.
I know Jesus is always here and I certainly talk to Him...but He's rather quiet in responding. It's nice to have someone to carry on a two way conversation with.
Once you know his voice, he will speak volumes of love to you. But that said you are right it is nice for the soul and spirit to communicate with friends and others.
Multi-Quote This Message

Feb 7, 2018
I feel lonely all the time. I was hoping that joining a Christian chat would help me to feel less lonely. If you have healthy, close relationships connecting with those people will help you to feel less lonely. Praying also helps and finding something to do like walking, homework, reading, or listening to music.

Feb 7, 2018
I think diving into work is nothing to be embarrassed about. Since I am single I often devote my time to school & work. It is quite satisfying.

Calmer43

Feb 6, 2018
I feel lonely all the time. I was hoping that joining a Christian chat would help me to feel less lonely. If you have healthy, close relationships connecting with those people will help you to feel less lonely. Praying also helps and finding something to do like walking, homework, reading, or listening to music.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gUxZX94-ock. It will help

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Hi CeCe! Welcome! Lonely? Do you have an active life? Social; Spiritual and physical?

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Thanks y'all...nice things to say...It's not that I feel alone spiritually...my relationship with Jesus is better than ever.

I was married for over 20 years. Although it was very painful and I tried nearly everything to save my marriage and prayed continually...it was not to be. He continually chiselled away the trust I had in him.

It's been 7 years...and although I told myself I'd never get married again...I find that my feelings have changed and I long for that connection with someone in my life.

Last edited:

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
As an introvert, I "feel" loneliness much less often, and possibly less acutely, than many extroverts. I'm usually content in my own company, and have many interests that are "sole" activities such as building models and reading. That said, there are times when I look for connection with people. I can identify such times, because that's when my usual interests don't interest me.

Sometimes the CC chat rooms satisfy the desire, though I find that some individuals monopolize the mic with either loud aggressive opinions on everything or with silliness that simply irritates me. Sometimes though, I find sincere and reasonable people there who are able to engage in light, relaxed conversation.

On the rare occasions that I do feel genuinely lonely for human companionship, I lament my introversion and isolation, as that is when my list of friends seems very small.

B

Bella37

I feel the loneliest, when I wake up in the morning, I usually wake up after a dream. When I start thinking about the fact that there is no one here to talk to, or even look at, I start praying & talking to GOD about how I am feeling.
I make my requests made known to The LORD in prayer, then I start to feel better about being alone. I may start patting & allowing one of my cats give me some much needed affection, which is always very comforting, & beautiful, to me.

Love & Hugs!

Bella xo :) <><<

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
When I feel lonely I like to watch youtube videos... mostly educational ones. I also like to read the news or watch something on bmovies (its a site where you can watch stuff for free, but you need to use a good pop-up ad blocker). I hardly ever watch anything though. I also like to browse facebook.

Last edited:
A

AuntieAnt

Most of the time I’m happy as a clam even while doing the most mundane things like:

And when I let myself get day-dreamy about dating, my
heart can make me feel like:

When my heart daydreams for way too long, I get lonesome like:

I'm so thankful I can run to Father God all the time for His faithful love, warm comfort and sweet peace of mind.
:eek:

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Reading is also a good way to beat loneliness.. :rolleyes:

S

Stranger36147

Reading is also a good way to beat loneliness.. :rolleyes:

That woman looks attractive. If I was reading somewhere, I think I'd be happy if she was reading her own book next to me.