Next year I turn 40 years old. Generally, I wouldn't consider that a big deal, because age is just a number as they say. However, as I have been on CC these past ten months, I have began to notice a line of demarcation that happens at age 40. Let me start by saying that I haven't seen this in everyone, but admittedly it looks like the majority hence the thread.
It seems like after 40, people have a jaded or negative view about most issues. Worse they may have an I give up take on issues. Don't agree with me? Read most of the relationship threads in the singles forum and pay attention to the age of the folks posting what you deem positive versus negative thoughts. Understand, I am not even just talking about offering words of caution.
Before anyone offers the "just wait until you have experienced all that I have gone through" argument, please don't use that one. It is a reactive argument, and honestly, I can go tit-for-tat on experiences, and I am better off now than before.
###
So if you are over 40 and feel you became more jaded and negative, why? If over 40, and more positive, how did you stay that way? If you are under 40, have you encountered this same thing and do you fear becoming more jaded or cynical? How do you plan to not turn into someone whose advice and wisodom is full of negativity?
It seems like after 40, people have a jaded or negative view about most issues. Worse they may have an I give up take on issues. Don't agree with me? Read most of the relationship threads in the singles forum and pay attention to the age of the folks posting what you deem positive versus negative thoughts. Understand, I am not even just talking about offering words of caution.
Before anyone offers the "just wait until you have experienced all that I have gone through" argument, please don't use that one. It is a reactive argument, and honestly, I can go tit-for-tat on experiences, and I am better off now than before.
###
So if you are over 40 and feel you became more jaded and negative, why? If over 40, and more positive, how did you stay that way? If you are under 40, have you encountered this same thing and do you fear becoming more jaded or cynical? How do you plan to not turn into someone whose advice and wisodom is full of negativity?