A call for unity and love

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
If you truly love as Jesus loved you will try to point out wrong belief and correct it if possible.
To allow some one to believe or teach things contrary to Scripture, that is not loving the word, Jesus, nor the person.
Yes but there is a right way to do that and a wrong way to do that. I have seen people say this very thing as you have said to justify their arguing and remarks

Giving correction requires one of sound mind and having love in their hearts a patient and humble person not a person who uses what you just said to justify their arguing and I say arguing because often times that is all it is arguing not discussing not even debating just arguing

So we must ask ourselves when giving correction am I really doing this for their good or am I just trying to justify myself?
 
Far to often I have dealt with the same issues what happened to the church to make it like this? It is basic christianity 101 love one another simple easy straight to the point yet so many do not do this
Every church is made up of sinners.
Hopefully all are saved sinners, but some may not be.
As long as we live in this sinful flesh, we will sin.
As the old saying goes---
If you find a perfect church, do not join because it will no longer be perfect.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GWH
Yes but there is a right way to do that and a wrong way to do that. I have seen people say this very thing as you have said to justify their arguing and remarks

Giving correction requires one of sound mind and having love in their hearts a patient and humble person not a person who uses what you just said to justify their arguing and I say arguing because often times that is all it is arguing not discussing not even debating just arguing

So we must ask ourselves when giving correction am I really doing this for their good or am I just trying to justify myself?
I agree,
That is why I say to just walk away.
That is why I often leave threads.
When people will not consider they may be wrong, it is a waste of time to continue.
 
I agree,
That is why I say to just walk away.
That is why I often leave threads.
When people will not consider they may be wrong, it is a waste of time to continue.
Yes sadly I have done this very thing more times than I can count, but any thread that has more than four pages is often times one where all the arguing is. popular threads are basically the ones where the debating and arguing is and people like to get into these debates but not to learn but to teach not to learn truth but to teach their truth and many are not able to admit that they may be wrong in their understanding

I always say we need more students and far less teachers
 
Yes sadly I have done this very thing more times than I can count, but any thread that has more than four pages is often times one where all the arguing is. popular threads are basically the ones where the debating and arguing is and people like to get into these debates but not to learn but to teach not to learn truth but to teach their truth and many are not able to admit that they may be wrong in their understanding

I always say we need more students and far less teachers
Very few are really qualified to teach.
Most only teach what they have been taught by someone who is not qualified.
Just because someone is very educated and has a way with words, does not mean he is qualified to teach others.
One should listen, but never believe until you study all Scripture related to what is taught for yourself.
 
any thread that has more than four pages is often times one where all the arguing is.
You remind me of the NBW thread, which may still be the longest running thread with the most
number of posts, ever, on CC. It has significantly slowed since the OP was banned (was it really
almost five years ago??? How time flies!!!), but it helped many newcomers to the faith, or people
who were struggling with trying to feel worthy, reach a better understanding of what is required.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Blain
what do you mean?

1 Thessalonians 5:11 emphasizes mutual encouragement and building up, saying, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing". Romans 14:19 highlights the pursuit of peace and building up, stating, "Let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding". Hebrews 3:13 encourages daily encouragement to prevent hardening of hearts, urging, "But encourage one another daily

"Really? wow I had no idea of that:("

"I would love nothing more than to see this with each other and to see this site become one of love and light a reminder of what Christs love does in the hearts of those who carry his name"

Make it make sense.
 
That is why I made this thread so that hopefully those who do verbal ping pong and like to argue might be reminded of what we as believers are to do

Yes, hope springs eternal that folks will stop throwing stones as just occurred!
:(
 
Really? wow I had no idea of that:(

I guess I am the one being referred to, so everyone needs to be aware that I confessed to offending Mag months ago,
and have apologized for the misunderstanding many times since then, but she refuses to forgive me (against the
command of Jesus to forgive one another), so what can I do? Very sad.
:cry:
 
If you truly love as Jesus loved you will try to point out wrong belief and correct it if possible.
To allow some one to believe or teach things contrary to Scripture, that is not loving the word, Jesus, nor the person.

Yes, and this is where discernment is needed so that we can fellowship based on agreement regarding the Christian creed
while not making mountains out of secondary molehills.
 
I amen your appeal for spiritual oneness, and I agree that the TULIP-MFW issue is the most divisive one on CC,
and another one in my recent experience is the WB-SB debate. Hopefully the CC administrators will eventually
realize that TULIP and WB advocates pervert the NT Gospel or good news that God loves and offers salvation to all
and take appropriate action regarding their judgmental attitude, as I understand they have done with Judaizers,
Sabbatarians and others I encountered after joining CC last October. IOW, may admin amen the Scriptures you cited.
LIC
Unity by division?
 
Yes, and this is where discernment is needed so that we can fellowship based on agreement regarding the Christian creed
while not making mountains out of secondary molehills.
Fellowship, yes indeed, but there are no secondary truths, or molehills as you called them, in the Bible.
When Jesus commanded His church to teach all things He was saying from Genesis 1:1 thru Revelation 22:21.
Leave nothing out and add nothing.
Don't believe I have the right to judge some things more important than others.