Yes but there is a right way to do that and a wrong way to do that. I have seen people say this very thing as you have said to justify their arguing and remarksIf you truly love as Jesus loved you will try to point out wrong belief and correct it if possible.
To allow some one to believe or teach things contrary to Scripture, that is not loving the word, Jesus, nor the person.
yeah I think I just ran into that issue lolSometimes this site is not connecting and I double post
Every church is made up of sinners.Far to often I have dealt with the same issues what happened to the church to make it like this? It is basic christianity 101 love one another simple easy straight to the point yet so many do not do this
I agree,Yes but there is a right way to do that and a wrong way to do that. I have seen people say this very thing as you have said to justify their arguing and remarks
Giving correction requires one of sound mind and having love in their hearts a patient and humble person not a person who uses what you just said to justify their arguing and I say arguing because often times that is all it is arguing not discussing not even debating just arguing
So we must ask ourselves when giving correction am I really doing this for their good or am I just trying to justify myself?
Yes sadly I have done this very thing more times than I can count, but any thread that has more than four pages is often times one where all the arguing is. popular threads are basically the ones where the debating and arguing is and people like to get into these debates but not to learn but to teach not to learn truth but to teach their truth and many are not able to admit that they may be wrong in their understandingI agree,
That is why I say to just walk away.
That is why I often leave threads.
When people will not consider they may be wrong, it is a waste of time to continue.
Very few are really qualified to teach.Yes sadly I have done this very thing more times than I can count, but any thread that has more than four pages is often times one where all the arguing is. popular threads are basically the ones where the debating and arguing is and people like to get into these debates but not to learn but to teach not to learn truth but to teach their truth and many are not able to admit that they may be wrong in their understanding
I always say we need more students and far less teachers
You remind me of the NBW thread, which may still be the longest running thread with the mostany thread that has more than four pages is often times one where all the arguing is.
what do you mean?
"Really? wow I had no idea of that"
Do you respond to everybody this way? I'm not seeing where the poster deserved this type of condescension.
what do you mean?
I think you're totally misreading what he said.
I think you're totally misreading what he said.
Are you sure maybe you didn't misread what the poster said? I thought she was being rather helpful to him in her defense of what he was whining about.
That is why I made this thread so that hopefully those who do verbal ping pong and like to argue might be reminded of what we as believers are to do
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing (fully immerse) them in the name (Jesus' ministry) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. (God).
Really? wow I had no idea of that![]()
If you truly love as Jesus loved you will try to point out wrong belief and correct it if possible.
To allow some one to believe or teach things contrary to Scripture, that is not loving the word, Jesus, nor the person.
Unity by division?I amen your appeal for spiritual oneness, and I agree that the TULIP-MFW issue is the most divisive one on CC,
and another one in my recent experience is the WB-SB debate. Hopefully the CC administrators will eventually
realize that TULIP and WB advocates pervert the NT Gospel or good news that God loves and offers salvation to all
and take appropriate action regarding their judgmental attitude, as I understand they have done with Judaizers,
Sabbatarians and others I encountered after joining CC last October. IOW, may admin amen the Scriptures you cited.
LIC
Fellowship, yes indeed, but there are no secondary truths, or molehills as you called them, in the Bible.Yes, and this is where discernment is needed so that we can fellowship based on agreement regarding the Christian creed
while not making mountains out of secondary molehills.