A call for unity and love

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
23,049
4,101
113
I wanted to sort of make a reminder that we as brothers and sisters in Christ are called for unity and love for one another. I am aware there are differences in opinions and doctrinal understanding but we can disagree with love

Certain topics such as free will and predestination and the likes tend to bring out strife among us

1 Thessalonians 5:11 emphasizes mutual encouragement and building up, saying, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing". Romans 14:19 highlights the pursuit of peace and building up, stating, "Let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding". Hebrews 3:13 encourages daily encouragement to prevent hardening of hearts, urging, "But encourage one another daily

I would love nothing more than to see this with each other and to see this site become one of love and light a reminder of what Christs love does in the hearts of those who carry his name
 
I wanted to sort of make a reminder that we as brothers and sisters in Christ are called for unity and love for one another. I am aware there are differences in opinions and doctrinal understanding but we can disagree with love

Certain topics such as free will and predestination and the likes tend to bring out strife among us

1 Thessalonians 5:11 emphasizes mutual encouragement and building up, saying, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing". Romans 14:19 highlights the pursuit of peace and building up, stating, "Let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding". Hebrews 3:13 encourages daily encouragement to prevent hardening of hearts, urging, "But encourage one another daily

I would love nothing more than to see this with each other and to see this site become one of love and light a reminder of what Christs love does in the hearts of those who carry his name

It will not happen until the world is against Christians then they will want to unite.

Just like the world will not unite unless there is chaos threatening the world.

There is too many hypocrites that want to oppose saying our denomination is the bestess in the world.

Their attitude is out of all the denominations we have the truth we are the winners, we are number 1, and we do not have time for you and do not want to associate with you for we loveth to braggeth and boasteth.

Many in the Church are arrogant and thrive on the competition loving to believe they have the ole' trutharooski.

Like the world will not come together because their arrogance separates them.

But chaos will cause them to come together.

A good example is 911 patriotism rises up, flags go on vehicles, we have an enemy and let us rise over them.

But as soon as the smoke clears the flags come down, the middle finger goes up, and it is back to business as usual.

Because if everything is peaceful, at least enough, their arrogance will keep them separated.

But when the problems get worse which in they world they will it for it is planned out the world will unite.

Which the elites know how to drive the world to come together.

WW1, League of Nations, WW2, United Nations, a set up to get the nations governments to work for peace.

Ukraine war among other conflicts, or looks like it could escalate in to a conflict, a set up to get the people on board for a one world government and to produce the New Age Christ.

Then when the world is against the Christians then they will unite at least get along.
 
I wanted to sort of make a reminder that we as brothers and sisters in Christ are called for unity and love for one another. I am aware there are differences in opinions and doctrinal understanding but we can disagree with love

Certain topics such as free will and predestination and the likes tend to bring out strife among us

1 Thessalonians 5:11 emphasizes mutual encouragement and building up, saying, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing". Romans 14:19 highlights the pursuit of peace and building up, stating, "Let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding". Hebrews 3:13 encourages daily encouragement to prevent hardening of hearts, urging, "But encourage one another daily

I would love nothing more than to see this with each other and to see this site become one of love and light a reminder of what Christs love does in the hearts of those who carry his name

I amen your appeal for spiritual oneness, and I agree that the TULIP-MFW issue is the most divisive one on CC,
and another one in my recent experience is the WB-SB debate. Hopefully the CC administrators will eventually
realize that TULIP and WB advocates pervert the NT Gospel or good news that God loves and offers salvation to all
and take appropriate action regarding their judgmental attitude, as I understand they have done with Judaizers,
Sabbatarians and others I encountered after joining CC last October. IOW, may admin amen the Scriptures you cited.
LIC
 
It will not happen until the world is against Christians then they will want to unite.

Just like the world will not unite unless there is chaos threatening the world.

There is too many hypocrites that want to oppose saying our denomination is the bestess in the world.

Their attitude is out of all the denominations we have the truth we are the winners, we are number 1, and we do not have time for you and do not want to associate with you for we loveth to braggeth and boasteth.

Many in the Church are arrogant and thrive on the competition loving to believe they have the ole' trutharooski.

Like the world will not come together because their arrogance separates them.

But chaos will cause them to come together.

A good example is 911 patriotism rises up, flags go on vehicles, we have an enemy and let us rise over them.

But as soon as the smoke clears the flags come down, the middle finger goes up, and it is back to business as usual.

Because if everything is peaceful, at least enough, their arrogance will keep them separated.

But when the problems get worse which in they world they will it for it is planned out the world will unite.

Which the elites know how to drive the world to come together.

WW1, League of Nations, WW2, United Nations, a set up to get the nations governments to work for peace.
me
Ukraine war among other conflicts, or looks like it could escalate in to a conflict, a set up to get the people on board for a one world government and to produce the New Age Christ.

Then when the world is against the Christians then they will unite at least get along.

I think your comparison of our CC church with the secular world is valid, but let us not give up praying
for God's will to be done on CC as it is in heaven. I attempt to edify and unify us mainly on two threads:
On the Kerygma thread I have been urging us to agree on a creed, so that we will discuss secondary
doctrines with humility and congeniality. On the Hermeneutics thread I try to explain a method of
interpreting Scripture that harmonizes the whole Bible as much as possible, and I also exemplify this
method on the Systematic Bible Study thread.
 
I wanted to sort of make a reminder that we as brothers and sisters in Christ are called for unity and love for one another. I am aware there are differences in opinions and doctrinal understanding but we can disagree with love

Certain topics such as free will and predestination and the likes tend to bring out strife among us

1 Thessalonians 5:11 emphasizes mutual encouragement and building up, saying, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing". Romans 14:19 highlights the pursuit of peace and building up, stating, "Let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding". Hebrews 3:13 encourages daily encouragement to prevent hardening of hearts, urging, "But encourage one another daily

I would love nothing more than to see this with each other and to see this site become one of love and light a reminder of what Christs love does in the hearts of those who carry his name
this could be the most important reminder of all except salvation. great suggestion Blain. even for Christians, we sometimes do not think 1st, of a "love" response, but rather something for disagreement, vengeance or self gain. thanks for the reminder Blain.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Crazyjmill
It will not happen until the world is against Christians then they will want to unite.

Just like the world will not unite unless there is chaos threatening the world.

There is too many hypocrites that want to oppose saying our denomination is the bestess in the world.

Their attitude is out of all the denominations we have the truth we are the winners, we are number 1, and we do not have time for you and do not want to associate with you for we loveth to braggeth and boasteth.

Many in the Church are arrogant and thrive on the competition loving to believe they have the ole' trutharooski.

Like the world will not come together because their arrogance separates them.

But chaos will cause them to come together.

A good example is 911 patriotism rises up, flags go on vehicles, we have an enemy and let us rise over them.

But as soon as the smoke clears the flags come down, the middle finger goes up, and it is back to business as usual.

Because if everything is peaceful, at least enough, their arrogance will keep them separated.

But when the problems get worse which in they world they will it for it is planned out the world will unite.

Which the elites know how to drive the world to come together.

WW1, League of Nations, WW2, United Nations, a set up to get the nations governments to work for peace.

Ukraine war among other conflicts, or looks like it could escalate in to a conflict, a set up to get the people on board for a one world government and to produce the New Age Christ.

Then when the world is against the Christians then they will unite at least get along.
It may be the case but for every person that tries to have spiritual unity that is one less person causing strife in the church, when the coming revival happens this unity will have a great impact on the church but we must all at least try to be filled with the spirit and love for in the spirit of love there is but one truth not many one denomination not many.

We can choose to be in the spirit of unity and love or we can accept things as they are
 
I amen your appeal for spiritual oneness, and I agree that the TULIP-MFW issue is the most divisive one on CC,
and another one in my recent experience is the WB-SB debate. Hopefully the CC administrators will eventually
realize that TULIP and WB advocates pervert the NT Gospel or good news that God loves and offers salvation to all
and take appropriate action regarding their judgmental attitude, as I understand they have done with Judaizers,
Sabbatarians and others I encountered after joining CC last October. IOW, may admin amen the Scriptures you cited.
LIC
I haven't been on those threads in a good while but I imagine things are hectic over there, a lot of times I will read through posts and see this division and it saddens me to see it even seeing others question anothers salvation merely because of doctrinal differences
 
I haven't been on those threads in a good while but I imagine things are hectic over there, a lot of times I will read through posts and see this division and it saddens me to see it even seeing others question anothers salvation merely because of doctrinal differences

Yes, I have shared my view and avoid playing verbal ping-pong,
only checking in once in a while to see if a miracle has occurred.
 
You can think someone is unsaved, you can suspect it; but it's best not to openly accuse someone of being unsaved in a Christian forum. For one thing you may not be right. Secondly, if you truly believes someone isn't saved, it would be better to show them the love of Christ so they might repent. Browbeating someone is no way to lead them to Christ.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Crazyjmill and GWH
I haven't been on hose threads in a good while but I imagine things are hectic over there, a lot of times I will read through posts and see this division and it saddens me to see it even seeing others question anothers salvation merely because of doctrinal differences
Do you know that person you are responding to contributes to the division by falsely accusing others
of saying, doing, and believing things they have neither said nor done and certainly don't believe, then
will insist you seek peace with them when they were the one falsely accusing, and in the middle of
that exchange, repeat the original false accusations all over again? Don't be fooled by these charlatans.
 
Yes, I have shared my view and avoid playing verbal ping-pong,
only checking in once in a while to see if a miracle has occurred.
That is why I made this thread so that hopefully those who do verbal ping pong and like to argue might be reminded of what we as believers are to do
 
You can think someone is unsaved, you can suspect it; but it's best not to openly accuse someone of being unsaved in a Christian forum. For one thing you may not be right. Secondly, if you truly believes someone isn't saved, it would be better to show them the love of Christ so they might repent. Browbeating someone is no way to lead them to Christ.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing (fully immerse) them in the name (Jesus' ministry) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. (God).
 
Do you know that person you are responding to contributes to the division by falsely accusing others
of saying, doing, and believing things they have neither said nor done and certainly don't believe, then
will demand you seek peace with them when they were the one falsely accusing, and in the middle of
that exchange, repeat the original false accusations all over again? Don't be fooled by these charlatans.
Really? wow I had no idea of that:(
 
Churches first of all need to stop being an extension of High School and so cliquish. Every man attending Church doesn't need to have the same haircut, suit, clothing, and act the same way. Same goes for the women. And when people visit or try to join they shouldn't be shunned until they begin becoming another cookie mold like everyone else. And until they accept the Gift of Salvation they shouldn't be viewed as less than or not worthy to be in the presence of others.

I don't know how many Church members I have witnessed over the years judging others based off whether or not people have much or have little. It's even caused me to attend other Churches that I maybe disagree with their doctrine or whatever it may be but I continued attending because everyone was at least treated equally.

And when members of the Church I once attended would see me and ask for me to return I would tell them what I saw them do to others. And what irritates me most is their response. I know it's wrong but you know how such and such is. To which I say I do know how they are and why I don't allow them to control my actions in the House of God.

Cliques are a major problem in Churches and whenever there's a clique you will never find the true love of God within them.
 
That is why I made this thread so that hopefully those who do verbal ping pong and like to argue might be reminded of what we as believers are to do
Love the person but not his false teaching/belief.
We have a responsibly to point out what is not according to the Scripture.
But when they will not listen we should just walk away.
To constantly argue does no one any good.
Say what you believe and then just move on.
 
Churches first of all need to stop being an extension of High School and so cliquish. Every man attending Church doesn't need to have the same haircut, suit, clothing, and act the same way. Same goes for the women. And when people visit or try to join they shouldn't be shunned until they begin becoming another cookie mold like everyone else. And until they accept the Gift of Salvation they shouldn't be viewed as less than or not worthy to be in the presence of others.

I don't know how many Church members I have witnessed over the years judging others based off whether or not people have much or have little. It's even caused me to attend other Churches that I maybe I disagree with their doctrine or whatever it may be but I continued attending because everyone was at least treated equally.

And when members of the Church I once attended would see me and ask for me to return I would tell them what I saw them do to others. And what irritates me most is their response. I know it's wrong but you know how such and such is. To which I say I do know how they are and why I don't allow them to control my actions in the House of God.

Cliques are a major problem in Churches and whenever there's a clique you will never find the true love of God within them.
Far to often I have dealt with the same issues what happened to the church to make it like this? It is basic christianity 101 love one another simple easy straight to the point yet so many do not do this
 
Far to often I have dealt with the same issues what happened to the church to make it like this? It is basic christianity 101 love one another simple easy straight to the point yet so many do not do this
If you truly love as Jesus loved you will try to point out wrong belief and correct it if possible.
To allow some one to believe or teach things contrary to Scripture, that is not loving the word, Jesus, nor the person.
 
Far to often I have dealt with the same issues what happened to the church to make it like this? It is basic christianity 101 love one another simple easy straight to the point yet so many do not do this
People with big wallets are what has happened to many Churches. People listen to the guy who buys them or could over the Pastor who will be removed if he doesn't follow protocol.

I was removed because some board members didn't like the message of fire and brimstone because the sinner is going to that very place. The board wanted this fake Grace crap so they didn't feel guilty for the multitude of sins they were accustomed to committing and didn't want a reminder they needed to repent. It's why I became an evangelist. I can preach the truth without worrying about being fired.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ouch and Caan