A Former Witch Looks At The Lord Of The Rings

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I don't know what anybody else thinks, just myself.
I think you should jump into the ring and see for yourself how "real" it is or isn't.
Then you would be qualified to comment on it.

I was referring to the predetermined outcomes. I know what the athletes put themselves through
 
If memory serves...

...and sometimes it doesn't, it's been some years since I watched the interview but this is what I gleaned...

In a video interview with J.R.R Tolkien, he recounted how he wrote The Hobbit/LOTR during the war with Germany, the Shire was metaphorical for England and Mordor was Germany. You will notice parallels also between the "EYE" of Sauron and...

200px-CBS_logo.svg.png


Columbia Broadcasting System

200px-Eye_of_Horus_bw.svg.png

Eye of Horus

It could be construed as "reaching" but I got the distinct impression that Tolkien was warning (and entertaining) his readers concerning the existing, and coming Nazi, Illuminati, Zionist...NWO.

Of course I could be totally mistaken...I just thought I would throw this perceptualisticalitionary aspectualisticism into the mix.

:cool:

Peace and love to you all,

P.
 
What the picture doesn't say is that they are all lined up to see one of the hot male stars of the film. It's probably not the book they are going wonky over. Notice the camera? LOL

Good point! I read the first Twilight book, it was really stupid, so now this is starting to make sense.
 
I suppose you're against sports fans too? They do gather in groups and hold signs and banners. It must be some secret occult practice.

Most sports fans can recite the stats of their favorite team and players with little trouble. How many of them can name the books of the O.T. and N.T. in order? Or even recite the Ten Commandments? How about the twelve tribes of Israel? How about the twelve (13 if you count Matthias as the replacement of Judas)?
 
Re: If memory serves...

...and sometimes it doesn't, it's been some years since I watched the interview but this is what I gleaned...

In a video interview with J.R.R Tolkien, he recounted how he wrote The Hobbit/LOTR during the war with Germany, the Shire was metaphorical for England and Mordor was Germany. You will notice parallels also between the "EYE" of Sauron and...

200px-CBS_logo.svg.png


Columbia Broadcasting System

200px-Eye_of_Horus_bw.svg.png

Eye of Horus

It could be construed as "reaching" but I got the distinct impression that Tolkien was warning (and entertaining) his readers concerning the existing, and coming Nazi, Illuminati, Zionist...NWO.

Of course I could be totally mistaken...I just thought I would throw this perceptualisticalitionary aspectualisticism into the mix.

:cool:

Peace and love to you all,

P.
I thought it was COMMUNIST Broadcasting System.
 
Praus the troller, Praus the disseminator of conspiracy, Praus the bearer of false witness, etc...
 
If you read the Silmarillion, which is the precursor to The Hobbit and LOTR, you would see a very close correlation to the Bible and Creation and Good vs. evil, with Melkor representing Satan and many of his minions being demons. I come down on the side that it is not sinful or un -Biblical to read and enjoy the story. BUT if this is a stumbling stone to my brother then I would forgo extolling it.
 
Praus the troller, Praus the disseminator of conspiracy, Praus the bearer of false witness, etc...

Hmmm, what happened here, did Praus hit a nerve?

That's a good question, but I'm on notice that I'm too ignorant to understand. :(

American adults score below average on worldwide test measuring math, reading and problem-solving. United States scored lower than Japan, Canada, Australia and Finland in all three areas.

American adults score below average on worldwide test | Mail Online
.
 
Cool! I just recently learned about satanic Santa at http://www.av1611.org, so thanks so much for pointing me to that website. :)
Haven't seen that page yet. I'll check it out.

Apologies for hijacking this thread even more than I already have, but I will say that St. Nicholas was a real man whose deeds we reference in our house when discussing the inevitable subject of "Santa". I made a conscience decision a long time ago that I would never teach my children to believe in fictional characters (Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Great Pumpkin, et al) lest when they find out the truth they possibly reject Christ because I'd previously taught them to believe a lie.
 
So I just finished reading the Hobbit last night. What a delightful book! And not one of those things did I find that were mentioned in the OP.

Of course, the first installment of the movie about Hobbit is just a nightmare! Radegast on a skateboard? I doubt Tolkien had heard of them!! I do hate movies that do not follow the book!

Tonight I start the LOR. For about the 20th time or so. I started back in high school - 1970 or so. Didn't really understand them that well, so no influence. Then I totally gave up all such "evil" fiction, because apparently it might pull me away from God and into the occult. (The 1980's was very dogmatic about some things in Christian circles!)

Well, I didn't need a book to do to my relationship with God what Rheumatoid Arthritis did! So yes, we are all influenced by different things, and sometimes ordinary things, or extraordinary things can draw us closer or farther from God. It is because we are all created uniquely. RA had me down for the count with God for quite a few years, but in the end, God used it to draw me closer to him and to do ministry to the hurting and broken. Amazing the way that verse always works out from Romans.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 NIV

I do hate blanket condemnation of whole things. My husband was like that. I wasn't allowed to watch or read an science fiction the first 10 years of our marriage. Strange how it never hurt me before I was a Christian. Then one day, I watched Star Trek the Next Generation. I found some very humanist teachings and a lot of interesting imaginative things.

In fact, OST (Original Star Trek) inspired some geeks to think about things like how to make a strange device that Mr. Spock used - the one that sat on his desk and he consulted about facts. Or those sliding doors in stores that open with a laser. In OST, they had two men pulling ropes to make those doors magically open. Now we take them for granted - computers, doors that open perfectly before you get to them. Lucky someone didn't tell Steve Jobs and Bill Gates that Sci Fi and fantasy was bad for them, or you and I wouldn't be talking at all! (You in the plural, of course!)

Since my husband lifted his bans and I refound my childhood interests, I have become a much stronger Christian. Walking with God is what counts, and as long as things are not advocating murder and evil, I cannot see the harm.

My thought is some people do come from a difficult or occultic background and perhaps books like LOR and Narnia and Harry Potter might confuse their relationship with God. They should therefore stay away from those kinds of books and movies. I hope I have not led them down a dangerous road with my insistence that they have not harmed me or my family.

I am really looking forward to starting "Fellowship of the Rings" tonight, after my nightly devotions. Reading fiction and fantasy tends to make me sleepy and helps knock me out. I think that is a better option that handfuls of pills. So please try not to push your thoughts about my personal reading habits on me. For one thing, I am long past the point of being led astray by fantasy and sci fi, and for another, don't be a stumbling block to me, because of your predilection for reality, or confusing reality with fiction.
 
IntoTheVoid said:
Do these people think Wrestling is real too?

I don't know what anybody else thinks, just myself.
I think you should jump into the ring and see for yourself how "real" it is or isn't.
Then you would be qualified to comment on it.
About 15 years ago I went to a wrestling match. I particularly remember one fight between the Undertaker and another wrestler whose name I don't recall. The Undertaker took a swing at the other man's head which sent him flying back into the ropes. That part looked real enough except that the punch missed by three to six feet. Kind of spoiled the effect, you know what I mean? :) I always figured the matches were rigged, but that pretty much convinced me.