A good woman should .... a godly wife should ....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

A good woman is a humble woman. A woman that is modest and quiet.

A godly wife is a wife that supports and helps her husband to be the best possible version of himself. That puts his needs before her own.

Sometimes I think a woman feels she need to serve a husband. That she is not enough on her own. Sometimes I say half jokingly I need a head. I can't think or make decisions on my own.

If I say out loud these statements I will be ridiculed. At work they would think I was sarcastic. But deep down this is what I think.

How can a modern, single woman be content without a husband to serve? How should a woman fill her role as a wife?

I don't have any answers. I just want to hear your reflections from women and men on this matter.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018

A godly wife is a wife that supports and helps her husband to be the best possible version of himself. That puts his needs before her own.

Sometimes I think a woman feels she need to serve a husband. That she is not enough on her own. Sometimes I say half jokingly I need a head. I can't think or make decisions on my own.

If I say out loud these statements I will be ridiculed. At work they would think I was sarcastic. But deep down this is what I think.

How can a modern, single woman be content without a husband to serve? How should a woman fill her role as a wife?

I don't have any answers. I just want to hear your reflections from women and men on this matter.
Dont think a womans/wifes place is to serve..but biblically..she nneds to RESPECT her husband..maybe because women tend to be more nurturing they feel obligated to do all the "serving" but that mind set of obligation will only lead to resentment down the line..i guess the prov 31 women holds true but im not a soft subserviant women either..many women in the bible arnt..one was a judge..mary..jesys mother must have endured months of gossip of family n loved ones whike pregnant..etc..i think..like a lot of things..contentment starts from your heart and the peace that only Christ can give..if you love someone..you tend to want to do things to please them..even if it looks like "serving"..i heard it said that woman was created as a help mate to help her husband fufill his God given calling..and in return..hers would get filled as well..make sense or am i just rambling? Oh...a woman doesnt have to be married to be content..in her singleness God holds her closer to Him..her time mind and energy usnt split between serving God and her husband..if our until God brings that husband for her..theres still many places o serve..i know..if youre looking to get married..the wait is hard..and the older you get..the less pretty it gets..lol..rest assured Gods got your back and knows the desires of your heart..be content and at peace ;)

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
A good woman is one who shares the same interest in game genres as you do.

THAT'S the sign of the truest love.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Oh...a woman doesnt have to be married to be content..in her singleness God holds her closer to Him..
I like this ^ ❤️❤️

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

I will ruin a woman when I buy Boardwalk and Park Place.

garet82

Jan 20, 2011
Hmm im thingking of it,
In my opinion Godly wife surely become good women and good women Not always become Godly wife.

Good women can be good in their manners n talks but they dont live in christianity values n not always believers. I see many good women at school n my neighbours are too but they are not Godly wife coz they dont believe in Jesus n what they do is what shpuld they do as good women. Like manners and customs how tobe good women.

J

joefizz

Yes because she can "relate" to you in so many ways!...
sharing memories of defeating bowser, stopping team rocket and so on!

M

Miri

The bit about humble, modest and quiet could apply to both men and women.

I was thinking of the following verses.

Micah 6:8 NKJV
[8] He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require
of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?

I think though that it would be useful to have a definition of these attributes.
To be quiet for example would not necessarily mean to be literally quiet. It could
mean to have a quiet style of spirit before God, not troubled, not anxious but taking
everything to God in prayer. I wouldn’t say it would mean “be quiet” as we all need to
speak out as Christians. You couldn’t speak out against injustice or spread the gospel if
you were quiet.

There are different types of humbleness and humility too. There can be false humility
which seeks to draw attention to itself for example and really seeks to esteem oneself.

Sorry just playing devils advocate. Lol

I think sometimes words need defining so we know what is meant.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
The bit about humble, modest and quiet could apply to both men and women.

I was thinking of the following verses.

Micah 6:8 NKJV
[8] He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require
of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?

I think though that it would be useful to have a definition of these attributes.
To be quiet for example would not necessarily mean to be literally quiet. It could
mean to have a quiet style of spirit before God, not troubled, not anxious but taking
everything to God in prayer. I wouldn’t say it would mean “be quiet” as we all need to
speak out as Christians. You couldn’t speak out against injustice or spread the gospel if
you were quiet.

There are different types of humbleness and humility too. There can be false humility
which seeks to draw attention to itself for example and really seeks to esteem oneself.

Sorry just playing devils advocate. Lol

I think sometimes words need defining so we know what is meant.
Nicely said..good insight!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I often fall back on Mary Magdalene when people talk about godly women. Jesus told her go tell the deciples, not go be quiet.
I'd like to read her gospel some day

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
PROVERBS 31: 26 She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
If. I had a pic of me sticking out my tonue..id post it just so you coukf checj for faithful instruction..;)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Dont think a womans/wifes place is to serve..but biblically..she nneds to RESPECT her husband..maybe because women tend to be more nurturing they feel obligated to do all the "serving" but that mind set of obligation will only lead to resentment down the line..i guess the prov 31 women holds true but im not a soft subserviant women either..many women in the bible arnt..one was a judge..mary..jesys mother must have endured months of gossip of family n loved ones whike pregnant..etc..i think..like a lot of things..contentment starts from your heart and the peace that only Christ can give..if you love someone..you tend to want to do things to please them..even if it looks like "serving"..i heard it said that woman was created as a help mate to help her husband fufill his God given calling..and in return..hers would get filled as well..make sense or am i just rambling? Oh...a woman doesnt have to be married to be content..in her singleness God holds her closer to Him..her time mind and energy usnt split between serving God and her husband..if our until God brings that husband for her..theres still many places o serve..i know..if youre looking to get married..the wait is hard..and the older you get..the less pretty it gets..lol..rest assured Gods got your back and knows the desires of your heart..be content and at peace ;)
I agree, a wife should respect her husband but the husband should not consider his wife his own personal servant who will wait on him and foot. That's not the way in works.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I often fall back on Mary Magdalene when people talk about godly women. Jesus told her go tell the deciples, not go be quiet.
I'd like to read her gospel some day
Why? It is one of the Gnostic gospels that are dated to the 2nd century. In other words it is a fabrication that is only attributed to Mary, not actually authored by her.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
A good woman doesn't get hung up with guys from internet forums.

L

LittleMermaid

I think we single women should focus on God and try to serve him. If you think about it...singleness is a blessing just as much as marriage is. We get to spend all our waking hours serving God.
If we are single...it's not wise to be thinking about marriage, love, romance etc...because it might not happen for us. That's okay though. We have God that will always love us and be there for us.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I think we single women should focus on God and try to serve him. If you think about it...singleness is a blessing just as much as marriage is. We get to spend all our waking hours serving God.
If we are single...it's not wise to be thinking about marriage, love, romance etc...because it might not happen for us. That's okay though. We have God that will always love us and be there for us.
You're pretty, so you'll get married.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Why? It is one of the Gnostic gospels that are dated to the 2nd century. In other words it is a fabrication that is only attributed to Mary, not actually authored by her.
because I'm curious. I read the appacrapha many years ago and found it to be interesting books by Hal Lindsey Jimmy Swagart, The Cross and the Switchblade, Left Behind. I saw angeles and demons [trash] and it's prequil about the holy grail [also trash]