I believe it was the beginnings of a straw man argument, as some others also tried to build at the beginning of the thread.Which scripture is to be blamed for these accusations?
I believe it was the beginnings of a straw man argument, as some others also tried to build at the beginning of the thread.Which scripture is to be blamed for these accusations?
And as I said in another post, you proved nothing taking a Scripture out of context that does not say what you so desperately want it to say. You are the liar. And myopic, as I addressed my previous response directly to you. I've heard of selective hearing ... you have the first case of selective seeing I've ever come across.What he said is an outright lie, I proved it by scripture. Here is his comment....
Originally Posted by Viligant_Warrior![]()
![]()
"Disobedience is part of still living in the flesh for all of God's children. Grace keeps us in Him despite that disobedience."[end quote]
Here is the proof of the lie....
Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Where did he say he has a license to SIN?
It is amazing to me that legalists always define grace as "license to sin." It is an indication that they do not know or understand God's grace, because if they did, they would realize that grace is like a governor's clemency to a condemned man, and that in gratitude he lives a life reflecting that gratitude. Still, he sometimes falters, because he is still a prisoner of the flesh.
So either you do not falter, which makes you perfect, or you a liar, which makes you an unbeliever.
Amen
Romans 6:14 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace?
God forbid.
We who preach unmerited Salvation by grace do not believe that believers continue to habitually sin or have any license to sin.
The essential difference in outlook between those under Law and those under grace is that those who are under law generally take prideful credit for their obedience (which isn't what they think it is); while we, who are under grace, attribute our obedience to God working in us to will and to do His good pleasure.
Php 2:13
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
KJV
We do not argue whether obedience should be present in the life of a believer. we argue over who should get the credit for our obedience.
That comment was a separate post # 33...That was a comment to all who think that Grace is a license to sin.
I believe it was the beginnings of a straw man argument, as some others also tried to build at the beginning of the thread.![]()
We who preach unmerited Salvation by grace do not believe that believers continue to habitually sin or have any license to sin.
The essential difference in outlook between those under Law and those under grace is that those who are under law generally take prideful credit for their obedience (which isn't what they think it is); while we, who are under grace, attribute our obedience to God working in us to will and to do His good pleasure.
Php 2:13
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
KJV
We do not argue whether obedience should be present in the life of a believer. we argue over who should get the credit for our obedience.
It is amazing to me that legalists always define grace as "license to sin." It is an indication that they do not know or understand God's grace, because if they did, they would realize that grace is like a governor's clemency to a condemned man, and that in gratitude he lives a life reflecting that gratitude. Still, he sometimes falters, because he is still a prisoner of the flesh.
So either you do not falter, which makes you perfect, or you a liar, which makes you an unbeliever.
Your left off this part:
[SUP]15 [/SUP]What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! [SUP]16 [/SUP]Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin [SUP][j][/SUP]resulting in death, or of obedience [SUP][k][/SUP]resulting in righteousness? [SUP]17 [/SUP]But thanks be to God that [SUP][l][/SUP]though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, [SUP]18 [/SUP]and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. [SUP]19 [/SUP]I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, [SUP][m][/SUP]resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, [SUP][n][/SUP]resulting in sanctification.
and then there is this
Romans 6.1-6:
6 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? [SUP]2 [/SUP]May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? [SUP]3 [/SUP]Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? [SUP]4 [/SUP]Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. [SUP]5 [/SUP]For if we have become [SUP][a][/SUP]united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be [SUP][b][/SUP]in the likeness of His resurrection, [SUP]6 [/SUP]knowing this, that our old [SUP][c][/SUP]self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be [SUP][d][/SUP]done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; [SUP]7 [/SUP]for he who has died is [SUP][e][/SUP]freed from sin.
If you continue in your thought that Romans is a book of SIN and not a Book of GRACE you will never see it. If you continue to think Romans is about personal performance and not position in Christ, then you are missing the greatest way to freedom recorded in the Bible.
I do not SIN nor do I have a license to SIN because of Grace, just as Paul records 2 times in Romans 6.

That comment was a separate post # 33...That was a comment to all who think that Grace is a license to sin.
And as I said in another post, you proved nothing taking a Scripture out of context that does not say what you so desperately want it to say. You are the liar. And myopic, as I addressed my previous response directly to you. I've heard of selective hearing ... you have the first case of selective seeing I've ever come across.
Ok so you wont say because he did not do it.
Thats how I took it you were saying to all who might think grace is a licsense to sin and again you get attacked, and even if I quote a verse to your words (just to agree with the words) you get a lecture on the context when you dont have a problem with either the context or the scriptures, its a mess...
I showed you what he said, and what I said, so stop the nonsense!
Thats how I took it you were saying to all who might think grace is a licsense to sin and again you get attacked, and even if I quote a verse to your words (just to agree with the words) you get a lecture on the context when you dont have a problem with either the context or the scriptures, its a mess...
I took nothing out of context. What you said is a direct contradiction of what the scriptures plainly say. If you cannot see that then you are blind.
You are only deceiving yourself if you think Grace is a license to sin, that is a very dangerous doctrine and position to be in. Repent!
