A message from my father, Mark

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
To who may all receive this message Jesus loves you:

I have lived my Christian life knowing that I am a sinner in need of a savior and God gave his Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross and rise again to forgive me of my sins. My Christian walk has been one of grace and works. My life has been blessed and stable which has allowed me to follow my calling and attend a church which has fed me spiritually my entire adult life.

My cancer diagnosis has rocked my world and it has motivated me to spend much more time in prayer and be in the word more than I have ever been in my life. If we are Christians to die is just a step into glory but my current adversity has put my mortality and the promise of heaven front and center. In my life death has been something that was always very far back in my mind. Please pray for me as I go through this adversity.

It has hit me like a ton of bricks that my love of Jesus needs to be stronger and everything in our life is based on our love of Jesus. We can thank him for his love towards us but our Christian walk is determined by how strong our love for him is.

I raised my family in a Christian home that was very pragmatic. We went to church and we prayed at home sometimes but I relied on my Church with its messages and church camps to minister to my family. Our prayers at home did not focus on developing a greater love for Jesus and loving what he loves. I felt the holy-spirit in church and relied on that to develop my love for Jesus and his word.

I now realize that I needed to actively encourage my children when they were younger to press into a deeper love of Jesus and that is something for which I am very sorrowful of and a time which I can never get back. I encourage and pray that each of you begin today to press into a love of Jesus beyond measure and you will in turn love what Jesus loves. If we are in love with Jesus all the other parts of living a life for Jesus fall into place.

I am thankful that we have a God of the now. I am actively seeking a greater love of Jesus. I have been blessed to see this need in my life and pass it on. I need Jesus today more than ever.

I know many of you have had life changing events of all kinds and are still working through changes. I am praying for you individually that you will start today to develop a deep abiding love for Jesus. I am also praying that Godly people will come into your lives to help you with your journey.

I love all of you so much and only want God’s best for you.

In Jesus love

Mark Russell

Feb 28, 2016
a very beautiful Testimony, and a very rare one to share with others...

TY, AS, for Posting it...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It is wonderful for your dad to share his beautiful testimony in the midst of his pain and suffering. His words speak volumes. God bless your father.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Beautiful words spoken from a heart of love for God's people.

I hear his tender heart and it's encouraging to know that with his struggle with cancer and his mortality staring him in the face, all he wants to do is grow more in love with our Lord and Savior.

Please let your dad know that I will be praying for him. I pray that he will see truths in the word of God that causes his spirit to soar to new heights in obedience and following hard after the Lord!

God bless you and your family!

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
Oh God bless your father he has words of knowledge and a message that is wonderful. I wish your father all the love in the world and Huge Hugs for him of comfort in his time of need. I am glad he is seeking to be even closer to God everyday that is wonderful.. I will pray for him on his journey with his cancer that he will be comforted by God in his time of need..

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Thank you everyone, I will be sure to tell him all of your lovely comments

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Very nice ArtsieSteph!! ( James 4:14!!) Sometimes brothers and sisters our true character can even be hidden from us, until an event takes place,and then we fine out just who we really are in Christ Jesus!( James 4:11-17) And the purpose we thought we had has little meaning compared to where are minds are suppose to be set upon!

The will of our Lord Jesus is to remain steadfast in being thankful always and for everything!( 1 Thess 5:18) To truly realize just what Jesus has done, just to call you his very own!!( 2 Tim 1:9, Isaiah 43:1-2, and Heb 2:11) Since we mean so much to our Jesus, should he not mean so much to us as well? OF COURSE! And HE DOES!!!! Thanks again sister for that very fine reminder!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Your father's heart for God is a beautiful thing to behold :)

Please thank him for sharing His love of God with us...

GetWellSoonFlowerGlitter.gif

wait-on-the-lord-scriptureCC.jpg

Dec 16, 2012
Hi Mark;

You've got a very creative girl who you should be really proud of. Praying for you since Stephanies requests a few months ago.

Cheers, Laura, Australia.

changfeng

Jul 29, 2017
it's great to see your sharing, hope anyone who really blieve Jesus can realize that. thanks for sharing!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Babe your dad is something else... lots of people talk about using their illnesses to glorify God but who knows how many actually go through with it? upon receiving his cancer it didn't just help him grow stronger and he didn't just learn from it but he gained a new fire and passion and is creating a forest fire in his home and those around him.
If only i could take a picture of your dads face if he could see how brightly father was beaming with such pride when he sent this message speaking from his heart

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Beautiful testimony thanks so much for sharing. Hugs and prayers.

student

Jul 20, 2010
HEAL
CANCER

I saw a tshirt with this message today. Your Father's message is beautiful. Blessings to him in this trial...and to you as well as together you fight. Love -student