A Simple Question, No Contention, No Controversy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Thanks for proving it was a trick question, or a leading question to continue with your jewish roots dogma,

No one changed the sabbath until sunday, we do not go to church to celebrate the sabaath or the day god rested, we go to celebrate his ressurection (our great salvation)

The sabbath is on saterday, yet paul demanded we not be divisive or judge people over sabbaths, thus why are you judging people (and wrongly i may add)
Amen brother! Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel that is not binding on Christians under the New Covenant.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Even when sabbatarians set out to worship on the Sabbath, are they truly "keeping the Sabbath?" To "keep the Sabbath" as it was required in the Old Testament under the Old Covenant would involve compliance with specific regulations (Exodus 16:23; 35:3; Leviticus 23:32; Jeremiah 17:21) that were strictly enforced.

If Sabbath day observances are still required, so would the burnt offerings which went along with them (Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13). So no kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath (Exodus 35:3). Every man must remain in his place (no traveling) on the sabbath (Exodus 16:29). No trading (Amos 8:5). No marketing (Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19).

These were commanded by God to Israel (Exodus 35:1).

If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why do not the Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it?

If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? The Seventh day Adventist church? The Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the Old Covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
God works on the sabbath and we also need to work every sabbath. Please move on.

John 5:16 Now because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews began to persecute Him. 17But Jesus answered them, “To this very day My Father is at His work, and I too am working.”

You have no idea what it means 'rest'
What you have posted here has no bearing on the thread........

Jesus was speaking of the works of God, not of driving a truck or mowing a lwn, not that either is contrary to observing the Sabbath under the guidance of the three principles to be applied in obedience of God, justice, mercy and faith. It is obvious this teaching has been lost on so very many, but it is from Jesus.
Still this is not within the parameters of the op.........start your own topic on whatever it is you wish togo on about.......your possts have no bearing here.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016

Jesus was speaking of the works of God, not of driving a truck or mowing a lwn, not that either is contrary to observing the Sabbath under the guidance of the three principles to be applied in obedience of God, justice, mercy and faith. It is obvious this teaching has been lost on so very many, but it is from Jesus.
Still this is not within the parameters of the op.........start your own topic on whatever it is you wish togo on about.......your possts have no bearing here.
The op is about sabbath and your claims that the sabbath is holy because God 'rested' and ordained it for rest fall flat when it is shown that actually God works on sabbath.
Justice/mercy/faith are all about love and these we are to maintain all the days of our life, not the seventh day only.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The op is about sabbath and your claims that the sabbath is holy because God 'rested' and ordained it for rest fall flat when it is shown that actually God works on sabbath.
Justice/mercy/faith are all about love and these we are to maintain all the days of our life, not the seventh day only.

The op is on direct questions and the responses proper. You cannot absorb it but please do not continue distorting this thread.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Non sequitur posting is rampant in the forums. When it is indicated to one doing this he must stop such activity and go on t his own thread if wanted or needed......

E

eternally-gratefull

Your the one who mentioned man changed the sabbath to sunday,

That was responded to. so do not say it was not the direction of the thread please.

E

eternally-gratefull

Non sequitur posting is rampant in the forums. When it is indicated to one doing this he must stop such activity and go on t his own thread if wanted or needed......
as usual, the person makes up his own rules. I suggest everyone run far away from this thread.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
as usual, the person makes up his own rules. I suggest everyone run far away from this thread.
well, actually, we can just hang out. Jamie j will get mad and leave soon. that is what he does- start a thread- demand no one disagree- says we do not understand- get angry-leave.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Who designated it to be the Seventh Day?
Man or God?
Actually it wouldn't be either, but would be the LORD who is the image of the eternal God, that only hath immortality.
  1. The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: Deut 33:27
  2. Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? Isa 53:1
  3. Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; 1 Tim 6:16
  4. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. Ex 31:17
All one has to do is look at the duplication of the OT in the NT scriptures.

And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is: Acts 4:24
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Ex 20:11
As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake. And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.
Ezek 1:28- 2:1
And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. Rev 22:8-9
And the LORD said unto me, Son of man, mark well, and behold with thine eyes, and hear with thine ears all that I say unto thee concerning all the ordinances of the house of the LORD, and all the laws thereof; Ezek 44:5

Who changed the Seventh Day gift to the first day of creation day?
Nothing in the scriptures suggests that the Sabbath was to be observed on the seventh day of creation, it merely states that man is to do all his work in six days and rest on the seventh day. In anything, the Sabbath requirement was to prevent individuals those in charge from requiring those under their authority from being forced to work without a day off each week.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Ex 20:9-11

E

eternally-gratefull

well, actually, we can just hang out. Jamie j will get mad and leave soon. that is what he does- start a thread- demand no one disagree- says we do not understand- get angry-leave.
if the dude wants to follow the sabbath he is well and able to do such, Thats not my issue

My issue is the strawman that man changed the day to sunday, Which is not true. Sunday is the Lords day (the day he ressurected and assured our salvation)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The Source is the Word.

God designated the Seventh Day.

Man changed the Sabbath of the Lord to the first day.....

Misconstruing or reinterpreting what is in plain words will not change this.

W

whatev

If one is capable of responding to this question...actually two questions, he will have no prolem understanding the truth on the fabricated issue of the Sabbath of the Lord.

Who gave mankind the Sabbath of the Lor (hint, whose Sabbath is it), and Who designated it to be the Seventh Day?

Man or God?

Who changed the s Seventh Day gift tothe first day of creation day?

Man or God?

Nofurther discussion necessary.
Who has the historic evidence of which day is the first day and which day is the seventh day?

The Sabbath was made for Man. Man was not made for the Sabbath.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is quite simple going by the Lunar Calendar..........this has been the same since before the Advent of our Lord, Jesus.

This ismore than evident. It is fact.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is a sad truth that many people throw around the title of Jesus, Lord, with no understanding whatsoever.

When we say the Lord a believers we are saying The Everlaqsting Father, God Almighty, Counselor, Prince of Peace, KIing, Husband, Comforter and much more at the same time.

So if someone says the Lord said without being aware of this, thinking it is just the one Name, jESUS, THEY ARE LImited in the scope of understanding and they are passing on darkness and not light.

Jesus is Yeshua and Yahweh also.........

W

whatev

How can it be that an honest question which can be easily replied to if reading the Bible is the quickest solution.

Here is the response.

In the Word the only Author of it gave the Sabbath of the Lord.

Nowhere in the Bible has it been amended by the Author, only by conventions of man, and no convention, not even a majority vote will ever change the will of our Father.

What is tricky about that?
And no where in the Bible does it say the name of that seventh day. Given calendars have changed often over the course of mankind, it's not a problem.

As for what is tricky about it, your contention, (and it does belong to you and you did write this to be contentious, so there is the trickery in the question, straight from you), there is only one day of the week people can have their Sabbaths. An odd contention, since if you asked 100 people what the first day of the week is, you would not receive consensus in the response. Many people think Monday is the first day of the week, because that is the day they start their work week. Many think Sunday is because that is what the Gregorian calendar says. Some think it's Friday, because they work on weekends. Biblically it starts at sundown and ends at the following sundown, so it is more than one of our calendar days.

If this was truly a problem for you, if you had a heart attack on the Sabbath would you seek medical help? Because, if you did, you'd be making quite a few people work on the one day of the week you've established as "the Sabbath," which would make you the cause of their sinning by your way of thinking.

So, this was a trick question. You were hoping no one would disagree with you, and so, prove you are right.

Proving you are right, isn't following the Lord either. It's trying to prove you are superior, which has very little to do with following the Lord.

W

whatev

It is quite simple going by the Lunar Calendar..........this has been the same since before the Advent of our Lord, Jesus.

This ismore than evident. It is fact.
Considering the lunar calendar doesn't establish sundown as the beginning of the day, you just proved, yet again, you are for contention and proving you are right, rather than seeking the Lord.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You display pure antagonism without attempting to understand.....I am sorry ..

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Considering the lunar calendar doesn't establish sundown as the beginning of the day, you just proved, yet again, you are for contention and proving you are right, rather than seeking the Lord.
You are being downright silly if not stupid.....

The lunar calendar of Israel has always designated sundown as the beginning of the new day.

You talk as if you know what you are saying, but all know by reading what you say you do not.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The whole system of the Law was a shadow pointing to Christ. A sign post for Israel. People who bang on about the Sabbath
and the rest of the Old Covenant are like those who are so attached to the sign post they never reach the destination its pointing
to instead they try to convince others to leave New Covenant city and return to the sign post instead.