A Simple Question, No Contention, No Controversy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The whole system of the Law was a shadow pointing to Christ. A sign post for Israel. People who bang on about the Sabbath
and the rest of the Old Covenant are like those who are so attached to the sign post they never reach the destination its pointing
to instead they try to convince others to leave New Covenant city and return to the sign post instead.

The intent of my post was for the theme question to be replied to, not a debat on Law or how to obeserve or not observe it.

Now who established the Sabbath of the Lord as teh Seventh day, and who changed that established order?

First God established it, and second men changed it.........no argument on grace and mercy being our salvation here. Never has been.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
multiple times, at the end of the Gospels, it states " early in the morning, at dawn, after the Sabbath, but, all say " on the first day of the week".

when did the Sabbath end? sundown on sat. when does the sun come up? sun. morning.

take out all the Judeaizers propaganda, and stay with the Scriptures, you will see the Lord's day clearly.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The entire system of the law was revised and explainde by Jesus Christ. With the infilling of the Holy Spirit we recognize just which laws make up the two great laws of Love and which do not, which are with mercy and which are not and which are just and which are not.

We know the law by faith in Jesus, Yeshua. We are save only by grace and mercy.........all by the Blood of the Lamb of God.

Now, let us return to the op...

Dec 12, 2013
The churches met on the first day of the week and every day as well....
The Sabbath does not apply to Gentiles and or the New Covenant Churches

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The end of the controversy^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If one is capable of responding to this question...actually two questions, he will have no prolem understanding the truth on the fabricated issue of the Sabbath of the Lord.

Who gave mankind the Sabbath of the Lor (hint, whose Sabbath is it), and Who designated it to be the Seventh Day?

Man or God?

Who changed the s Seventh Day gift tothe first day of creation day?

Man or God?

Nofurther discussion necessary.
The answer is "God" in both cases.

J

Jeremiah74

If one is capable of responding to this question...actually two questions, he will have no prolem understanding the truth on the fabricated issue of the Sabbath of the Lord.

Who gave mankind the Sabbath of the Lor (hint, whose Sabbath is it), and Who designated it to be the Seventh Day?

Man or God?

Man or God?

Hello JaumeJ

Who changed the s Seventh Day gift to the first day of creation day?

The creator of the heavens and the earth gave it to man, a covenant forever throughout our generations. I pretty sure it was the Most repeated command given

Who changed the s Seventh Day gift to the first day of creation day?

The Roman catholic church changed the sabbath, I believe their admit-ion to changing it without the authority of God or Jesus has come out recently.

J

Jeremiah74

The churches met on the first day of the week and every day as well....
The Sabbath does not apply to Gentiles and or the New Covenant Churches

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The end of the controversy^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Revelation 21:12
and having a great and high wall, having twelve gates, and at the gates twelve messengers, and names written on them, which are those of the twelve tribes of the children of Yisra’ĕl:
This is the Kingdom. What you would call heaven.
I don't see any gates for gentiles..

Dec 12, 2013
Revelation 21:12
and having a great and high wall, having twelve gates, and at the gates twelve messengers, and names written on them, which are those of the twelve tribes of the children of Yisra’ĕl:
This is the Kingdom. What you would call heaven.
I don't see any gates for gentiles..
This has nothing to do with the thread, nor any bearing on what I have said.....like most things you say---->irrelevant...

J

Jeremiah74

This has nothing to do with the thread, nor any bearing on what I have said.....like most things you say---->irrelevant...
You said: The Sabbath does not apply to Gentiles and or the New Covenant Churches

Just pointing out the fact that in Revelation there is not a gate for the gentiles.

Dec 12, 2013
You said: The Sabbath does not apply to Gentiles and or the New Covenant Churches

Just pointing out the fact that in Revelation there is not a gate for the gentiles.
Yeah I suggest the New Covenant where there is neither JEW nor Gentile, but rather a NEW Creation in Christ JESUS...the TWO (JEWS and GENTILES) have BECOME ONE..........

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

Man or God?

Man or God?

Well, it would be much easier if you asked in a way or dialect that most english speaking people actually speak in now days I don't know what dialect you are speaking in but King James died 'bout 400 years ago.

So let me rephrase the Question in 21st Century American. Who Changed the of rest and worship from Saturday to Sunday, Man or God? Correct? If so, my answer is neither. The Romans did it you can't blame mankind on the actions of an elite few. Jesus called the Levites and Pharisses hypocrites because of their strict attention to detail regarding following the letter of the law and overlooking the spirit in which it was given. The lord himself was reprimanded for picking grain on the sabbath.

Back the Romans; I don't know if it was one of the Ceasers, or a Pope who did it, but traditionaly Sunday's had the worst weather of the week, in Italy, in those days. Emperor Constantine then later the Pope was declared to have the authority of God over man. So the sabbath day was changed from Saturday to Sunday so people wouldn't have to go to work 'outside' on the lousiest days of the week.

What difference does it make, we are no longer required to obey Levitical laws they died on the cross.

J

Jeremiah74

I posted this on another thread but maybe it will help here.

Judaism and Christianity are opposite pole. one added and one took away from Gods Word. What if we could meet in the middle?

Just consider this with an open mind.

ohn 1:1,2
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.

This is talking about Jesus right.

John 1:18
No one has ever seen God. The only brought-forth Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He did declare.

So who did Abraham, Moses and Jacob see?

John 8:58
58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Aḇraham came to be, I am.”
He was the one that was before Abraham

John 15:10,15
10 "If you guard My commands, you shall stay in My love, even as I have guarded My Father’s commands and stay in His love.
15 “No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, for all teachings which I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

John 15:22
“If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.

Isn't it possible Jesus Is the one who gave the commands on Mt. Sinai.
Jesus in hebrew(Yeshua) literally means YHVH saves

So when He says " obey MY commands" we want to look for the words in red.
How many commands do you find in red to justifying all, if it was only 2 wouldn't he say my 2 commands?

Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

J

Jeremiah74

I know when we read the new testament through religious filters all we see is Jesus rebuking the law. But see they added so much to it it became naught as he said. There is NO command saying you can,t pick wheat on the sabbath or that you have to go through some hand washing ceremony like they said. He gave a higher level of understanding of His commands, Like the Adultery thing. That was a higher level of understanding. Also the donkey in a ditch, Obviously its a emergency situation you have to get it out.
It took me many years to be able to look at scripture without the man made religious filters. But once I did everything just came alive.

Dec 12, 2013
I know when we read the new testament through religious filters all we see is Jesus rebuking the law. But see they added so much to it it became naught as he said. There is NO command saying you can,t pick wheat on the sabbath or that you have to go through some hand washing ceremony like they said. He gave a higher level of understanding of His commands, Like the Adultery thing. That was a higher level of understanding. Also the donkey in a ditch, Obviously its a emergency situation you have to get it out.
It took me many years to be able to look at scripture without the man made religious filters. But once I did everything just came alive.
Donkey? it was an OX......man...you assume much....serious...in particular the bolded.....

J

Jeremiah74

Donkey? it was an OX......man...you assume much....serious...in particular the bolded.....
2 Thessalonians 2:3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. NIV

Dec 12, 2013
2 Thessalonians 2:3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. NIV
What does this verse that you quoted have to do with anything we have said back and forth?

Sep 4, 2012
The creator of the heavens and the earth gave it to man, a covenant forever throughout our generations. I pretty sure it was the Most repeated command given
Can you show in scripture where YHWH gave the sabbath covenant to the Canaanites? The Amorites? How about the Moabites?