A Study of Torah from Gen. - Rev.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
Yes I agree that 2Cor 6v14 might be the better answer to my question in #8.....but again, not everybody knows that....I didn't ! so---children need to be taught the Word of God/Truth from the cradle !s that ever going to happen ? (in a way it is happening now by educating the Parents....IF they will HEAR !!!

Jun 5, 2017
That was good thank you. The only thing I seen missing is that Torah can also mean, Teacher, Mark, Law, and commandment. That was beat into my hard head by a Rabbi I once studied under.
Hi Rainrider

Already captured in the 5 books of Moses so all good

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Yes I agree that 2Cor 6v14 might be the better answer to my question in #8.....but again, not everybody knows that....I didn't ! so---children need to be taught the Word of God/Truth from the cradle !s that ever going to happen ? (in a way it is happening now by educating the Parents....IF they will HEAR !!!
When teaching from the Bible was removed from schools here. It changed everything. True that most don't teach the Word to their kids. Then most don't even know what it really has to say. They may know the stories, and right from wrong. Yet the stories are only a small part of it all. Unless one takes time to really look at what the story teaches us. That is part of what we will be looking at in here. I will say now that some of this is not meant for the kidos, after all, at times we will go into things that most people don't even think about.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
Hi Rainrider

Already captured in the 5 books of Moses so all good
I do hope to see a lot from you on this topic. As I am sure you may find somethings that you may make you think I lost my mind. Now where did I put that thing? I was just playing with it. :(

Jun 5, 2017
I do hope to see a lot from you on this topic. As I am sure you may find somethings that you may make you think I lost my mind. Now where did I put that thing? I was just playing with it. :(
Yes Rainrider ;) Its a great topic you made. I know I sound like a broken record sometimes, but I love the Old Testament just as much as the New Testament because the new comes from the Old; These are the two witnesses and are in so much harmony that it amazes me everyday I learn more and more that it indeed must be the Word of God (Jesus).

God bless you

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
I may seem to be removing this next passage from it's true intent. Just hear me out on this one please.
2Co 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

One can also take this passage to mean that we should not marry out side of our faith. As we all know, that if a Faith only follower was to marry a faith first then obedience follower, the fight in that house would be never ending, unless one or the other, changed their following to fit the others. In a case like that however, resentment may well follow the change of faith.

Does that make both wrong? Not really.
However I do follow that I sound spiritual connection must come first. IN that I mean that we should do our best to find a person that follows the same teachings.
Follow the same teachings?
Could you provide an example of what is sound teaching

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Every word of the Bible
Do you then agree with the New Testament as well?
and do you agree that Paul was a perfect and infallible witness testifying to the TRUTH of GOD's WORD?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
I don't understand this lack of response to my above question
Do I, by your lack of response, assume this to mean that no, you are not in agreement with all of GOD's WORD?

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
As one follows this commandment the next thing we should find would be Gen 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
So how did he know that a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and they shall become one flesh if it is written in John 5:19

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Every word of the Bible

What about Duet. 8:3?

Last edited:
W

WingsOfFidelity

Do I, by your lack of response, assume this to mean that no, you are not in agreement with all of GOD's WORD?
He may be busy and hasn't had the time to respond yet. There is life beyond the internet. :p

W

WingsOfFidelity

I do wish to stay on topic. I was told it was not off topic, so I asked 2 things to find out how it was on topic. Simple as that.
I like the way you responded to me. There was no indication of being argumentative. Thank you.

I would like to try and answer the two questions though.

She used wine to describe the old and new testaments as you used both in your original post. It seems wise to study the old in order to appreciate the new. Because you are studying the old testament through, starting at the first book and working your way through it, is where her second statement came from. And it seems to me she didn't respond to the marriage part of your message.

Also, I too am enjoying your thread. I learned some about the Tora that I was always told but it was never explained to me.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
When one seeks to find the first Commandment, were do we look? Some may say to Gen, 2:1-2. Is that true though, or should one first look to Gen 1?
Gen 1:28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

As one follows this commandment the next thing we should find would be,
Gen 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

This passage will come into play as we move on in this study. It plays a big part in understanding many of the commandments dealing with marriage, and the respect that is to be shown in marriage.

Pro 18:22
He who
finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favor from the LORD.

Though this is not a commandment, it does show us juts how HaShem see's the act of marriage. Yet as with all things, this can become a sin,
1Co 7:34 There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband.

If the wife placed her husband before HaShem, she has lost her way. Just as if a man placed his wife first, he would have as well.

I do hope that someone will add to this, in keeping with the topic at hand. I know enough to say I don't know everything, and that I may well have over looked something. I will post on Gen. 3 tomorrow, and once more walk it through as fare as I can. Keep in mind I may not post ever passage that deals with a topic, as we will find the same topic later.
Just as Paul understood in all things one was to be at peace with all men as much as it is in their ability to do so

that means even if one is unequally yoked (believer with unbeliever) if the unbelieving partner is willing to stay and be at peace with his/her believing partner than they are to stay together because the believing partner sanctifies their unbelieving spouse

and does the believing spouse (if there is peace in the marriage) have the right and liberty to leave their unbelieving spouse...just because they want to?

Last edited:

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
and do you agree that Paul was a perfect and infallible witness testifying to the TRUTH of GOD's WORD?
I want you to know now that I am notgoing to get darwn into a debate. You want that answered, then by all means sick around, You will findyour answer in time. Even though that has been answered more than once. So stay on topic please.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
It's called sleep.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
I like the way you responded to me. There was no indication of being argumentative. Thank you.

I would like to try and answer the two questions though.

She used wine to describe the old and new testaments as you used both in your original post. It seems wise to study the old in order to appreciate the new. Because you are studying the old testament through, starting at the first book and working your way through it, is where her second statement came from. And it seems to me she didn't respond to the marriage part of your message.

Also, I too am enjoying your thread. I learned some about the Tora that I was always told but it was never explained to me.
Yes I talked with loveme about it. We had a rather nice talk, and it was made clear to me. I know that at times, I may be quick on the draw, however, that comes from the things I have had to deal with on here, and the kind of post I wish to keep off this tread. As it is, I wake up only to find some that seem to trying to drag that dead debate into here as well. They will not get a response that will open that door, if they get one at all. If that makes me wrong, then I will let HaShem by my judge.
I am glad you are liking this thread as it is. If everyone will just let it roll out I am sure that they will learn a lot. After all is the lack of understanding I have seen on other threads that prompted this one.
I am not saying they have a lack of understand, for what they follow, I am only saying they have a lack of understanding of the OT. and how it fits so seamlessly into the NT. That doesn't mean one must change anything about their life they simply don't wish to, as it is not my job to change anyone. That I leave in the hands of the Holy Spirit.

Rainrider

Jun 17, 2017
So how did he know that a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and they shall become one flesh if it is written in John 5:19

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

What about Duet. 8:3?
I think Deut. 8:3 is going to follow Duet. chapter 7.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Every word of the Bible
I want you to know now that I am notgoing to get darwn into a debate. You want that answered, then by all means sick around, You will findyour answer in time. Even though that has been answered more than once. So stay on topic please.
You are breaking your own rules as per your own opening paragraph

You are asking others not to be rude
you want to control this thread?

this is a bible discussion forum
it does involve back and forth discussion and exchange of questions
and the right thing is to answer those questuons
not brush them off as off topic

if you want to have a bible study from Genesis to revelation...then it should be clearly made known and not kept hidden your answer to my question regarding all of the teachings as per the WORD of GOD

Who would want to take part in a bible study if the leader doesn't even agree with Paul's teachings at TRUTH?

So can you just answer if you agree with all of Paul's teachings as inspired and led by CHRIST's SPIRIT so powerfully at work in him revealing all TRUTH to him as GOD's TRUTH by GOD's SPIRIT....

GOD's SPIRIT overrides men's thoughts and opinions and suggestions and "yeast"

dont you agree?

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
The old wine should be tasted.... then one can enjoy the great taste of the New wine. I hope many have studied the Bible like they read other books. It is page upon page.. precept upon precept. Glory to the Almighty GOD.
Don't you agree that the TESTIMONY of JESUS is THE SPIRIT of PROPHECY?

that all of God's word spoken in visible signs and representations and pictures and parallels and parables were simply to point us to CHRIST

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
You could have had the same courtesy of answering my question like an adult sir and not scolding me as if I am an unruly child

your offended by my wanting to get to the simple and clear TRUTH of THE ONE FOUNDATION upon which HE will build HIS BODY

The things which you want to discuss were simply thesjadows of sll
the realities found in CHRIST JESUS

Provided one is in HIM to begin with