Advice about Internet Ministries for the Great Commission teaching

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2018
How would you teach others how to use e-mail accounts, Facebook, Linkedin, Forums and Blogging sites etc. to teach God's wonderful Good News Truths? Be specific and give short testimonies in your past experiences.

S

SpoonJuly

To much trash and false teaching on the internet to sort through.
Your time would be better spent if you forget about the internet and go out to the people in need of the Gospel. face to face, one on one.
While I will spend a little time on this site, I NEVER watch internet or TV preachers.
As I already said, to much time needed to separate the truth from the trash.

Dec 28, 2016
I don't believe any person who shows disdain for the church, ridicules it, finds nothing but fault in all his own local churches should be an "online preacher" or in fact any sort of preacher at all.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I think that the more we focus and point to Him, in how we treat others, in what we say and how we share, onlife and off we need to...

Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.
Colossians 4:6 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/col.4.6.NASB

We need to remain humble, love mercy and do justice in all way, at all times, pointing again to Him and when we don't, may we repent and get back on track with and in Him. Share our experiences and apply verses and how He is working with us. Be a light.

Oct 24, 2018
I don't believe any person who shows disdain for the church, ridicules it, finds nothing but fault in all his own local churches should be an "online preacher" or in fact any sort of preacher at all.
I think that the more we focus and point to Him, in how we treat others, in what we say and how we share, onlife and off we need to...

Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.
Colossians 4:6 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/col.4.6.NASB

We need to remain humble, love mercy and do justice in all way, at all times, pointing again to Him and when we don't, may we repent and get back on track with and in Him. Share our experiences and apply verses and how He is working with us. Be a light.

***I agree totally. A lot of violations of that is in these forums and that grieves me every time. The slandering is horrible! That is supposed to be illegal even and people have gone to jail for such.

Oct 24, 2018
And the source of our Internet ministries should be from the experiences and education we get from the church we attend.
See Philippians 2:1-5 and Ephesians 4:11-16

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
***I agree totally. A lot of violations of that is in these forums and that grieves me every time. The slandering is horrible! That is supposed to be illegal even and people have gone to jail for such.
I think the problem here is this...

We want freedom to be able to speak freely, allowing our minds desire to talk a biblical matter out with others. It can be edifying to stregthen our faith and should help us grow in our ability to make a valid scriptural points without getting in our flesh with unappealing insults and unkind character assassinations. We should be utilizing this awesome opportunity and platform to practice putting on the breastplate of righteousness, all while maintaining a softened heart. Unfortunately, we struggle sometimes keeping in mind that all the truth of the word without the humility, wisdom and heart lacks all the truth of the word, if that makes sense. I see certain things tolerated and did not understand it, like I do now. I think if we crack down to the extent that we don't allow for any room for error in regards to our flesh, the strengths this site provides would also take a hit. With that said, I'm not suggesting we disregard reaching for Him and pointing to Him with our actions and words. I guess it is a balance thing, that requires discernment and prayer.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Wait a minute to both of you. Nothing I said was slander. Both of you need to learn the definition. What I said stands and if the shoe fits, you're wearing it. It is shameful that there is an accusation of slander then I am slandered myself. Look up the. Word. ANY person slamming the church is no preacher.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
And the source of our Internet ministries should be from the experiences and education we get from the church we attend.
See Philippians 2:1-5 and Ephesians 4:11-16
You've said you don't attend church and slammed all churches in your area. You really shouldn't make these statements when you do these things yourself.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
I think the problem here is this...

We want freedom to be able to speak freely, allowing our minds desire to talk a biblical matter out with others. It can be edifying to stregthen our faith and should help us grow in our ability to make a valid scriptural points without getting in our flesh with unappealing insults and unkind character assassinations. We should be utilizing this awesome opportunity and platform to practice putting on the breastplate of righteousness, all while maintaining a softened heart. Unfortunately, we struggle sometimes keeping in mind that all the truth of the word without the humility, wisdom and heart lacks all the truth of the word, if that makes sense. I see certain things tolerated and did not understand it, like I do now. I think if we crack down to the extent that we don't allow for any room for error in regards to our flesh, the strengths this site provides would also take a hit. With that said, I'm not suggesting we disregard reaching for Him and pointing to Him with our actions and words. I guess it is a balance thing, that requires discernment and prayer.
You talk about the flesh a lot when others speak the truth then agree that the person is slanderous, offering several rebukes.

You think that's good, right?

Well guess what, you're doing what I'm doing you just think I'm in the flesh which s OK but that was your point and why you posted.

But slander? Slander means to lie about someone which did not take place with me. Please understand the word, it is used too often and what you are saying is someone outright lied.

Sorry but your incorrect asserting, agreeing or what have you that I slandered. Did you slander by asserting someone did something "in the flesh?"

When anyone slams churches, Christ's bride, then I'm saying something about it because it's uncalled for. Perhaps you want to encourage that path but not here, not happening, it's shameful.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
What? Shall we all don muzzles? I have just posted about some of the churches here in Spain, mainly RCC and some Evangelical. what I posted is very negative but completely true.

Is this slander? Does Paul slander when he writes to the assemblies? Is God slandering when He notes the faults of the Seven Churches?

I believe, this being a forum as so many point out, it is open season for anyone to voice how he or she feels about the faults of any congregation as long as it is truth and for edification.

If I should point out that a congregation collects funds and the ones in charge or at least one uses the monies for a brothel visit………...is this slander if it is true?

Get real and pass on truth, not exaggerated false impressions.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
As for online ministries, this is for the individual to choose, it is no different from choosing an offline congregation. In some ways it is better.

The Holy Spirit guides all believers in matters of fellowship.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
What? Shall we all don muzzles? I have just posted about some of the churches here in Spain, mainly RCC and some Evangelical. what I posted is very negative but completely true.

Is this slander? Does Paul slander when he writes to the assemblies? Is God slandering when He notes the faults of the Seven Churches?

I believe, this being a forum as so many point out, it is open season for anyone to voice how he or she feels about the faults of any congregation as long as it is truth and for edification.

If I should point out that a congregation collects funds and the ones in charge or at least one uses the monies for a brothel visit………...is this slander if it is true?

Get real and pass on truth, not exaggerated false impressions.
Yes, get real because the above is not reflective of what I'm addressing.

Your situation is different and is not the same thing. To slam all churches, that is the difference. Of course everyone knows that some churches have issues, that's a given. I'm already aware of these things so that's not the issue at hand.

When a person slams all churches and doesn't attend because none are good, that's another story altogether. That's what I'm referring to so I want to set the record straight since it's being misconstrued in your above given scenario.

Thank you.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
As for online ministries, this is for the individual to choose, it is no different from choosing an offline congregation. In some ways it is better.

The Holy Spirit guides all believers in matters of fellowship.
There is no such thing as an online church.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I believe the internet brings many possibilities to share our faith. I have many opportunities in FB for example.

For a course next semester, I am going to be creating an on-line course. The purpose will be evangelism and discipleship, group spiritual formation.

Sadly, there is a real disconnect with getting new believers saved, and then into caring and teaching churches, after salvation.They are justified, but then a lifetime has to be spent in sanctification.

However, this kind of obedience to the Great Commission needs to be done in the context of someone, or people who are firmly grounded in a church, with oversight by the elders, and a solid knowledge of Scripture, and people who love their church family.

There are no lone rangers in the kingdom of God! Without the support, both in prayer and encouragement, an outreach ministry is headed for failure.

I will also add, sharing the gospel is a long process on the internet, only destined for an individual with great patience and love of God and his people!

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
There are no lone rangers in the kingdom of God!
That right there and what I'm getting at! When a person is slamming all churches he is slamming people, and frankly people on here that are the church.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Yes, get real because the above is not reflective of what I'm addressing.

Your situation is different and is not the same thing. To slam all churches, that is the difference. Of course everyone knows that some churches have issues, that's a given. I'm already aware of these things so that's not the issue at hand.

When a person slams all churches and doesn't attend because none are good, that's another story altogether. That's what I'm referring to so I want to set the record straight since it's being misconstrued in your above given scenario.

Thank you.
As usual you will not be content until you have had the last word.
My comment is on edifying others no matter which denomination when it is the way to respond or comment.

And YES, it can be the entire Body of Christ what with it being varied assembleis with some believers in most if not all of them.

Adification and admonition in truth is always a good tool spiritually.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
People who seek to catch others up in their words are everywhere and, frankly, cheap.

People who seek to understand what the other is saying are dear and not so common,

If a person knows what another is attempting to express, albeit, not perfectly, this is what that person should address…….otherwise he is a Pharisee.

Oct 24, 2018
You've said you don't attend church and slammed all churches in your area. You really shouldn't make these statements when you do these things yourself.
I was only speaking about currently. Each weekend I have been listening to about 10 sermons and a lot of Christian worship music and enjoying creating my Bible study tools and ministering via the Internet and texting. And you probably do only a few hours of ministering each weekend. I am pleasing God a lot more. I spend most of my time every week obeying what the Holy Spirit urges and making the proper changes in my Sanctification process. Meanwhile you are in the "wood, hay, and stubble", 2 Timothy 3:5 group of Christians and pleasing Satan by your negative postings in these discussions. I hope that you will repent and obey the commandments in John 14-16 before it is too late. I reported you. I will now obey 2 Timothy 3:5 in relation to you.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
You talk about the flesh a lot when others speak the truth then agree that the person is slanderous, offering several rebukes.

You think that's good, right?

Well guess what, you're doing what I'm doing you just think I'm in the flesh which s OK but that was your point and why you posted.

But slander? Slander means to lie about someone which did not take place with me. Please understand the word, it is used too often and what you are saying is someone outright lied.

Sorry but your incorrect asserting, agreeing or what have you that I slandered. Did you slander by asserting someone did something "in the flesh?"

When anyone slams churches, Christ's bride, then I'm saying something about it because it's uncalled for. Perhaps you want to encourage that path but not here, not happening, it's shameful.
I did not say I thought you slandered anyone, brother. I was responding to his comment about the forum in general. I am sorry, if I missed something, slander is never good, not his, not mine, not anyones. Listen preacher4truth, truly, when I talk about the flesh, I was referring to all of us. I love my Church (the one I attend) and the body of His (His children). I try to, anyways, but sometimes I miss the mark. I apologize if what I said sounded accusatory, because I do not agree with anyones slanderous comments, that was not my intention. I do not think it is slander though, truly, to say or to notice that we all fall short online and off. I know that I do and that is why we all need His mercy. Really preacher4truth, I still believe we need balance, filled with truth, discernment, wisdom, heart, and prayer.